OtherGround Forums Chappelle to Support Yang

11 days ago
10/8/08
nobody is going to vote for an oriental and i'm not racist, i'm .000001 oriental
11 days ago
1/1/01
MarcusAurelioFan - 
Soup and Beer -
banco - Yang seems to be the best human being out of those running for President.

He could run as an independant and really shake things up.  Tulsi can't though because she's already sworn several times that she would not do that.  She's boxed herself in.

So? Donald said he'd endorse whoever was the Republican nominee and then walked back.

And what exactly does Trump's flip flops have to do with Tulsi?

11 days ago
5/18/11

Damn he might go from 5% to 5.25% in the polls huge turn of events.

11 days ago
5/3/01
Huggsbear - 

Damn he might go from 5% to 5.25% in the polls huge turn of events.

truth. and i like yang.

11 days ago
6/23/09

I can see it. Him and Gabbard would be hard to beat.  him or her as v

11 days ago
1/1/01
turducken - 
adam209 -

People put way too much stock in what celebrities think...

I put more stock into the opinions of legit horse cocked geniuses like Elon or Eric Weinstein

I'd prefer not to listen like a guy like Musk when it comes to who's the best choice for president

11 days ago
1/12/10
turducken -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

I can’t support him simply for his UBI stance. 

No smart person actually thinks it’s a good idea. 

I guess Elon Musk, Milton Friedman, Jamie Dimon and countless others are idiots who know nothing about business or money

So you too think spending trillions of dollars per year on a failed welfare program is a smart idea? 

No wonder you have to be told whom to support, you can’t think for yourself. 

11 days ago
1/17/03
Mountain Medic -
Soup and Beer -
turducken - 

Hannibal Buress and Norm MacDonald also already endorsed him. As did Elon Musk and a lot of other very smart people.

I think Norm was just trolling.  He said he would give him his support only if he became his close personal friend.   It's something Norm would do.

Isn't he Canadian?

Yang is Chinese

11 days ago
8/20/08
RocknRolla - nobody is going to vote for an oriental and i'm not racist, i'm .000001 oriental

Troof, America's never going to vote for Yang.

11 days ago
4/22/17
Granite007 -

Yeah. Two democrats that can't even compete in the primary would be monsters in the general. 

11 days ago
1/1/01

If the DNC really wanted to win in 2020 they'd already have a Yang-Gabbard ticket being pushed hard. They are the two most genuine candidates on the DNC's side.

But these two don't tick the right boxes for the DNC's globalist and corporate backers, so they are barred from debates whilst the likes of Biden and Warren are given to their supporters as the best options there are

11 days ago
6/15/19
camal - 

Yang is so inept he and his team couldn't even get on the ballot in Ohio. Lol

I don't think anyone on his team is particularly experienced. I have also heard a rumor he doesn't work as hard as some of the other candidates. Running a campaign requires insane hours and he may not have been prepared to go as far as he has.

I do like him a lot more than the other democrats though.
11 days ago
6/15/19
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 
turducken -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

I guess Elon Musk, Milton Friedman, Jamie Dimon and countless others are idiots who know nothing about business or money

So you too think spending trillions of dollars per year on a failed welfare program is a smart idea? 

I've pointed this out in like 20 threads, but Milton Friedman thought UBI was a good idea. It's actually an idea that comes out of right wing thought. It is less distortionary than other welfare programs.
11 days ago
6/15/19
Akkadian88 - 
Granite007 -

Yeah. Two democrats that can't even compete in the primary would be monsters in the general. 

Well promising to give free universal healthcare to illegals is a winning position in the primary. how do you think that will play out in the general?
11 days ago
1/7/09
Akkadian88 -
Granite007 -

To be objective, it's pretty clear that the DNC is actively trying to hamstring them in the primaries.  For example, look at this last debate, they upped the polling requirements but then refused to allow any qualifying polls for what, 2 months?  After the qualification deadline passes they run more polls and of course Yang qualifies. Rigging the game

Edited: 11 days ago
7/4/11
chad_mcjangle -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 
turducken -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

I've pointed this out in like 20 threads, but Milton Friedman thought UBI was a good idea. It's actually an idea that comes out of right wing thought. It is less distortionary than other welfare programs.

It's also somewhat of a natural progression to increasing automation and a shift to higher skilled labor. Especially if it's used as a replacement for welfare.

11 days ago
5/13/11
Redneck -

If the DNC really wanted to win in 2020 they'd already have a Yang-Gabbard ticket being pushed hard. They are the two most genuine candidates on the DNC's side.

But these two don't tick the right boxes for the DNC's globalist and corporate backers, so they are barred from debates whilst the likes of Biden and Warren are given to their supporters as the best options there are

You are correct sir. 

11 days ago
6/10/10
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 - 

I'm completely against the idea right now (frankly just the idea of it is depressing), but it seems that the writing is on the wall that it will be a necessity at some point down the line due to automation.  Sure, automation also leads to some more specialized jobs but not nearly enough to make up for the jobs lost.

Lots of smart people see UBI as inevitable.

11 days ago
1/1/01

All this talk about automation is just the Luddite Rebellion v2.0

11 days ago
6/15/19
PatK - 

Lots of smart people agree with this and others disagree. It's hard to say, but I think you're mostly correct. I see the big issue as unskilled immigrants competing against unskilled Americans.
11 days ago
6/15/19
plus increased global competition
10 days ago
1/7/09
chad_mcjangle -
PatK - 

Lots of smart people agree with this and others disagree. It's hard to say, but I think you're mostly correct. I see the big issue as unskilled immigrants competing against unskilled Americans.

Except the actual data shows that it is in fact the exact opposite of what you say is the big issue.

As for people being on both sides of the issue, of course that is correct and true of every issue. I mean we had supposed expert economists saying the advent of the internet would have no greater effect on the economy than the invention of the fax machine. 

The difference is that practically everyone who actually works in the technology industry is on one side of the debate.  Who do you think understands automation better, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey and all the other major leaders of tech, or some economists or academics?

10 days ago
1/23/19
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

That’s the type of compelling argument and discussion I come to the og for. “No smart person thinks it’s a good idea”  What a smart argument 

10 days ago
1/1/01
Redneck -

100% agree.

10 days ago
1/12/10
Fedorsgoathatsfinal -
TFK_UGCTT_Sk1tzO420 -

That’s the type of compelling argument and discussion I come to the og for. “No smart person thinks it’s a good idea”  What a smart argument 

Right. 

If you think it is, you’re dumb. I don’t care how “smart” you are, you’re dumb. 

I gave my reasoning for why I dont think it’s a good idea.