OtherGround Forums Caught an employee stealing from the register

12/13/19 4:24 PM
11/18/15
Mountain Medic -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
Mountain Medic -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
Sogsteel -

You must not be in a democrat state. The cops wont even show up for a $50 theft.

Mom worked for the police for 35 years, I know some guys.  Besides, it isn't theft it is embezzelment and that is more serious than petty theft.  Basically, I am not in an at will state and I have to show cause for termination.  An arrest is perfect corroboration for my claim and fuck that bitch.  I did a lot to help her out.  Let her live with my wife and I while she went through a brutal break up, tried to get her set up to move out on her own.  This is as much of an intervention as it is retribution.

She lives with you?

yup, and we have had about 500 dollars go missing from the house but we have a teenage daughter so we didnt have proof until today

Have fun evicting her, next 30 days should be fun.

hasn't been with us long enough to establish legal tenancy thank god

12/13/19 4:25 PM
11/18/15
Fister -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
Fister -

One of my guys stole from me. Small business but during summer season I have 3 full-time and 2 part time. 

My best worker I trusted and gave him the company credit card because him and 2 others where always off working in different areas while I worked by myself on more complex jobs. 

The son of a bitch was using my credit card for dumb shit. I didn't mind food or buying the guys lunch but when it got to personal items I was pissed. The credit card lead to research into shops around town that I have accounts with. One was a power equipment/atv shop that he was getting parts to rebuild his crotch rocket with.

Could I of called the cops sure but it was my own fault for trusting him with something that could hurt my own pocket. I learned from it adjusted my process. Now they only get cards that are good for what they need like a gas card and any purchases at shops have to go through me. 

In OPs defense I was so mad and offended I wanted to beat the guys ass and throw him in jail. It hits a personal nerve especially when you're generous and go above and beyond for people. 

All you can do is cut ties and learn. I didn't press charges but I also live in a right to work state

I went through those hoops of establishing process to requisition cash out of the register for personal use.  she wilfully disregarded those policies.

if you told the guy no more personal spending on the company card and he did it again what would you do?

Im on your side here. I'd fire him. The whole point of my rant is that people don't see it from the owners view. It's personal as hell when done wrong after doing right for them the best you can.

Where I'm from I can fire someone for a visible booger if I want. I get where you're coming from

I got that from your reply, I was just elaborating on the extreme amount of leeway I've given her before it got to this point

12/13/19 4:26 PM
1/1/01

In for pics in cuffs...

12/13/19 4:29 PM
6/5/12

5-0 showed up yet OP? You think they'll show why she's still on the clock?

12/13/19 4:30 PM
11/18/15
BathSaltFaceFeeder -

not yet, low priority.  they'll be here before she leaves tonight

12/13/19 4:44 PM
6/30/07
Cuckoldberry Finn -
Mountain Medic -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
Mountain Medic -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
Sogsteel -

You must not be in a democrat state. The cops wont even show up for a $50 theft.

Mom worked for the police for 35 years, I know some guys.  Besides, it isn't theft it is embezzelment and that is more serious than petty theft.  Basically, I am not in an at will state and I have to show cause for termination.  An arrest is perfect corroboration for my claim and fuck that bitch.  I did a lot to help her out.  Let her live with my wife and I while she went through a brutal break up, tried to get her set up to move out on her own.  This is as much of an intervention as it is retribution.

She lives with you?

yup, and we have had about 500 dollars go missing from the house but we have a teenage daughter so we didnt have proof until today

Have fun evicting her, next 30 days should be fun.

hasn't been with us long enough to establish legal tenancy thank god

Id have your wife go home now and box all that broads shit up and put it on the curb.

12/13/19 4:46 PM
1/1/01

trobinson21,

"Yeah the amount is big, I would have asked her to pay the $50 back or have the police called when I fired her."

By allowing her to pay back the $50.00, you've set a precedent for this being allowable for other employees. So, now, OP would have to maintain this precedent for each employee or he could be accused of misconduct if/when it happened again.

I could be reading your quote wrong, but are you suggesting that she could have paid the $50.00 back and kept her job? Or if she didn't pay the $50.00 back, you'd fire her and then call the police?

I think another plausible solution would have been to call her in and have her look at the video. This way, you can get her talking and see what she had to say. There could be an amicable solution of her immediate resignation after some discussion.

The issue about allowing employees to take money out of the register in previous circumstances could be a bit troublesome even if she had signed and acknowledged a policy change. Having her watch the video and give a detailed explanation of her actions could have been beneficial because you could also have the option of firing her for a policy violation instead of accusing her of theft.

She could use the excuse that she did take it, but needed to do so for (insert whatever ridiculous reason) and planned on returning the money.

12/13/19 4:48 PM
10/17/06
Cuckoldberry Finn -
BathSaltFaceFeeder -

So you brought her into your home for one reason only, to fuck her or for for your wife to fuck her.

12/13/19 4:53 PM
1/1/01

I can't tell on threads like these is trobinson21 is reatrded or trolling.

I'm going to say it's probably both

Edited: 12/13/19 4:55 PM
11/21/05

Wouldn't have thought there are so many pro-theft OGers other than the resident leftists.

12/13/19 4:57 PM
6/30/03
PatK -

I can't tell on threads like these is trobinson21 is reatrded or trolling.

I'm going to say it's probably both

If he's trolling, though, it's not even remotely funny. He just acts like a complete douche bag, buzz kill

12/13/19 5:00 PM
11/18/15
Andersons'sPiece -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
BathSaltFaceFeeder -

So you brought her into your home for one reason only, to fuck her or for for your wife to fuck her.

I brought her into my house because i have the means and ability to help people in my circle.  if i wanted to fuck her i would just tell her to drop trou.  

12/13/19 5:18 PM
4/22/13

No popo after two houra of calling? This seems fishy

12/13/19 5:19 PM
11/18/15
Gñe -

No popo after two houra of calling? This seems fishy

They're dealing with serious shit.  I am sure $50.00 isn't a high priority crime given the environment they operate within.  They will be here at their convenience and I am fine with that.

12/13/19 5:20 PM
1/1/01

This shit is taking forever. 

in the meantime post a google images photo of someone who resembles her.

12/13/19 5:24 PM
1/1/01

You moved her into your house? 

WHY? 

I can't think of one even decent reason. Even trying to bang her is a HORRIBLE reason. 

12/13/19 5:24 PM
4/21/10

In, and I'm glad you called the cops. I fucking hate theives.

12/13/19 5:28 PM
11/18/15
DaveFu -

WHY? 

I can't think of one even decent reason. Even trying to bang her is a HORRIBLE reason. 

Oh it is bad on many levels.  She is my wifes childhood friend. The business she worked at closed down (probably due to losing $50 a day for months) and her boyfriend kicked her to the curb and we got the sob story.  I am a softy and decided it would be acceptable to help her get back on her feet. So we gave her a place to stay and a job with a decent salary so she could break free of her issues.

Lack of judgement on my part for sure but it won't stop me from helping others in the future.

12/13/19 5:37 PM
9/19/12
trobinson21 -
Cuckoldberry Finn -
trobinson21 -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

Seems a bit much over $50

What more is an arrest going to do for your case in regards to dismissal when you already have it on camera?

He has to set the tone bro, he is a manager, at least 7 people report to him and if he doesn't call law enforcement those other 7 will walk all over him. Lol

Seven?  I have sixty people working for me spread out over our network.

Lol this is so unintentionally funny. 

Anyone ever see that SNL skit where Christina Applegate was the daughter and Farley was the son and Will Ferrell played their dad.

"I am a regional manager, at least 60 people report to me, I will be respected!!!"

YES lol

12/13/19 5:38 PM
1/1/01
Cuckoldberry Finn - 
DaveFu -

WHY? 

Oh it is bad on many levels.  She is my wifes childhood friend. The business she worked at closed down (probably due to losing $50 a day for months) and her boyfriend kicked her to the curb and we got the sob story.  I am a softy and decided it would be acceptable to help her get back on her feet. So we gave her a place to stay and a job with a decent salary so she could break free of her issues.

Lack of judgement on my part for sure but it won't stop me from helping others in the future.

When a continous pattern of shitty things happen to the same person.....

Help people.....help people to your shit.

You're a terrible judge of character. Shitty people love marks like you. This will get worse before it gets better. 

12/13/19 5:48 PM
5/11/05
LukeJitsu -

Crazy that you guys think it's wrong for him to involve police 

Really doubt those who are have been in a management position or own a business

Yeah $50 is a bit low to smash someone's hands with a hammer, best to let the custodians sweep up the mess.

12/13/19 5:57 PM
9/18/13

Not only should you have her arrested, but you should burn everything she owns in your house. Then I'd drag her name through the mud, message all her family and friends and act concerned, telling them how she has been contacting little kids on social media to get them to come over after their parents go to bed. Then you should bail her out of jail and tell her you'll forgive her if she gives you the best bj you've ever had. When she fails to live up to your standards then you kick her in the face and tell her to dissapear or else.

$50 is no fucking joke. Might as well have been $500,000.

12/13/19 6:35 PM
8/20/03
GoDieInACarWreck - 

Cut off her dominate hand. 

Interesting...

12/13/19 7:15 PM
1/1/01
trobinson21 -
In Limbo -
trobinson21 -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

Seems a bit much over $50

What more is an arrest going to do for your case in regards to dismissal when you already have it on camera?

He has to set the tone bro, he is a manager, at least 7 people report to him and if he doesn't call law enforcement those other 7 will walk all over him. Lol

why do you constnatly put down other people's jobs all the time?

youre the OG hall monitor/stalker that goes into every thread telling people to "stop caring about what other people do", yet you are guilty of doing that everytime you tell others not to care and "move on"

I didn't put down anyone's job. I do think it's hilarious we have these broken OGrs who think it's entertaining to fuck with peoples lives, like knowing you are going to fire someone but using them for the needs of the business before doing so or calling the police over a $50 thief or "managers" who yearn for respect, but run to the internet to tell all their e-friends about some lady they are going to fire not realizing they are breaking company policies themselves whether it's anonymous or not.

I've been 20 and had shitty jobs working for shitty managers who have never experienced any power or respect in any aspect of life and most have zero idea of how "respect" works.

They confuse fear with respect.

OPs employees won't respect this bitch shit, they will say "man that bitch didn't have to do that girl like that".

Easy prbond prob won't even get charged or eventually it will get entirely dismissed unless she's a repeat offender. she is however due a life lesson and op delivered. This queues Matt Serra.

12/13/19 7:21 PM
1/1/01

She took OP for almost 1K but this may be the first offense she's been caught for.