OtherGround Forums China on a bus to fuckedville

7 days ago
6/3/03
onyx2002 -

For those doing bets maybe agree on some official source for a count.  This is going to 100% be used for political purposes.  Those is power will say they basically did the best job ever in the history of ever containing this and no one actually died, a few people got a cough and one doctor sprained his ankle taking a turn too fast the other side will say approximately 9,999,350 died and also this caused an outbreak of autism. Whatever the tally is I know for sure most people will say it was porbably 3x that many.

Good point. Hey GnLB, is this a source we can both agree on (Arcgis from Johns Hopkins)?

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

7 days ago
5/23/07
PeoriaBJJ - 

but but but we are epected to lose 1.3 trillion US residents!!!!

For serious?!?!

7 days ago
6/11/10

In

7 days ago
7/4/09
BigEyedFish -

they should be, and I believe they are fucked regardless. 

Lets hope that the USA moves away from politicians doing nothing but trying to jail opponents and grab power and enact real systemic trade practices.  

There is an urgent need for the western world to not sole source all manufacturing in China for more than obvious reasons.  

This will cripple the Chinese economy.  

Unless of course we need to put paul manafort in jail again for not paying his taxes 12 years ago, then that obviously takes precedent.  

I agree, the exodus of manufacturing out of china is very real.

My background is in manufacturing automation, and I see this virus and tariffs creating an increased incentive for corporations to bring it home.

If the death toll keeps rising I see US-China diplomacy worsening, and manufacturing also coming home.

7 days ago
7/4/09
Kona Silat -
Argonaut -

And the US is the mayor.

If the death count in the states grows passed 100k what will happen to China?

War, sanctions, reparations?

Discuss

keep in mind that 9/11 cost us 3000-4000 lives and impacted people's lives.

3000 civilian lives and many broken families.

4000+ US soldier lives.

Coronvirus will eclipse all mass shootings and terrorist attacks on the US unfortunately.

7 days ago
4/3/08
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -

The death count won’t come anywhere near 100k in the US.

Fuck NC, you should know math better than that.

Over 50,000 “cases” to date, likely way more based on the shit testing done.

US quarantines are pretty impotent because people don’t fucking listen. The log rate is around 14-16 days to get to a tenfold increase. Based on a logistic curve, it is not out of the realm of possibility that 5M people will be effected and 100k will die.

In order for that not to happen though, government needs to get the whip out and punish people who fucking ignore quarantine rules.

2% of confirmed cases might die. Confirmed cases will be nowhere near the total cases who will have mild symptoms or won’t have symptoms at all. 

7 days ago
1/19/12
Nitecrawler -
onyx2002 -

For those doing bets maybe agree on some official source for a count.  This is going to 100% be used for political purposes.  Those is power will say they basically did the best job ever in the history of ever containing this and no one actually died, a few people got a cough and one doctor sprained his ankle taking a turn too fast the other side will say approximately 9,999,350 died and also this caused an outbreak of autism. Whatever the tally is I know for sure most people will say it was porbably 3x that many.

Good point. Hey GnLB, is this a source we can both agree on (Arcgis from Johns Hopkins)?

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

I have been using worldometres, but they seem to be pretty close. Deal.

6 days ago
7/4/09

Interesting article by Yahoo

https://news.yahoo.com/us-virus-deaths-may-top-80-000-despite-161924116.html

6 days ago
6/3/03
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -
onyx2002 -

Boom. It’s on, bitches!

6 days ago
2/2/20

america will do fooking nutting.

6 days ago
10/11/18
ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff -

First post NAILS it

22 hours ago
1/19/12
Nitecrawler -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -
onyx2002 -

Boom. It’s on, bitches!

I really want to lose the bet NC, but the White House put out numbers that was even higher than I was thinking. I’m very concerned about New York, since it’s a Petri dish for this kind of stuff.

Edited: 22 hours ago
11/19/08

I am at the point with the media that I don’t even believe the numbers they are throwing at us all day every day for any country in the world.  For us, for Italy, for Spain, and obviously China is a wash.  

22 hours ago
10/15/13
Argonaut -
Kona Silat -
Argonaut -

And the US is the mayor.

If the death count in the states grows passed 100k what will happen to China?

War, sanctions, reparations?

Discuss

keep in mind that 9/11 cost us 3000-4000 lives and impacted people's lives.

3000 civilian lives and many broken families.

4000+ US soldier lives.

Coronvirus will eclipse all mass shootings and terrorist attacks on the US unfortunately.

Ban Coronavirus??

22 hours ago
6/3/03
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -
onyx2002 -

Boom. It’s on, bitches!

I really want to lose the bet NC, but the White House put out numbers that was even higher than I was thinking. I’m very concerned about New York, since it’s a Petri dish for this kind of stuff.

It’s funny this thread got bumped as I was thinking about it last night. When we made our bet I figured it was a lock and you’d be sporting a new name in no time. However those new numbers coming out are concerning as fuck. Win or lose, stay safe out there man!

22 hours ago
12/10/09
camicom -
Nitecrawler - 

The death count won’t come anywhere near 100k in the US.

It wont even surpass 13000 of H1N1

Wow. This is going to age terribly. 

22 hours ago
2/1/08
Pat Giles - 

100k? Only 999,350 to go. Seriously are you fucking retarded???

You realize our gov is who is saying that right? yes it will, this isn't a sprint like the H1N1, its a long marathon of death.

Edited: 19 hours ago
1/19/12
Nitecrawler -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -
ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -
Nitecrawler -
onyx2002 -

Boom. It’s on, bitches!

It’s funny this thread got bumped as I was thinking about it last night. When we made our bet I figured it was a lock and you’d be sporting a new name in no time. However those new numbers coming out are concerning as fuck. Win or lose, stay safe out there man!

You too! Even though I’m a financial controller, I’m more of a statistician. Lots of people can’t wrap their heads around exponential growth. It’s a frightening thing. If those fuckers in New York and the dense big cities can lock themselves down, I really hope the deaths are limited to high 5 digits...

19 hours ago
12/29/06

Well they are apparently allowing them to open up the wet markets all over the place instead of incinerating them.

But we're letting people pee on frozen foods and lick deodorants and ice cream and we're not taking them out back and shooting them.

19 hours ago
11/9/10

Things china shares with us:

Toxic pet food

toxic children’s toys

Pandemics

Feel free to add to this list. 

18 hours ago
3/18/02
garythekid - 

I am at the point with the media that I don’t even believe the numbers they are throwing at us all day every day for any country in the world.  For us, for Italy, for Spain, and obviously China is a wash.  

an aid to the italian minister of health admitted that the  way they covid deaths is heavily skewed and the real number is 85% less than what was reported (deaths from covid)

17 hours ago
12/31/17
VinegarStrokes -

Toxic pet food

toxic children’s toys

Pandemics

Greed.

16 hours ago
5/27/19
VinegarStrokes -

Toxic pet food

toxic children’s toys

Pandemics

toxic drywall

16 hours ago
6/3/03
VinegarStrokes -

Toxic pet food

toxic children’s toys

Pandemics

Bukkake?

16 hours ago
4/11/08
So many retards on this thread.

100,000 is a VERY low estimate. We're just getting started here. And we have more waves after this one is done.

h1n1 in the US was 12,469 deaths.

we'll hit that number with SARSCov2 in about a week and a half.