OtherGround Forums China is LYING

1/25/20 9:20 AM
1/1/01

The US is evacuating it's people from Wuhan

1/25/20 9:23 AM
1/1/01
gtownhoya - 

My wife is in Vietnam. I've suggested that she not risk it by getting on a plane. Forever.

well played
1/25/20 9:28 AM
4/3/16

lol

1/25/20 9:58 AM
9/13/08
Poiupoiu - 
nottheface - 

I work with a lot folks in China and have quite a few expat and local friends there still.  From what I'm hearing the higher level officials are pushing for transparency and quick responses while the lower levels are trying to hide it.  That would explain a lot of the actions.  

and while all this is going on, all the news here is focused on this farce of an impeachment trial.  

things are changing fast. id say this was true before, up until friday. its saturday night now. everyone is worried about this now.

i think its almost overkill how worried everyone is

40 million people don't get quarantined for nothing, and it has been verified to have reached some of the largest population centers in the United States.

Like someone else mentioned, yeah the hysteria can be overblown with some of these cases, but it's not for nothing when inaction can definitely lead to a much worse situation.
1/25/20 10:08 AM
3/2/11
Stache -

Lol at the dumbfounding: "America did this to us!" Conclusions.

Fucking hopeless brand of people.

1/25/20 10:16 AM
9/10/10
Onikage - This virus is much more severe and widespread than they are reporting. China is reporting less deaths than have been recorded on leaked videos. The government is rapidly removing info people are posting on the web.

Be extremely cautious if you're traveling, or maybe reschedule until we know what the fuck is going on here.

A few Chinese doctors estimate 90-100k people infected.

Reports of doctors treating over 100 patients each, suffering severe breakdowns.

15 cities have been quarantined (40mil people), enforced by armed military personnel in hazmat suits and armored vehicles.

Hospitals in these cities are PACKED full of dead and dying patients, flooding into the hallways.

Several videos have surfaced of people collapsing on the street and in the subway.

Videos surfaced of trucks spraying chemicals into the air on empty Chinese streets. Americans in Wuhan say they've also been spraying out of airplanes, but this is unconfirmed.

The government cancelled their biggest celebration and are constructing an entirely new hospital in Wuhan to deal with patients in JUST 6 DAYS.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51240355

I'm sure it's just a cold though!

Wife is chinese

Her friend went back to wuhan for new years

She is stuck there under quarentine havent heard off mass people sick yet

Her parents live on hunan island they heard there were someone sick there but no mass sickness

The govt is really trying hard

1/25/20 11:41 AM
3/17/03
Ironclad - 
RobGMAA -

You think America won't lie when it has a turn?

It depends on what you're referring to as America. The mainstream media here in America will sensationalize the hell out of this to make gullible mouth breathers believe the apocalypse is upon us.

China is no doubt underplaying the severity of this illness while we'll have the opposite problem here due to our piss poor media these days. 

Exactly.

Also, we don't have an internal communist government that values appearances of control/power above all else.

Dumb question.
1/25/20 12:01 PM
3/17/03

The videos coming out are terrifying.

Is this person having a seizure?

1/25/20 12:06 PM
1/5/12

China lies about everything, why stop now? 

1/25/20 12:24 PM
1/1/01

This thread is racist!

- SJW

1/25/20 2:53 PM
3/17/03
tenchu - This thread is racist!

- SJW

That seems to be the overall sentiment being expressed.

If only people cared about stopping the spread of a deadly contagious virus as much as koalas in brush fires...
1/25/20 3:12 PM
4/12/04
Juxtaposition -
Mountain Medic -
Juxtaposition -
https://twitter.com/hashtag/WuhanCoronovirus?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/WHO?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Well shit

https://twitter.com/hashtag/2019nCoV?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe not so bad

2.5 is still pretty bad right?

1/25/20 3:19 PM
2/4/09
anthonyMI -
NoNeed4aScreenName -

So I remember the SARS panic awhile back. 

I never cared back then about things like this or had the resources we do today to monitor. Wasn't SARS pretty overblown initially as well?

The problem with potential disasters is that, if they are dealt with properly, people will think that they were never a problem in the first place.

Who's to say this won't be dealt with appropriately. 

I just think at this stage people shouldn't panic yet. 

1/25/20 3:47 PM
11/21/19

Everybody be Kung Flu fighting.

1/25/20 4:09 PM
5/2/02
czwthemerph -
Poiupoiu - 
nottheface - 

I work with a lot folks in China and have quite a few expat and local friends there still.  From what I'm hearing the higher level officials are pushing for transparency and quick responses while the lower levels are trying to hide it.  That would explain a lot of the actions.  

and while all this is going on, all the news here is focused on this farce of an impeachment trial.  

things are changing fast. id say this was true before, up until friday. its saturday night now. everyone is worried about this now.

40 million people don't get quarantined for nothing, and it has been verified to have reached some of the largest population centers in the United States.

Like someone else mentioned, yeah the hysteria can be overblown with some of these cases, but it's not for nothing when inaction can definitely lead to a much worse situation.

I'm impressed by how quickly China moved to quarantine an entire city.  Less than a week to quarantine Wuhan.  11 million people.  That's like closing off LA.   How long would a move like that taken in the US?  We'd still be debating it, and politicians would be conducting polls to see how the action might effect public opinion, and the opposition party would be making hay if it to win points for future elections.  

China has its issues, but once they decide to take action it's normally pretty decisive.  

1/25/20 5:11 PM
3/17/03
nottheface - 
czwthemerph -
Poiupoiu - 
nottheface - 

I'm impressed by how quickly China moved to quarantine an entire city.  Less than a week to quarantine Wuhan.  11 million people.  That's like closing off LA.   How long would a move like that taken in the US?  We'd still be debating it, and politicians would be conducting polls to see how the action might effect public opinion, and the opposition party would be making hay if it to win points for future elections.  

China has its issues, but once they decide to take action it's normally pretty decisive.  

I would hold off on any praise at this point. We will likely discover that the Chinese knew how severe this virus was over a month ago and pulled the trigger on quarantine way too late. It's also possible that the virus originated at the Wuhan National Bio Lab which is is a biosafety level 4 facility.

They're still not communicating with the CDC and lying like mad to the public according to doctors.

"A doctor was filmed saying the media does not dare to report the true figures of infections in the city of Huanggang, which is near #Wuhan, repeating that 3 local hospitals were filled with patients presented with fever."
1/25/20 5:34 PM
12/5/12
Kona Silat -
Juxtaposition -
Mountain Medic -
Juxtaposition -
https://twitter.com/hashtag/WuhanCoronovirus?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/WHO?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Well shit

https://twitter.com/hashtag/2019nCoV?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Maybe not so bad

2.5 is still pretty bad right?

The common cold is a 3.0 i probably absolutely miss read that. 

1/25/20 8:01 PM
7/10/02

I was thinking it's refreshing a damn communist government is doing something instead of trying to save face as usual. Maybe I was wrong all along.

Quarantine an entire city and state is quite impressive! Is it too late?

IF, we found out it was a manufacture virus gone wrong, then somebody please nuke those fools.

1/25/20 8:10 PM
2/4/09
Sprawl'n'Stall - I was thinking it's refreshing a damn communist government is doing something instead of trying to save face as usual. Maybe I was wrong all along.

Quarantine an entire city and state is quite impressive! Is it too late?

IF, we found out it was a manufacture virus gone wrong, then somebody please nuke those fools.

haha, while I don't want to accuse Canada of doing this cause I'll be honest I feel like this is somewhat sensationalized considering what's going on right now 

Bio-warfare experts question why Canada was sending lethal viruses to China

1/25/20 8:45 PM
3/17/03

I thought the MSM would be talking about this shit by now, but I see NOTHING in the main headlines or even the World headlines.

China has quarantined 40-50 MILLION people.

Roads and bridges out of Wuhan are being blocked by construction teams with piles of stone and dirt, and guarded by armed soldiers in hazmat suits.

The virus is silently contagious, spreading from person to person before any symptoms appear.

At least one hospital with 1000 beds is being constructed in 6 DAYS for a supposed 800-950 infected.

Again, doctors in the field are estimating over 100k people infected now.

This is totally fucked and nobody is talking about it.
What is going on?

1/25/20 8:46 PM
3/17/03

I'm wondering if this is a conflict the corporate media may have with the Chinese.

If the NBA is afraid of China, why wouldn't these media conglomerates be as well?

1/25/20 9:21 PM
7/31/09

1/25/20 9:22 PM
7/31/09
nottheface -
czwthemerph -
Poiupoiu - 
nottheface - 

It looks like they lied about when the outbreak started and when they knew about it.  Watch that video I posted above.

1/25/20 9:24 PM
7/31/09

1/25/20 9:26 PM
7/31/09
https://twitter.com/hashtag/WuhanCoronavirus?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This was 2 days ago...