OtherGround Forums China to impose sweeping security law in Hong Kong

5 days ago
5/9/10

5 days ago
5/9/10

Security law open to very wide interpretation

Robin Brant, BBC China Correspondent

China has long desired a new national security law for Hong Kong. Beijing believes almost a year of mass protests and, at times, paralysing confrontations on the streets shows that now it is needed more than ever.

But critics point to what they say are ambiguities inherent in such a law and the broad, generalist framework it would bring to a place which has a very different legal tradition than the communist-controlled mainland.

"Treason, sedition and subversion" are all open to a very wide interpretation. Up to now, the worst charge most arrested protesters have faced has been for rioting.

The notion of "terrorism" also features in this proposed law. That too could encompass wide-ranging acts and activities that the authoritarian rulers on the mainland consider far more menacing than those in Hong Kong, or for that matter elsewhere.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52762291

5 days ago
1/1/01
4 days ago
3/18/02

fuck china

4 days ago
7/12/14
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

4 days ago
1/1/01
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

Are You white-knighting for fucking CHINA, my dude?

4 days ago
11/28/09

Fuck China

4 days ago
2/2/12
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

Post paid by CCP and shareblue

4 days ago
1/1/01
willis007 - 
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

Fuck the CCP.

Better?

4 days ago
10/1/03

Next thing you know they’ll close Popeyes chicken at the airport those commie fucks

4 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck China !

Edited: 4 days ago
1/1/01
Lancifer -
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

Are You white-knighting for fucking CHINA, my dude?

No, this is called white knighting for China

4 days ago
3/1/10

The entire world needs to stand up to these faggots.

Leave Taiwan, Tibet, and Hong Kong the fuck alone.

4 days ago
2/8/08
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

I think this is all a big misunderstanding. BigEyeFish was talking about the country, bro. 

4 days ago
4/15/06

Sad that we wasted so many trillions of dollars fighting bullshit wars in the middle east. The US ruined its own credibility. When the time comes to organize an international effort to stop a true monster like the CCP, many people and nations wont be buying in.

I feel bad for people in HK. Ive been there many times. Its hard to imagine going from a life of freedom of speech and democracy, to being taken over by giant communist bohemoth. 

4 days ago
4/12/04

4 days ago
10/3/16

Hong Kong currently ranks as the #2 most free country in the world.

#1? New Zealand.

I expect HK to drop a lot in this ranking soon.

4 days ago
3/2/11
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

F
U
C
K

C

H
I
N
A

4 days ago
2/9/12

4 days ago
8/18/13
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

Wow, so the left is so demented and pathetic that they are now defending China? Fuck China and fuck willis007!

4 days ago
4/22/17
effertime -

Sad that we wasted so many trillions of dollars fighting bullshit wars in the middle east. The US ruined its own credibility. When the time comes to organize an international effort to stop a true monster like the CCP, many people and nations wont be buying in.

I feel bad for people in HK. Ive been there many times. Its hard to imagine going from a life of freedom of speech and democracy, to being taken over by giant communist bohemoth. 

Yeah, because European countries have never waged any bullshit wars. It has nothing to do with American credibility. They want chinas money. 

4 days ago
1/1/01
as someone with friends in HK, i say fuck the CCP. we should embargo their ass and tariff them to death.

we should allow the non triad hkers' to emigrate to canada and the us on an emergency basis if things go further south.

they will do a better job supporting free speech and democracy than many left wingers in NA.
4 days ago
5/22/02
If HK want their freedom they will have to pay the price in blood.
4 days ago
1/11/06

HK may as well give up; China is going to keep on them forever until they bend to the will of the mainland. HK doesn’t have the military and doesn’t have the population to resist.

4 days ago
1/1/01
DrPeterVenkman - 
willis007 -
BigEyedFish -

fuck china

God you are pathetic.

Wow, so the left is so demented and pathetic that they are now defending China? Fuck China and fuck willis007!

Well, they are fans of a guy with dementia and pathetically defend him against rape accusations... even if it exposes their blatant hypocrisy, yet again.

And f@ck China.