OtherGround Forums Can't Believe It. Looks like I Might Vote Trump.

28 days ago
4/16/13

I'm an independent who was planning on voting for Jo Jorgenson. I've never voted for a Democrat or Republican to a major office and never intended to. Hate both parties with a passion. I don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils.

That said, the apparent turnaround that Biden has taken on court stacking is changing my mind. Biden was the single Democrat in the Democratic debates who forcefully came out against court packing, saying, "We would rue the day" about it. He was compltely right and I thought it was one bit of integrity that he had.

Then, the other day when asked about if he would pack the courts, he says: "It’s a legitimate question. But let me tell you why I’m not going to answer that question: because it will shift all the focus. That’s what he wants,” Biden said. “He never wants to talk about the issue at hand. He always tries to change the subject.”

He went from being forcefully against court packing less than a year ago to now saying court packing is "legitimate" while dancing around what he would do. This is scary and shows how much Biden is willing to change his positions under pressure from wackos. This has changed the game for me.

If Biden in the upcoming debates doesn't again forcefully say he wouldn't consider packing the courts, I'm not only going to vote for Donald Trump, I'm going to vote Republican all the way down ticket. A strong message would need to be sent that that isn't acceptable. It'll hurt my soul but I will do what it takes to at least help delay what I think would be the actual end of our great country. That's no hyperbole. Like the country is completely donezo.

I feel like there are many other independents who likely see the gravity of the situation and feel the same. Any other OGers feel this way?

28 days ago
1/1/01

I'm neither dem nor repube either. I hate them both. I hate politicians with a burning white hot passion. Trump is not a politician, and he says what you're thinking but are afraid to say in public. That's why I like him and yet why so many people are offended/fuax-outraged...I think they feel insecure that he says what's inside their minds and they don't want people to know.

He disagrees a lot with the Pentagon brass and yet everytime he defies them, he turns out to be right. Every time he does this, the political Pentagon brass (and the ones tied to the military industrial complex) feel insecure that they may be getting exposed.

It's Trump all the way, every day.

28 days ago
3/25/11

Yup. I was a lefty through and through until Obama's second term. Realized I got duped.  

Protested my vote in 2016 and didn't vote for Hillary or trump. About 2 years ago I stopped believing the bullshit about trump and started looking into things for myself. Low and behold the news was fake (for the most part). 

Cut to 2020 and first the pandemic and then the riots. I watched the left completely lose their minds. Now I'm itching to vote for trump. He may not be perfect, but he's better than I expected. Add in the fact he says shit out loud about the military industrial complex, the intelligence agencies, the social media monopolies and has started no wars. 

Now I'm sold. 

Welcome aboard. 

Edited: 28 days ago
9/23/07

Welcome to the team pal.

I voted gary johnson last time, trump this time.

The left would burn the whole world down because they dont like things.

Dems used to be for a few ok things like gay marriage, and legalized pot. 

Now its all BLM, Open borders, Pack the court, reperations, higher taxes etc. 

28 days ago
6/27/05

28 days ago
2/4/06

Same shot, same reason. I can put my head down and get through 4 years. With the talk of dissolving the EC and stacking the court I now feel the dems are a fundamental threat to our Republic.

1/1/01

Biden won't even share a list of judges he'd like to appoint to higher positions.  One can only assume the list has too many radicals and would hurt his campaign.

Trumps list of judges was one of the most important reasons people were voting for him.

28 days ago
6/7/12
Moke - 

I'm neither dem nor repube either. I hate them both. I hate politicians with a burning white hot passion. Trump is not a politician, and he says what you're thinking but are afraid to say in public. That's why I like him and yet why so many people are offended/fuax-outraged...I think they feel insecure that he says what's inside their minds and they don't want people to know.

He disagrees a lot with the Pentagon brass and yet everytime he defies them, he turns out to be right. Every time he does this, the political Pentagon brass (and the ones tied to the military industrial complex) feel insecure that they may be getting exposed.

I don't know what bullshit you're thinking but he definitely doesn't sound like my inner monologue...
28 days ago
6/27/14

He's the most centrist candidate running, it's really not that hard to think about, ignore the corrupt mainstream news/social media and it's obvious how good of a president he actually is, he's not an establishment Republican and he's the only one that's going to stop the radicalized Democratic party from destroying everything.

28 days ago
5/3/01

definitely hate what i think this actually implies for the country, but i think a trump win in 2020 will be better for the long-term balance of power in the united states.

like the op, i walked away from both major parties long ago. by the time obama's administration was murdering united states citizens in extra-judicial dronings, i knew it was time to find a different path.

i fucking deteste trump, but if he gets out of office without committing a war crime, he'll be the first president in my lifetime to do it.

bring on the peace prize. MAGA!

28 days ago
3/18/02

democrats are malignant

28 days ago
9/23/07

If Trump wins and we get Congressional majority, the Republicans better goddamned well pass an Amendment to keep SCOTUS at 9.
28 days ago
4/9/10
Brockback Mountain -

Welcome to the team pal.

I voted gary johnson last time, trump this time.

The left would burn the whole world down because they dont like things.

Dems used to be for a few ok things like gay marriage, and legalized pot. 

Now its all BLM, Open borders, Pack the court, reperations, higher taxes etc. 

Well said. When people ask me about my political beliefs I usually explain it that I’m like a dem from the 90’s before the party went insane. 

28 days ago
2/4/06

But but but..  Crazy Larry told me independents were backing Biden because the polls said!

28 days ago
10/11/05

"The question is legitimate" does not mean "The concept is legitimate". Kinda think you're overreacting to a lifelong politician politicking. Will still be voting libertarian here.

28 days ago
1/1/01
walkinassassin - 
Moke - 

I don't know what bullshit you're thinking but he definitely doesn't sound like my inner monologue...

Things like, "Many criminals are walking across the border" or "Do we really know what RBG said on her deathbed? I'm skeptical"...

Things like that he says all the time and are facts or legitimate concerns, yet people don't want to admit it in polite society.

Hell, he's still in hot water for saying there were fine people on both sides in Charlottesville (meaning both pro and anti-statue), yet the media is STILL lying and said he called Nazis fine people.

This is why Trump is the man, and the media are evil pieces of shit who should all fucking die.

28 days ago
1/1/01
White347LX - 

Biden won't even share a list of judges he'd like to appoint to higher positions.  One can only assume the list has too many radicals and would hurt his campaign.

Trumps list of judges was one of the most important reasons people were voting for him.

To be fair, he probably either misplaced (or hasn't yet received) the list the DNC gave him of who he's allowed to pick.

28 days ago
8/12/09

There is not a single rational argument to be made that can explain how biden would be better for the country than Trump.  Not one.  

Even if you hate Trump, you have to vote for jim in order to keep biden from winning. 

28 days ago
4/11/14

Unfortunately Jo Jorgensen and Spike Cohen are “Woke”...not quality Libertarian candidates so you aren’t missing much by not voting for them. 

28 days ago
4/9/16

No new wars, booming economy, focus on strengthening domestic business. Shit that matters. 

All the other stuff is just clutter and voters realize that.  That's why I truly think it's going to be a landslide.  

4/6/12
DSoV -

He's the most centrist candidate running, it's really not that hard to think about, ignore the corrupt mainstream news/social media and it's obvious how good of a president he actually is, he's not an establishment Republican and he's the only one that's going to stop the radicalized Democratic party from destroying everything.

edit: im a potato

28 days ago
7/15/04

Glad to hear. We need every vote we can get before the Dems attempt to destroy the Republic and send us down a path straight to hell.

28 days ago
5/23/07
Peixes - 

definitely hate what i think this actually implies for the country, but i think a trump win in 2020 will be better for the long-term balance of power in the united states.

like the op, i walked away from both major parties long ago. by the time obama's administration was murdering united states citizens in extra-judicial dronings, i knew it was time to find a different path.

i fucking deteste trump, but if he gets out of office without committing a war crime, he'll be the first president in my lifetime to do it.

bring on the peace prize. MAGA!

good for you sir and the others not being blinded by the bullshit coming from the media etc.

I was a liberal until 2014ish (I'm Canadian) seeing how the group I used to align with move so blatantly far left is disgusting. 

28 days ago
8/1/13

28 days ago
5/30/05

RGB said on NPR in 2019 to not pack the court. That 9 was the right number. Now we are supposed to respect he dying words but ignore the ones she said while alive?