OtherGround Forums Canceling Netflix b/c of Cuties=dumb AF

13 days ago
11/20/09

I'm not trying to defend Cuties.  I tried watching the first 5 minutes, just could not watch any more even if just to learn what the controversey was about.  Just shitty movie, but others have told me why it's controversial, I won't disagree with them. 

However, why the fuck would you cancel Netflix?  Because they are A platform that showed the movie?

Do you not like platforms that can be used to exploit minors?  Well go all in, don't pick and choose.  Don't be a hypocrite. 

Facebook, you should probably delete it, as well as facebook messenger.  Do you honestly think facebook has never been used to entice and/or exploit minors? Snapchat, instagram, tiktok, twitter?

Do you know there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of websites that stream Cuties?  

What about.....canceling the world wide web?  Surely you have to be aware, that the internet is arguably the biggest tool regarding inappropriate sexual behavior/actions with minors.  If you're going to cancel Netflix, why?  Because they are a platform to exploit minors?  Well, ask yourself, how consisent are you going to be?

I get it, you don't like it.  To me, it's the same as someone being outraged over police brutality, and instead of going to city hall, asking for records of officer complaints, following up with the Chief on how the complaints were handled, no, instead they loot and riot expecting the problem to fix itself.  Go after the source.  

How many of you have actually googled who produced the Cuties movie?  Why aren't you going after him, instead of saying "I'm so mad I'm going to cancel Netflix"?

I don't get it. 

13 days ago
1/12/07

You guys are really outing yourselves .

13 days ago
2/11/03
Im just not going to watch it, but ill keep netflix. I share it with the family anyway so the cost is negligible
13 days ago
5/12/08

if you don’t like the idea of cuties or any show and you chose to cancel that is perfectly fine. Posting and rambling on social media is dumb. Same goes for a restaurant or store. If I have a bad experience I just may not return to that store whatever. Same applies to almost any service etc. 

13 days ago
8/21/11
OP the type of guy to let his friends dump loads in his wife and then proceed to tell you it's perfectly normal and that he's an alpha.
Edited: 13 days ago
12/29/09
baptistmo - 

if you don’t like the idea of cuties or any show and you chose to cancel that is perfectly fine. Posting and rambling on social media is dumb. Same goes for a restaurant or store. If I have a bad experience I just may not return to that store whatever. Same applies to almost any service etc. 

I haven't cancled mine yet, but I'm kinda thinking about it because I rarely use it. But people seem to feel pretty strongly about this, and I think it's actually a cause that's worth taking a stand on, unlike all the other ones that  we keep folding like lawnchairs for. 

13 days ago
12/4/18

Right wing obsession 

13 days ago
4/17/13
God Of Thunder -

Right wing obsession 

I love how this is how the left is defending this shit... "OMG why is the right so obsessed with protecting children.."

13 days ago
4/1/15

People can do whatever they want. If a movie that Netflix is putting triggers them enough to make them not want to give their money to netflix that's fine. It's not "dumb AF" (using AF is dumb though).

What's dumb is the apparent need to get validation from others by loudly proclaiming that you canceled Netflix because of this movie.

It's like walking into a party and yelling "I AM NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!!!".

Seems to me that if you do that you probably shouldn't be around kids.

8/23/04
BringBackHeadbutts -

I'm not trying to defend Cuties.  I tried watching the first 5 minutes, just could not watch any more even if just to learn what the controversey was about.  Just shitty movie, but others have told me why it's controversial, I won't disagree with them. 

However, why the fuck would you cancel Netflix?  Because they are A platform that showed the movie?

Do you not like platforms that can be used to exploit minors?  Well go all in, don't pick and choose.  Don't be a hypocrite. 

Facebook, you should probably delete it, as well as facebook messenger.  Do you honestly think facebook has never been used to entice and/or exploit minors? Snapchat, instagram, tiktok, twitter?

Do you know there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of websites that stream Cuties?  

What about.....canceling the world wide web?  Surely you have to be aware, that the internet is arguably the biggest tool regarding inappropriate sexual behavior/actions with minors.  If you're going to cancel Netflix, why?  Because they are a platform to exploit minors?  Well, ask yourself, how consisent are you going to be?

I get it, you don't like it.  To me, it's the same as someone being outraged over police brutality, and instead of going to city hall, asking for records of officer complaints, following up with the Chief on how the complaints were handled, no, instead they loot and riot expecting the problem to fix itself.  Go after the source.  

How many of you have actually googled who produced the Cuties movie?  Why aren't you going after him, instead of saying "I'm so mad I'm going to cancel Netflix"?

I don't get it. 

Bro Netflix is PROMOTING IT. It's different that way. That means they are in line with this sick behavior. The fact they doubled down and stated that there's nothing wrong with it shows you that either the people are up top are in on this pedophilic shit or they just need to be fired because they are incapable of distinguishing right from wrong when netflix writers who wrote this sick shit, are not being punished but actually promoted! Total incompetence or totally aboard this scum behavior. Which one is it? Do you have children? 

13 days ago
1/1/01

If it lowers their stick price, they'll get the message and put off trying it again. 

9/27/15

Netflix has not fired a single person for allowing this trash to air on there platform. It is voting with my dollar. If I see a change in there structure or acknowledgement that they fucked up then I will consider giving them money. 

13 days ago
4/23/02
sureshock -
BringBackHeadbutts -

I don't get it. 

Bro Netflix is PROMOTING IT. It's different that way. That means they are in line with this sick behavior. The fact they doubled down and stated that there's nothing wrong with it shows you that either the people are up top are in on this pedophicial shit or they just need to be fired because they are incapable of distinguishing right from wrong when netflix writers who wrote this sick shit, are not being punished but actually promoted! Total incompetence or totally aboard this scum behavior. Do you have children? 

this is my issue with it all as well

if it was just one of the millions of titles on their platform  so be it

but it was being pushed and promoted by netflix like crazy.

i've not deleted my account yet but i'm very seriously considering it.

the posting it is support for others to consider it and a way of showing you will not stand for other companies to use this type of thing as a boom for their business.  honestly the being vocal about it is the most important part.

13 days ago
9/18/13

Lol at the left on here not even trying to hide their love for kid diddling.

13 days ago
8/20/13

Netflix is for retards that don't know how to pirate

13 days ago
3/18/02
God Of Thunder - 

Right wing obsession 

the retarded left created cancel culture ffs

13 days ago
12/29/09

If Trump's long lost second cousin produced it, the left would never stop talking about it. Change my mind. 

13 days ago
8/18/13

The left loves pedophilia and it is really really weird.

13 days ago
11/20/09
baptistmo - 

I get what you're saying, but the situation and your analogy are not the same. 

Your analogy is, "I got bad service, or I had a bad experience with this specific restaurant, so I won't return to this place".  

If your analogy applied to what I'm saying, then people would say, "That movie is not something in my interest", and they wouldn't watch the movie.  

But what is happening, is "I got bad service at this one restaurant, therefor I'm never going to any restaurant at all". 

Actually, that doesn't seem like an accurate analogy either.  I'm having a bad analogy day. 

13 days ago
11/20/09
GeorgeScoresPoints - OP the type of guy to let his friends dump loads in his wife and then proceed to tell you it's perfectly normal and that he's an alpha.

Ha, as if I would be dumb enough to ever get married.  

I dodged that bullet but nice try though. 

13 days ago
11/20/09
SpunQ - 

The fuck is this even supposed to mean?

Are you implying I'm a pedo or pedo supporter or some shit?

Could I play your game?

Can I say, "If you're not going after the person who created this content and are only upset about one of many platforms that allow it to be seen, you are a pedofile supporter".

Looks like you have some explaining to do now, you sick fuck.  You fucking kiddy diddler.  Kiddy didler supporter. 

See how stupid you are?

13 days ago
11/20/09
DuffyLaCoronilla - 

People can do whatever they want. If a movie that Netflix is putting triggers them enough to make them not want to give their money to netflix that's fine. It's not "dumb AF" (using AF is dumb though).

What's dumb is the apparent need to get validation from others by loudly proclaiming that you canceled Netflix because of this movie.

It's like walking into a party and yelling "I AM NOT A PEDOPHILE!!!!!".

Seems to me that if you do that you probably shouldn't be around kids.

How many threads have you created where "As Fuck" was allowed to be in the thread title?

Go ahead, I'll wait. 

"What's dumb is the apparent need to get validation from others by loudly proclaiming that you canceled Netflix because of this movie."

^^ I agree^^

13 days ago
9/18/13
BringBackHeadbutts -
SpunQ - 

The fuck is this even supposed to mean?

Are you implying I'm a pedo or pedo supporter or some shit?

Could I play your game?

Can I say, "If you're not going after the person who created this content and are only upset about one of many platforms that allow it to be seen, you are a pedofile supporter".

Looks like you have some explaining to do now, you sick fuck.  You fucking kiddy diddler.  Kiddy didler supporter. 

See how stupid you are?

I know you are but what am I!?

13 days ago
11/20/09

Chokehisass, if you have something to say, SAY IT.  Don't play these read between the line games.  Grow a sack.

Are you actually implying I'm a leftist and/or a pedo or pedo supporter?

If so, do you not realize how laughably hypocritical that is?

Leftist see a small example of police abusing their power.  Do they actually go to their city hall and request records of police complaints?  Do they then follow up with the police chief and ask how these complaints were handled?  Or does the left just like to ignore the actual source and loot and riot and hope they get change?

I'm not suggesting people cancel Netflix, ie loot and riot.  I'm saying, GO TO THE SOURCE.   I asked an open question to everyone, I'll ask you specifically, have you googled who produced the movie before clicking on this thread?  

13 days ago
1/1/01

I feel like I went on a FBI list just for scrolling past that shit on the trending list