OtherGround Forums Cleopatra was not an attractive woman

23 days ago
1/1/01

I find forensic anthropolgy fascinating. At the 27 sec. mark, a reconstruction model of the classic beuaty Cleopatra.

23 days ago
8/1/07
Looks a bit like John Turturro.
Edited: 23 days ago
10/16/07

Meritamun and Nefertiti would totally get it though

23 days ago
1/25/19
jesus was a jew not an arab. a good chance he was a redhead ginger like King David.
23 days ago
1/12/10

It’s crazy how good the painters from centuries ago were. 

23 days ago
3/27/03

#6 didn’t look like the skull at all

23 days ago
7/31/09
skad - jesus was a jew not an arab. a good chance he was a redhead ginger like King David.

I've heard about these redheaded jews......

23 days ago
9/27/14
sacredhate -

Meritamun and Nefertiti would totally get it though

Came to say this. I’d give them a lesson in bones. 

23 days ago
7/24/14

I feel the only ones that could be close to accurate are the ones we have paintings of. Everything else like the iceman or the very first one are completely fabricated. I base this on no education whatsoever. I just can’t imagine them being good at this. Still interesting to see and get an idea of though.

it would be interesting to see them tested by taking a skull of a more recently deceased person and see how close, if at all, they can get 

23 days ago
1/5/07
TeamRenzo - Looks a bit like John Turturro.

I had the same first thought.
23 days ago
1/25/19
Kings21 - 
skad - jesus was a jew not an arab. a good chance he was a redhead ginger like King David.

I've heard about these redheaded jews......

Jesus was more likely to look like seth rogan then some dark skinned arab.
23 days ago
3/28/05
Bronze Age Woman would totally get it.
23 days ago
2/9/14

If they are going to do Jesus,  why not do bigfoot and the lockness monster?  None of these fictional creatures exist.. weellll bigfoot has the most evidence.  

23 days ago
2/5/06

Later

23 days ago
3/14/04
seg - Bronze Age Woman would totally get it.

What were their hygiene practices back then? Did she have hairy bigfoot legs, lice and fleas in her dried out hair, a bush the size of a 70's afro filled with a variety of wildlife, dingleberries all in her hairy ass, etc..?
23 days ago
10/14/02
skad - jesus was a jew not an arab. a good chance he was a redhead ginger like King David.

he was a jew

and jews and arabs are relatives
and often look similar
both being semites

yes king david had ginger hair
but there are many others in middle east/north africa

who are ginger or blue eyed
or very pale
23 days ago
12/1/05
angryinch - 

What were their hygiene practices back then? Did she have hairy bigfoot legs, lice and fleas in her dried out hair, a bush the size of a 70's afro filled with a variety of wildlife, dingleberries all in her hairy ass, etc..?

Okay, scratch that one of the list, but Nefertiti would get it!   and possibly Tutenkamin....wait, no, the other one Meri something....and probably Tutenkamin

23 days ago
6/8/10
MagicMark -

If they are going to do Jesus,  why not do bigfoot and the lockness monster?  None of these fictional creatures exist.. weellll bigfoot has the most evidence.  

You are saying Jesus wasnt a person at all? 

23 days ago
1/1/01
DollawayGotFistedByAPillow -

I feel the only ones that could be close to accurate are the ones we have paintings of. Everything else like the iceman or the very first one are completely fabricated. I base this on no education whatsoever. I just can’t imagine them being good at this. Still interesting to see and get an idea of though.

it would be interesting to see them tested by taking a skull of a more recently deceased person and see how close, if at all, they can get 

Its more in depth than building a Mr. Potato Head. The forensic artist use the age and formation of the skull/bone structure. Statistics and data drawn from hundreds of women and includes information known about the lifestyles and diet etc to complete the look. Are they 100 percent, no but it gives a very good persceptice of what our ancestors did look like.  

23 days ago
3/14/04
Dirtywhiteboy - 
angryinch - 

Okay, scratch that one of the list, but Nefertiti would get it!   and possibly Tutenkamin....wait, no, the other one Meri something....and probably Tutenkamin

Nefertiti lived during the end of the bronze age. Probably had similar hygiene practices as the bronze age woman. They did seem to use makeup but do we know if their bushes were trimmed or were they full of lice and crotch crickets? Did they clean their asses thoroughly or were they full of dingleberries and covered in flies? Did they smell like soap or could you pick up their stank from 100 yards away?

I don't know man..... Scary stuff....
23 days ago
11/28/08

Cleopatra's image is on plenty of coins and such where she looks pretty much like in the video. The idea was that she was incredibly charismatic.

23 days ago
11/28/08
angryinch -
Dirtywhiteboy - 
angryinch - 

Nefertiti lived during the end of the bronze age. Probably had similar hygiene practices as the bronze age woman. They did seem to use makeup but do we know if their bushes were trimmed or were they full of lice and crotch crickets? Did they clean their asses thoroughly or were they full of dingleberries and covered in flies? Did they smell like soap or could you pick up their stank from 100 yards away?

I don't know man..... Scary stuff....

During most of ancient Egypt, they considered hair to be unclean. They shaved off everything, with the higher classes being more diligent about it than the lower ones, and bathed regularly.

22 days ago
1/1/01

I'll take the word of Gaius Julius Ceasar and Marcus Antonius before some forensic wannabe. 

22 days ago
2/5/13
MagicMark -

I feel like Jesus as an actual person definitely existed 100%.  I personally believe he was a hustler/charlatan/con-man David Koresh type of dude who just hit it lucky and his bullshit caught on back in the day when people were buying into this “coming of the savior” mumbo jumbo and weren’t educated enough to discern bullshit from reality.  

But I have no doubt the dude actually existed.  

22 days ago
11/3/12

Sub