OtherGround Forums Can't believe Rogan sold out

9/20/20 9:59 PM
6/30/07
banco -
SandBlaster -

Joes a puppet. U can’t have the #1 podcast in the world and not have somebody pulling your strings. 

The illuminati? The jews?

Mongolians

9/20/20 10:03 PM
2/28/13

Who cares. Dude got paid 100-200 million. He can do whatever the hell he wants 

9/20/20 10:13 PM
9/23/07
Carlas_Singlet - 

Does anyone have the links supporting the claim about the lefties creating the fire? A quick Google search basically called it all fake. 

There were definitely antifa looking guys lighting fires.

I think the gap is if any of those fires made it into a "big wildfire" type thing.

Also its not super clear if they were really "antifa" or just looked liked it.

But there were at least 2 guys who looked sketch and were arrested for lighting fires.

9/20/20 10:23 PM
12/11/14
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -

Does anyone have the links supporting the claim about the lefties creating the fire? A quick Google search basically called it all fake. 

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-police-arrest-puyallup-man-starting-large-wildfire/0e6678d4-c062-4e5e-91cb-64bbdf692829/

Is there info on if/confirming he's a leftie? 

9/20/20 10:25 PM
12/11/14
Brockback Mountain -
Carlas_Singlet - 

I think the gap is if any of those fires made it into a "big wildfire" type thing.

But there were at least 2 guys who looked sketch and were arrested for lighting fires.

This. I haven't found anything confirming it was anyone with a political agenda or the side. Either way, fuck anyone who's destroying what nature we have left on the west coast 

9/20/20 10:25 PM
3/23/06
Eskimo -

He completely changed the podcast 3-4 years ago. Taking the money and going to Spotify was just the next logical step. It’s been pathetic to watch it play out. Used to be my favorite podcast by far and now I have zero respect for him and zero desire to listen. 

Exactly.  I stopped listening in 2014ish. I only catch his MMA shows or hos rare good guests.  I have Joes first 100 podcasts saved and they are so much better.  Joe used to want to talk about anything and everything but now he’s afraid of backlash from media.  It ruined what was once great. 

9/20/20 10:30 PM
5/22/05
Brockback Mountain - 
Carlas_Singlet - 

If some fat, middle aged white guy gets arrested for starting fires should we conclude that they are a trumptard starting fires to pwn the libs? That would be as dumb as thinking all hippy looking people are antifa.
9/20/20 10:30 PM
4/21/09
knockoutfighter -
Eskimo -

He completely changed the podcast 3-4 years ago. Taking the money and going to Spotify was just the next logical step. It’s been pathetic to watch it play out. Used to be my favorite podcast by far and now I have zero respect for him and zero desire to listen. 

Exactly.  I stopped listening in 2014ish. I only catch his MMA shows or hos rare good guests.  I have Joes first 100 podcasts saved and they are so much better.  Joe used to want to talk about anything and everything but now he’s afraid of backlash from media.  It ruined what was once great. 

Unfortunately, unless he starts hosting his podcast on his own server this is what you'll get. Every media outlet available to him will try to censor him. 

He would lose some listeners probably but his fan base is big enough he could charge 4.99 a month I think and he just fine.

I hope spotify tries to get rid of him, pays him a huge settlement and he uses that money to set up his own website with quality servers for video and audio. 

If there's anyone in the podcast works who could get away with it and still make a shit ton of money it's Joe rogan.

9/20/20 10:40 PM
2/2/15

Thank god be apologized, you wouldn't want to besmirch the good reputation of violence prone radical leftists.

9/20/20 10:43 PM
8/29/08

Where the proof of arrest show it to joe make him take back his phoney apologies.

9/20/20 10:46 PM
5/22/05
Transporter - 

Where the proof of arrest show it to joe make him take back his phoney apologies.

There isn't one.
9/20/20 10:47 PM
8/7/02
Carlas_Singlet -
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/video-police-arrest-puyallup-man-starting-large-wildfire/0e6678d4-c062-4e5e-91cb-64bbdf692829/

Did you not watch?  Half the video is about how he's been a known regular "activist" at seattle blm defund the police "protests" for years and was previously arrested at one such "protest" after trying to light a car on fire, and being found with with a knife, gun and box full of illegal fireworks.

9/20/20 10:57 PM
1/1/01
Mountain Medic -
banco -
SandBlaster -

Joes a puppet. U can’t have the #1 podcast in the world and not have somebody pulling your strings. 

Mongolians

Lizard people

9/21/20 12:02 AM
8/28/10
fatfrenchfry -
Mountain Medic -
banco -
SandBlaster -

Mongolians

Lizard people

Lord of the flat Earth

9/21/20 12:09 AM
1/14/07
DaveFu -

If you count his gf, he's got 5 kids to feed! Cut Joe some slack! 

Suuuuurrreeee he's got 5 kids to feed. I bet he's a mutant who drives a taxi on Mars too? 

9/21/20 12:11 AM
12/26/19

It's very easy to believe actually.

9/21/20 12:15 AM
9/15/13
a hooker with a penis
9/21/20 12:23 AM
11/21/02

Should have told them no.  They won’t fire him and risk dropping stock price if he said no.  Guys who can fire him have comp based on stock price.  Making a few 25 year old liberals cry is going to happen.

9/21/20 1:02 AM
12/11/14
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -

Did you not watch?  Half the video is about how he's been a known regular "activist" at seattle blm defund the police "protests" for years and was previously arrested at one such "protest" after trying to light a car on fire, and being found with with a knife, gun and box full of illegal fireworks.

The link is dead on my end. So I Googled and it just has the basic discription, 36yd old male Yada Yada Yada 

9/21/20 1:13 AM
8/7/02
Carlas_Singlet -
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -
EricM -
Carlas_Singlet -

The link is dead on my end. So I Googled and it just has the basic discription, 36yd old male Yada Yada Yada 

Oh. His name is Jeffrey Acord, maybe that will help in finding more details to confirm what I posted/what the news story showed. I think his first arrest at a protest/riot was in either 2014 or 2016, cant remember 

9/21/20 1:16 AM
4/6/19

I would never sell out for $100 million!

ride or die bro's 

9/21/20 3:26 AM
3/23/06
Bam57Bam -
knockoutfighter -
Eskimo -

Unfortunately, unless he starts hosting his podcast on his own server this is what you'll get. Every media outlet available to him will try to censor him. 

He would lose some listeners probably but his fan base is big enough he could charge 4.99 a month I think and he just fine.

I hope spotify tries to get rid of him, pays him a huge settlement and he uses that money to set up his own website with quality servers for video and audio. 

If there's anyone in the podcast works who could get away with it and still make a shit ton of money it's Joe rogan.

I think Joe would rather take the $100 million and “sell out” at this point in his career.  He’s worked his ass off and his original podcasts were golden, but I think he’s had his fun and wants money, which is his choice.   He’s basically talked about everything at one point or another back in the day...  Now it’s all about having a guest and making it like a Howard Stern type real show.  Joes original podcast was the best because they just ramble for hours.  now people realize that any word you say can come back and haunt you in the future, and they are afraid to open up.  The best podcasts were just the raw thoughts and rambling, imo 

9/21/20 8:01 AM
3/14/02

Methinks that Rogan has gotten a little bit lazy on his podcasts. Half the time he is looking to his producer for confirmation of his talking points. At other times, he's flat out wrong about current issues. Also, he's a bit of a panderer to whoever is sitting in front of him, rarely challenging or calling his guest out, unlike rio old days.

Ok, I'm a vegan: Beep!

Example: Rogan recently said to Mike Tyson (who, by the way, is also vegan 90+% - basically ignored Rogan and seemed to be lightyears more enlightened about their topics) - that shooting a bullet into the forehead of a Bison is cool, because a predator will kill it more viscously. This rancorous statement is straight up stupid rationale for unnecessary hunting.

Most Bison live in protected parks and reserves. The remaining Bison are killed less than 1% by predators. Have you seen a Bison before? Those Mofo's are beasts with 2 big sharp diabolical horns. A pack of wolves might try to take down an adult at great risk. Bears, rarely, since they are not carnivores. Unlikely for a Bison to meet up with the carnivorous Polar Bear.

I listen carefully to what people say, and I research it if I'm in doubt. Rogan, although heralded as a very smart person, is not as smart as people think. I'd say he has above average intellect. He has compiled an excellent base of knowledge through his interactions with truly significant people.

Like others have stated here, I will watch when his guest is of particular interest, otherwise, I don't waste my time.

9/21/20 9:38 AM
1/13/14
Brockback Mountain -

I bet OP would sell his asshole for 50k

I Know I would.

9/21/20 9:48 AM
1/1/01
TexasBadAss -

Should have told them no.  They won’t fire him and risk dropping stock price if he said no.  Guys who can fire him have comp based on stock price.  Making a few 25 year old liberals cry is going to happen.

This is what amazes me. The company is making their golden goose grovel and beg for forgiveness to appease a few minimum wage mouth breather SJW employees. The second they opened their mouths they should have been fired.