OtherGround Forums China is LYING

1/24/20 11:23 PM
6/30/07
Poiupoiu -
Poiupoiu - 
williepep - 
I posted on another POI POI thread people staying inside on Chinese new year even 1,000 miles away.

A couple of hours ago was the time you are supposed to speak to neighbors wish happy new year greetings and people are doing it by phone, even with neighbors.

Government advised people to cancel banquet dinners at restaurants for New year

I was on a video call with people all staying inside.

its a ghost town outside. my window is open, and i dont hear a single noise, which never happens in a chinese city

it is 100% so bizarre.

ive lived in downtown san francisco, downtown hong kong, downtown tokyo, downtown shanghai, downtown beijing, downtown macau, downtown zhuhai

i dont hear a single thing. no cars, no bikes, no kids, no can collectors, no sweepers, no constructions, no pets, no grandmas, nothing, its erie. i haven't felt this in 20 years

Time to blast some Slayer, you know, for the people.

1/24/20 11:26 PM
3/2/11
Mountain Medic -
Poiupoiu -
Poiupoiu - 
williepep - 
I posted on another POI POI thread people staying inside on Chinese new year even 1,000 miles away.

A couple of hours ago was the time you are supposed to speak to neighbors wish happy new year greetings and people are doing it by phone, even with neighbors.

its a ghost town outside. my window is open, and i dont hear a single noise, which never happens in a chinese city

it is 100% so bizarre.

ive lived in downtown san francisco, downtown hong kong, downtown tokyo, downtown shanghai, downtown beijing, downtown macau, downtown zhuhai

i dont hear a single thing. no cars, no bikes, no kids, no can collectors, no sweepers, no constructions, no pets, no grandmas, nothing, its erie. i haven't felt this in 20 years

1/24/20 11:58 PM
11/5/16

I'm pretty sure CDC US govt knows that the Chinese govt is lying on all those numbers.

1/25/20 12:01 AM
3/17/03
PeterNorth - 

I'm pretty sure CDC US govt knows that the Chinese govt is lying on all those numbers.

Of course, but the average person has zero idea, and they're the ones spreading this virus.
1/25/20 12:46 AM
4/9/10
Poiupoiu -
Poiupoiu - 
williepep - 

it is 100% so bizarre.

You should take some video if you can. 

1/25/20 12:51 AM
1/1/01
Poiupoiu -
williepep - 

Please don't post on the OG while your window is open.

1/25/20 12:58 AM
10/20/13

Hookers gotta be cheap as he'll right now in china

Edited: 1/25/20 12:59 AM
4/22/03
NerveBlock -
Poiupoiu -
Poiupoiu - 
williepep - 

it is 100% so bizarre.

You should take some video if you can. 

Happy Chinese New Year!

you get corona virus, you get corona virus...

Edited: 1/25/20 2:41 AM
8/29/08

Bitch on radio today in Canada said everything is fine wouldn't even commit to saying that these diseases come from mostly the same place everytime.And that no restrictions are needed.I gaurantee it's all over Vancouver and Calgary already.

1/25/20 2:41 AM
1/1/01

ttt

1/25/20 2:44 AM
4/12/11
Transporter -

Bitch on radio today in Canada said everything is fine wouldn't even commit to saying that these diseases come from mostly the same place everytime.And that no restrictions are needed.I gaurantee it's all over Vancouver and Calgary already.

Sounds like the CBC.

Communist Bullshit Corporation

1/25/20 2:44 AM
4/18/01
WhereIsGoranReljic - 
inf0 -

Wuhan Flu ain't nuttin to fuck with

You better be the guy who posted that in the previous thread...

It's been posted so many times on reddit
Edited: 1/25/20 2:48 AM
9/9/10
https://twitter.com/hashtag/WuhanCoronovirus?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/WHO?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edited: 1/25/20 2:53 AM
3/4/18
ChaosOverkill -
Mountain Medic -
Poiupoiu -
Poiupoiu - 
williepep - 

it is 100% so bizarre.

One of the best death metal albums of all time. Used to have the cassette when I was like 11. Chronic Infection riff all day every day

I'm sure you already know but listen to Hail Of Bullets if you haven't already. Aspyhx as well.

1/25/20 3:10 AM
1/1/01
Eskimo - 

As long as it stays in China and California I view it as a net positive. Of course I'm half joking. 

A pox on you and all your family, Sir! I'm 1/4 joking of course.

1/25/20 3:46 AM
6/30/07
Juxtaposition -

Well shit

1/25/20 3:49 AM
6/5/14

You think America won't lie when it has a turn?

1/25/20 3:52 AM
3/23/02

1/25/20 3:56 AM
11/28/08
NoNeed4aScreenName -

So I remember the SARS panic awhile back. 

I never cared back then about things like this or had the resources we do today to monitor. Wasn't SARS pretty overblown initially as well?

The problem with potential disasters is that, if they are dealt with properly, people will think that they were never a problem in the first place.

Edited: 1/25/20 4:45 AM
5/12/08
RobGMAA -

You think America won't lie when it has a turn?

It depends on what you're referring to as America. The mainstream media here in America will sensationalize the hell out of this to make gullible mouth breathers believe the apocalypse is upon us.

China is no doubt underplaying the severity of this illness while we'll have the opposite problem here due to our piss poor media these days. 

1/25/20 4:58 AM
9/9/10
Mountain Medic -
Juxtaposition -

Well shit

https://twitter.com/hashtag/2019nCoV?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe not so bad

Edited: 1/25/20 5:09 AM
5/2/02

I work with a lot folks in China and have quite a few expat and local friends there still.  From what I'm hearing the higher level officials are pushing for transparency and quick responses while the lower levels are trying to hide it.  That would explain a lot of the actions.  

and while all this is going on, all the news here is focused on this farce of an impeachment trial.  

1/25/20 5:19 AM
11/28/08
nottheface -

I work with a lot folks in China and have quite a few expat and local friends there still.  From what I'm hearing the higher level officials are pushing for transparency and quick responses while the lower levels are trying to hide it.  That would explain a lot of the actions.  

and while all this is going on, all the news here is focused on this farce of an impeachment trial.  

That would make sense. Even if the higher ups are trying to plan things, the functionaries will do what comes naturally to them.

1/25/20 9:14 AM
10/16/10

1/25/20 9:15 AM
10/16/10
anthonyMI - 
nottheface -

That would make sense. Even if the higher ups are trying to plan things, the functionaries will do what comes naturally to them.

Because they know they'll be scapegoated by the CCP.