OtherGround Forums Can't believe Rogan sold out

9/20/20 2:33 PM
7/27/13

"I fucked up on the podcast with Douglas Murray and said that people got arrested lighting fires in Portland. That turns out to not be true. I was very irresponsible not looking into it before I repeated it. I read one story about a guy getting arrested for lighting fires......turned out to be true, but the other shit I read about people getting arrested for lighting fires in Portland was not true. I repeated it without looking into it and it was a really fucking stupid mistake that won’t happen again. I’m sorry."

There's been dozens of news stories of arson's lighting fires in Oregon, & Washington state, and being arrested for it. Someone obviously told him to delete it and apologize for it.

Also, Spotify removed numerous podcasts from Joe Rogan's collection. These included Alex Jones, Eddie Bravo, Gavin McKinnes, Milo Yiannopolous and the like. 

I've listened to Joe Rogan since 2010. He was always the LAST "celebrity" I would have ever thought would sell out. He was always adamantly against censorship, against big corporations controlling content. I guess everyone in this world has a price...

9/20/20 2:34 PM
9/29/13

Spotify employee’s are crying into their lattes over Rogan.  

9/20/20 2:39 PM
1/1/01

It would be funny if they bought Joe out of his contract. lol 

9/20/20 2:44 PM
11/21/05
DaveFu -

Let this happen please. I thought he was leaving YouTube because of their restrictions but obviously no one has ever offered me 100 mil before  

if he gets bought out he should go to BitChute. 

9/20/20 2:44 PM
1/12/07

His opinion is worth $100m.

9/20/20 2:46 PM
1/1/01
It's weird seeing Joe bend the knee.
9/20/20 2:47 PM
1/1/01
dhughes - 
DaveFu -

Let this happen please. I thought he was leaving YouTube because of their restrictions but obviously no one has ever offered me 100 mil before  

I don't how monetized Joe was on Youtube, but bitchute isn't doing any adsharing yet. 

9/20/20 2:51 PM
11/10/18

He completely changed the podcast 3-4 years ago. Taking the money and going to Spotify was just the next logical step. It’s been pathetic to watch it play out. Used to be my favorite podcast by far and now I have zero respect for him and zero desire to listen. 

9/20/20 2:53 PM
3/21/12
He's over 50 years old and has pushed things as far as he can. What was interesting about Rogan was you could see him learning and changing in real time when the podcast first started. The show has been pretty stale for a long time.
9/20/20 2:54 PM
5/18/11

Lol at thinking Rogan was this upstanding pillar of righteousness.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

9/20/20 2:56 PM
1/1/01

If you count his gf, he's got 5 kids to feed! Cut Joe some slack! 

9/20/20 2:58 PM
6/28/09

Doesn't surprise me at all.  

9/20/20 2:59 PM
3/19/04

In fairness to Joe he's got what, a wife and 3 kids? $100 million is a huge amount of money for him and his family. His priority is his family, not "never bending his knee".

9/20/20 3:00 PM
9/27/15
tenchu - It's weird seeing Joe bend the knee.

Especially this soon.nwhats he been on Spotify for a month?
9/20/20 3:03 PM
12/8/12
dhughes -
DaveFu -

Are YouTube and spotify both owned by Google?

9/20/20 3:16 PM
9/13/12

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a sellout."

Bless your heart OP.

9/20/20 3:21 PM
9/18/13
GarlicSauce -

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a sellout."

Bless your heart OP.

"Anyone who purposefully lies to cover up facts to support the agenda of their corporate overlords is a sellout."

Fixed that for you faggot.

9/20/20 3:23 PM
12/29/06

Spotifies stock went up $4.5B after announcing acquiring JRE. He's worth about $4B to them, and they got him for $100-200M over 4 years. They cheaped out and kind of ripped him off, IMO.

But he's going to be able to go to Austin suburbs and live the dream and may also still keep some content on YT, and he owns his content. So what can Joe do with more than $100M a year income? He could buy his own plane. He could buy land to hunt on in Montana. But he can get a pretty decent house for $25 M and pay no Texas state taxes (IOW save $20 million over California State tax)

He should have held out for twice that amount - he'd have gotten it. Maybe he could have done a partial stock options deal to get some of the bump he made for Spotify. Sure Spotify got part of that bump by adding video content but I think a lot of it was Joe.

Now if someone will convince him to change the lighting in his bunker it will be ok.

9/20/20 3:45 PM
8/7/02

He should have stayed on YouTube while having his own video platform developed and then gone independent. He had/has the audience and influence to make it successful starting from scratch, he wouldnt have even had to spend much on development, with his name he could bootstrap it and get a team of awesome software people to build it for a share of equity. He would easily attract dozens of other big names from YouTube and elsewhere right from the start and it would grow into a pretty big media platform. In the long run he would have made more money and he could have provided a safe haven for free speech.

9/20/20 3:49 PM
3/16/11
tenchu - It's weird seeing Joe bend the knee.

100 million isn’t “bending the knee”. 

9/20/20 3:50 PM
9/1/04
dhughes - 
DaveFu -

That was probably what they told him. They probably even believed it, but they made the mistake of hiring a staff that was too Woke to do business. They've had 10 different meetings with their employers complaining about Rogan's wrongthink.

9/20/20 3:56 PM
6/7/16

“Hey guys, something I said on the air was incorrect. That’s my bad.” 

That’s right Joe, conform! 

9/20/20 4:02 PM
3/16/11
GladiatorGannon -
dhughes - 
DaveFu -

That was probably what they told him. They probably even believed it, but they made the mistake of hiring a staff that was too Woke to do business. They've had 10 different meetings with their employers complaining about Rogan's wrongthink.

And this is the world we live in now. Two opposing purity cults simultaneously making diametrically opposed truth claims about his character. One side claiming that he’s sold out and is now a spineless left-wing schill and at the same time, the other claims that he is a right-wing extremist Nazi. We live in retard land. 

9/20/20 4:08 PM
7/21/18

His opinions have definitely changed over the last couple of years but he did really well holding out for so long, many celebs changed within a click of the fingers. Don’t listen to many of his podcasts now, only the ones where I’m a fan of his guests. I listened to most of them prior to him being influenced by the powers that be 

9/20/20 4:18 PM
3/16/11
Taylor27 -

His opinions have definitely changed over the last couple of years but he did really well holding out for so long, many celebs changed within a click of the fingers. Don’t listen to many of his podcasts now, only the ones where I’m a fan of his guests. I listened to most of them prior to him being influenced by the powers that be 

Do you have any examples of him changing his opinions? He is wishy-washy on who he supports (Ron Paul >Gary Johnson >Bernie?) but I don’t think it’s because his views changed. I think he’s an old school liberal just like he’s always been and that makes him public enemy #1 to the left because he’s not progressive enough and to the right because he’s not conservative enough.