OtherGround Forums China--Covid under control--why can't the USA ?

11/23/20 11:16 PM
7/2/07
Covid has been under control in China for quite some time now.

I am surprised by how many Americans are unaware that it is not really a problem in China.

When I mention the topic it is usually met with a " how bad is it there ? must be really bad"

USA seems to be having a problem with Covid, tell me why that is.
11/23/20 11:18 PM
6/10/10

probably because the US government hasn't gotten to the point where they can weld citizens inside of their homes?

11/23/20 11:23 PM
1/1/01

Godamnit again with this drivel. Fuck off. The world literally revolves around us. We stop and so does ChyNO

11/23/20 11:28 PM
7/2/07
mixedmartialfarts - 

probably because the US government hasn't gotten to the point where they can weld citizens inside of their homes?

First post nails it.

No come on why your point stands, you know that was not or is not the reason they were able to control the virus.
11/23/20 11:31 PM
9/23/07

We are freer, wealthier, travel more etc.

We also have more people who would otherwise be dead that we keep alive in nursing homes and shit.

11/23/20 11:51 PM
4/18/02

You believe China’s so called numbers ? I’m sure you also believed Chernobyl was a small leak with no danger to Russian citizens 

11/23/20 11:52 PM
9/26/10

also add in that the chinese are not obese. 

11/24/20 12:00 AM
1/30/10
Brockback Mountain -

We are freer, wealthier, travel more etc.

We also have more people who would otherwise be dead that we keep alive in nursing homes and shit.

And the Chinese live like sardines ...millions if them in close proximity to each other ...but yet zero cases now ? I don’t believe it 

11/24/20 12:00 AM
7/2/07
CMX - 

You believe China’s so called numbers ? I’m sure you also believed Chernobyl was a small leak with no danger to Russian citizens 

Can someone explain how this would work ?

If we are talking accounting records, or copy rights, or even the initial Covid numbers I hear you loud and clear and understand why people say this, but how does this play out now ?

People are not getting sick from this in China, people do not know people with Covid in China, people are not being killed by Covid in China. How does this work ?
11/24/20 12:14 AM
4/19/09

You are obviously unaware of a big outbreak in Shanghai right now and then struggling to get this one under control. 

11/24/20 12:15 AM
7/2/07
Ghengiseanie - 

You are obviously unaware of a big outbreak in Shanghai right now and then struggling to get this one under control. 

7 cases right ?
Edited: 11/24/20 12:17 AM
1/1/01
With a survivability rate approaching 99.99% for people under 70yo, how is it not under control?

Who even GAF?

11/24/20 12:19 AM
4/6/19

China doesn't disclose the truth. 

11/24/20 12:20 AM
7/2/07
Shanghai is also the entry point for flights from overseas.

Are you familiar with the process for people arriving from overseas ?

2 weeks of legit quarantine and daily health checks. You can not leave the designated hotel room period.

This is standard entry protocol for people arriving in China on flights from outside of China.
11/24/20 12:22 AM
7/2/07
FreightTrain - With a survivability rate approaching 99.99% for people under 70yo, how is it not under control?

Who even GAF?

Somebody must because the US has shut down industry and is harming major segments of the economy.

Have you ever thought you may the reason we are still dealing with this while places like China are moving forward ?

11/24/20 12:29 AM
1/1/01
williepep - 
FreightTrain - With a survivability rate approaching 99.99% for people under 70yo, how is it not under control?

Who even GAF?

Somebody must because the US has shut down industry and is harming major segments of the economy.

Have you ever thought you may the reason we are still dealing with this while places like China are moving forward ?

No.

Tyranny is never justified but especially not for a survivability rate of 99.99%.

11/24/20 12:34 AM
1/10/13

China has been under communist rule for sometime. Biden and his puppet masters are still hoping to implement it here in our once free country.

Edited: 11/24/20 12:38 AM
6/10/10
williepep - 
mixedmartialfarts - 

First post nails it.

No come on why your point stands, you know that was not or is not the reason they were able to control the virus.

I absolutely think that the fact that China is an authoritarian regime is the primary reason they were able to get the virus under control so quickly.  They had a VERY effective quarantine because they were literally welding citizens inside apartment buildings, using electronic surveillance to monitor and stop travel, and appointed neighborhood leaders to enforce the lockdowns.  We also have no fucking idea how many of their citizens died before the government got it under control because, well, they're an authoritarian regime and accountability isn't too high on their list of priorities.

The same things that made China very effective at fighting COVID also make them hot garbage for basic human rights in non-pandemic times.  The US has been a COVID shitshow because we give a lot of leeway for our people to make their own decisions, and we've got a lot of people making shitty decisions that basically ensure that as a country we will never get our hands around this thing.

11/24/20 12:49 AM
1/1/01
mixedmartialfarts -
williepep - 
mixedmartialfarts - 

First post nails it.

I absolutely think that the fact that China is an authoritarian regime is the primary reason they were able to get the virus under control so quickly.  They had a VERY effective quarantine because they were literally welding citizens inside apartment buildings, using electronic surveillance to monitor and stop travel, and appointed neighborhood leaders to enforce the lockdowns.  We also have no fucking idea how many of their citizens died before the government got it under control because, well, they're an authoritarian regime and accountability isn't too high on their list of priorities.

The same things that made China very effective at fighting COVID also make them hot garbage for basic human rights in non-pandemic times.  The US has been a COVID shitshow because we give a lot of leeway for our people to make their own decisions, and we've got a lot of people making shitty decisions that basically ensure that as a country we will never get our hands around this thing.

This. Wife’s friend lives in Shanghai. A couple weeks ago a guy popped. They had his name, workplace, and photo on tv telling people to report any contact with him. He came from a village outside Shanghai of 8000 people. Every person in the village was required to be tested.

That wouldn’t happen (and hasn’t happened) here. 

11/24/20 12:50 AM
7/29/02

The US just needs to fire up massive incerators and weld people into their homes permanently until this blows over.

Bring out ya dead.

That said, y'all fucked up letting an Orange turdbiscuit run your country for 4 years.

11/24/20 12:53 AM
1/25/07

Because 1/2 the people in China don't think it's a hoax?

The question should really be why is the USA doing as poorly as India?

11/24/20 1:02 AM
7/2/07
Thelonious - 

Because 1/2 the people in China don't think it's a hoax?

The question should really be why is the USA doing as poorly as India?

Wow on the India comparison which I have not followed.

But not sure this is even possible considering the poor hygiene, sanitization standards, poor sewage system and population densisty in India compared to the USA>

Good question.

How is this possible ? Does your question have any of the answers ?
11/24/20 1:12 AM
11/1/06

Because Freedumb that’s why 

11/24/20 1:14 AM
9/20/19

Muh freidum 

part stupid redneck, part jew conspiracy. I’m woke 

11/24/20 1:19 AM
12/26/05

Its easy when you can make up any shit you want and shoot anybody who get uppity