OtherGround Forums Can't believe Rogan sold out

9/20/20 4:19 PM
9/23/07

I bet OP would sell his asshole for 50k

9/20/20 4:26 PM
1/1/01
EricM - 

He should have stayed on YouTube while having his own video platform developed and then gone independent. He had/has the audience and influence to make it successful starting from scratch, he wouldnt have even had to spend much on development, with his name he could bootstrap it and get a team of awesome software people to build it for a share of equity. He would easily attract dozens of other big names from YouTube and elsewhere right from the start and it would grow into a pretty big media platform. In the long run he would have made more money and he could have provided a safe haven for free speech.

That would seem to be the next step and ultimate victory for someone prioritizing integrity and truth. Build up all your juice under the parameters of someone else's platform, then when you have the following/clout/revenue, do it yourself 100%.

I never saw Joe as that guy though. I don't mind him, but he's not highly talented in anything other than being an entertaining conversationalist. Decent comedian, decent comedic actor, but those things and selling alphabrain pills only pay so much. He's gonna do what it takes to get as rich as possible.

Very few people are THAT talented and valuable that they don't have to be the bitch to the paycheck once in a while. Only way to avoid that is to not care about money as much.
9/20/20 4:30 PM
7/21/18
Pilgor the goat -
Taylor27 -

His opinions have definitely changed over the last couple of years but he did really well holding out for so long, many celebs changed within a click of the fingers. Don’t listen to many of his podcasts now, only the ones where I’m a fan of his guests. I listened to most of them prior to him being influenced by the powers that be 

Do you have any examples of him changing his opinions? He is wishy-washy on who he supports (Ron Paul >Gary Johnson >Bernie?) but I don’t think it’s because his views changed. I think he’s an old school liberal just like he’s always been and that makes him public enemy #1 to the left because he’s not progressive enough and to the right because he’s not conservative enough. 

He just seems to agree with everything his guests say these days instead of arguing/debating his side of things. Like I say, I don’t listen to much anymore so maybe I missed these situations but the podcasts really do seem like there’re there for guests to put their opinion out and he agrees. 

9/20/20 4:33 PM
7/21/18
Taylor27 -
Pilgor the goat -
Taylor27 -

His opinions have definitely changed over the last couple of years but he did really well holding out for so long, many celebs changed within a click of the fingers. Don’t listen to many of his podcasts now, only the ones where I’m a fan of his guests. I listened to most of them prior to him being influenced by the powers that be 

Do you have any examples of him changing his opinions? He is wishy-washy on who he supports (Ron Paul >Gary Johnson >Bernie?) but I don’t think it’s because his views changed. I think he’s an old school liberal just like he’s always been and that makes him public enemy #1 to the left because he’s not progressive enough and to the right because he’s not conservative enough. 

He just seems to agree with everything his guests say these days instead of arguing/debating his side of things. Like I say, I don’t listen to much anymore so maybe I missed these situations but the podcasts really do seem like there’re there for guests to put their opinion out and he agrees. 

I also think his commentary s t y l e had changed also. He hesitates to critique fighters these days. Maybe because a few fighters have called him out on it which is understandable 

9/20/20 4:36 PM
1/1/01

I would imagine Rogan has an airtight contract that protects him from being controlled too much.  But it looks like he is willing to bend a little. At least so far. 

That being said, Rogan is not nor has he ever claimed to be an important cornerstone for delivering truth and knowledge to the masses. At the end of the day he's just a comedian that's getting insane money to sit around and talk shit with his friends and interview new and interesting people. 

9/20/20 4:38 PM
4/17/15
Brockback Mountain -

I bet OP would sell his asshole for 50k

$50 more like it 

9/20/20 4:40 PM
7/21/18
Soup and Beer -

I would imagine Rogan has an airtight contract that protects him from being controlled too much.  But it looks like he is willing to bend a little. At least so far. 

That being said, Rogan is not nor has he ever claimed to be an important cornerstone for delivering truth and knowledge to the masses. At the end of the day he's just a comedian that's getting insane money to sit around and talk shit with his friends and interview new and interesting people. 

This is true. He regularly says he’s not the go to opinion for subjects he has little knowledge about such politics and science. His podcasts have changed recently though 

9/20/20 4:53 PM
5/22/05

For some reason trumptards  take several leaps of logic from "some of the fires are arson" to "antifa is starting wildfires".

9/20/20 5:39 PM
10/11/05

Copied from onikage's identical thread yesterday:

This is what Rogan claimed on the show in question, in reference to Portland: "There is a madness going on there. You want to talk about madness of crowds. That exemplifies that right now. They have arrested people for lighting forest fires up there. They have arrested left-wing people for lighting these forest fires. You know, air quote, activist, and this is also something that is not widely being reported."

He was not arguing that arsonists exist, which we both agree on. He was not arguing that arsonists do get & have been arrested, which we both agree on. He was not arguing that Portland protesters have started dumpster fires etc. in town, none of which have anything to do with forest fires, which we both presumably agree on. He was not arguing that an apolitical mentally ill fella was caught & arrested in Portland for starting fires on the side of the highway multiple times, all of which were put out & have nothing to do with forest fires, which we both presumably agree on.

He was specifically feeding the narrative that leftist political protesters started the forest fires that are plaguing the West coast for political reasons, which we know to be false. Even the people doing the arresting are saying as much.

& in the end, some asshole lefty is probably gonna fucking do it, because they're self-radicalizing around the same troll farm bullshit Rogan did here, & you're doing, too. You're better than this. Be better.

9/20/20 6:24 PM
8/14/12

Who would turn down $100 million ? 

Edited: 9/20/20 6:36 PM
12/8/12
edward nigma -

Seriously....everyone has a price and apparently Joes was $100 million...i don't blame him....just don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining...as in nothing will change how he does his podcast.

9/20/20 6:43 PM
1/13/11
Eskimo -

He completely changed the podcast 3-4 years ago. Taking the money and going to Spotify was just the next logical step. It’s been pathetic to watch it play out. Used to be my favorite podcast by far and now I have zero respect for him and zero desire to listen. 

Sad to say, but this is exactly what happened with me as well. I just couldn’t do it anymore.  I listened to hundreds of his podcasts and then it just changed, it wasn’t enjoyable to me anymore. 

9/20/20 7:00 PM
11/16/08
SpunQ -

His opinion is worth $100m.

He is now paid to have a new "opinion".

9/20/20 7:05 PM
3/6/14
Smilin like Rashad -
dhughes -
DaveFu -

It would be funny if they bought Joe out of his contract. lol 

Let this happen please. I thought he was leaving YouTube because of their restrictions but obviously no one has ever offered me 100 mil before  

if he gets bought out he should go to BitChute. 

Are YouTube and spotify both owned by Google?

worse. I believe Microsoft own Spotify. rogan will be pushing vaccines and rona like mad

9/20/20 7:14 PM
11/9/05
ironbelly -
Smilin like Rashad -
dhughes -
DaveFu -

It would be funny if they bought Joe out of his contract. lol 

Let this happen please. I thought he was leaving YouTube because of their restrictions but obviously no one has ever offered me 100 mil before  

if he gets bought out he should go to BitChute. 

Are YouTube and spotify both owned by Google?

worse. I believe Microsoft own Spotify. rogan will be pushing vaccines and rona like mad

Neither own Spotify. 

Its publicly traded company owned primarily by its two founders and multiple holding groups.

9/20/20 7:48 PM
9/23/07
Smilin like Rashad - 
edward nigma -

Seriously....everyone has a price and apparently Joes was $100 million...i don't blame him....just don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining...as in nothing will change how he does his podcast.

They pay him 100 million TO piss on your leg and tell you its raining. Thats the whole point.

9/20/20 8:31 PM
12/11/14

Does anyone have the links supporting the claim about the lefties creating the fire? A quick Google search basically called it all fake. 

9/20/20 8:36 PM
10/11/05

^As does the FBI.

Prediction: "Fake news!"

9/20/20 8:51 PM
8/7/02
Carlas_Singlet -

Does anyone have the links supporting the claim about the lefties creating the fire? A quick Google search basically called it all fake. 

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-police-arrest-puyallup-man-starting-large-wildfire/0e6678d4-c062-4e5e-91cb-64bbdf692829/

9/20/20 8:52 PM
1/1/01

Evryone has a price. So does OP. Prob much less than what Rogan got. Still, sucks for the viewer.

9/20/20 8:55 PM
5/22/17

Joes a puppet. U can’t have the #1 podcast in the world and not have somebody pulling your strings. 

9/20/20 8:59 PM
5/22/05
SandBlaster -

Joes a puppet. U can’t have the #1 podcast in the world and not have somebody pulling your strings. 

The illuminati? The jews?

9/20/20 9:51 PM
7/27/13
Canooke -

In fairness to Joe he's got what, a wife and 3 kids? $100 million is a huge amount of money for him and his family. His priority is his family, not "never bending his knee".

Yes because the $5-10 million per year he was getting before couldn't be enough to raise 3 kids. How on earth could they survive that? Better to sell his morals and brand for a cool $100 million

9/20/20 9:57 PM
8/20/15

9/20/20 9:58 PM
7/27/13
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-police-arrest-puyallup-man-starting-large-wildfire/0e6678d4-c062-4e5e-91cb-64bbdf692829/

He needs a leftist google algorithm or it doesn't count