OtherGround Forums Closest you've ever been to dying?

2/7/17 11:27 AM
11/28/09
Nitecrawler -
Lux Fixxins -

Almost drowned surfing in Mexico.   

sorry, couldn't resist. LOL. :-)

Lol,  no prob.

i was in mexico

wiped put

tether snapped

i surface just as waves crashed on me

caugh in that cycle 

started trying to get out

couldnt

keep going further under

lost sight of beach

started getting tired, thirsty, hot.

almost gave up

though "I can't die in front of wife"

adrenaline kicked in

started litterally fighting the sea

lungs burning, tiring, can't see

getting super hard to surface and stay afloat

Hit super hard by wave

hit bottom of ocean

"holy shit,  I'm near a beach"

fight harder

eventually land in beach

incline super steep

as I climb beach keeps getting washed out from under me

waves keep pulling me back toward the ocean

fight up hill and finally grab hot ass dry sand

just a few feet more

collapse on burning hot beach

eventually I hear my wife screaming in the distance

she runs over to me "are you ok?"

"I just want water"

walked back to our camp.

Drank 5 bottles of water.

installed new tether and went back out there next day

2/7/17 11:35 AM
5/13/11
Got tossed out of a raft in a level 4 rapid in Costa Rica called the "Lower Graveyard"

Spent 3-4 minutes (felt like eternity) getting tossed around. Managed to keep tucked in with feel forward for most of it and the kayaker did an amazing job getting to me.

Love my dad for his courage. He jumped in like an idiot to try and "save me"...lol. kayaker got to him too.
2/7/17 12:35 PM
3/14/16
Pig Bun - I remember looking at my speedometer, and it read a little over 110mph. About 2 seconds later, I was sliding backwards down the highway. More smoke than a top fueler doing a burnout. It felt like I was going to slide forever, but I finally came to a stop in a grassy median. Poles, trees, fences, all sorts of things to crash into, but I didn't hit a damned thing. Walked around the car and all was good, so drove home.
Lol that made me reminis about the old days . Did something very similar. No damage with the exception the exhaust being ripped off , had to piss afterwards real bad and was a little shakey. Pissed got back in went home .
2/7/17 1:00 PM
11/28/09
fastnotch331 -
Pig Bun - I remember looking at my speedometer, and it read a little over 110mph. About 2 seconds later, I was sliding backwards down the highway. More smoke than a top fueler doing a burnout. It felt like I was going to slide forever, but I finally came to a stop in a grassy median. Poles, trees, fences, all sorts of things to crash into, but I didn't hit a damned thing. Walked around the car and all was good, so drove home.
Lol that made me reminis about the old days . Did something very similar. No damage with the exception the exhaust being ripped off , had to piss afterwards real bad and was a little shakey. Pissed got back in went home .

You fell out of a car going 110 mph backwards?

2/7/17 1:06 PM
3/14/16
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -

No , and I don't get where you got falling out of the car at all .
2/7/17 1:28 PM
2/19/10

I died on the operating table after a procedure to fix a collapsed lung

2/7/17 1:34 PM
1/18/16
Had tonsils out. Bled. Hurled. Bled again. Hurled. Tore a hole in esophagus, lost 6 pints of blood. Literally bled half to death.
2/7/17 2:19 PM
8/8/09
ChrisChronic - 

Compound fracture on my femur. Almost bled out.

That must have been pure agony. Did you feel it, or just go into shock. I'm hoping the latter.
2/7/17 2:38 PM
3/14/02
Wasn't close to dying but I honestly felt like I was when I had the falcriprum(sp?) strain of malaria. It was a pretty bad experience.
2/7/17 2:40 PM
4/8/07
When I nutted but she kept on suckin
2/7/17 3:14 PM
11/28/09
fastnotch331 -
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -

You were in the car,  then were slinging down the highway backward.  Car wasn't damaged.

howd you get on highway?

2/7/17 4:22 PM
3/14/16
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -

You were in the car,  then were slinging down the highway backward.  Car wasn't damaged.

howd you get on highway?

Read . I said I had a similar thing happen , similar does not mean exact same as what pigbun had happen . Nobody said anything about the shit you are trying to imply . If you wanna know the fucking story then ask and quit being a fucktard.
2/7/17 4:28 PM
6/4/07

Nearly snowboarded right off a cliff that had to be a 200 foot drop while riding down from the Palmer Glacier on Mt Hood. Out of bounds on Palmer is scary.

2/7/17 4:36 PM
8/11/12
fastnotch331 -

You were doing over 100 in reverse? 

2/7/17 4:44 PM
3/14/16
Balls Mahoney -
fastnotch331 -

You were doing over 100 in reverse? 

Holy fuck , what's with the retard brigade ? Ask pigbun what his story is , I said I had a similar thing happen to me , not in reverse or going backwards you non reading fucks . My particular (similar ) incident I was hauling ass Speedo burried @ 120 (71 nova ) I looked down ,next thing I know I'm spinning and lost control , ended up in the median/kind of ditch there were signs and light poles all over and I missed them all ,I don't know how . Only damage to my car was the exhaust ripped off from the collector flanges. Want to know his story ask him , ok buddy .
2/7/17 4:51 PM
5/7/10

When I was a kid, I came back from school. Parents were still at work, and there was only sister with her boyfriend in the house. They were about to leave. I made a bacon sandwich with some mustard on it and went to watch A team on TV. As i took the first bite, I couldn't get trought that bacon so I decided to swallow it. As I did that it got stuck in my throat. First I tried to grab it with my hand as i felt one end being on my tongue, but the mustard made it slippery and I couldn't. Than I tried to cought it out. That's when I realized I fucked up as I couldn't breathe anymore. I remember the first thought I had back than "I'm about to die watching A team". I was in panic mode, got up ran to my sister room and couldn't even pull the handle at her door properly, I started to kick it but finally managed to open it. She later said I was all purple when I came in. Her boyfriend grabbed from behind and squeezed and the bacon slice fell out. I could breathe again. When I wanted to take a look at this thing that almost costed me my life, my dog was faster and just ate it.

So yeah, 5 minutes later and I would be all alone with this problem and dead.

2/7/17 5:42 PM
1/1/01
LMAO!! It is a new world Notchy, people just make up new meanings to words, interpret others narratives to satisfy their personal agendas.

Heck, I mention the HR I ordered from Comp, 3016/ 3041 lobes, 114LSA 107ICL, that shipped this afternoon. You, Whitey, probably Boots, and maybe a couple others would understand. Others would think I'm Trump sending secret messages to Putin, or Hillary & Soros.
2/7/17 6:17 PM
3/14/16
Pig Bun - LMAO!! It is a new world Notchy, people just make up new meanings to words, interpret others narratives to satisfy their personal agendas.

Heck, I mention the HR I ordered from Comp, 3016/ 3041 lobes, 114LSA 107ICL, that shipped this afternoon. You, Whitey, probably Boots, and maybe a couple others would understand. Others would think I'm Trump sending secret messages to Putin, or Hillary & Soros.
Nice , I like to stay between 112-114 for most things . Ya man I couldn't believe those guys above . Lol.
2/7/17 6:22 PM
6/27/09
Got MRSA
2/7/17 6:32 PM
1/1/01
Had a widowmaker heart attack 10 years ago. Not recommended.
2/7/17 7:00 PM
11/5/03
Was once within seconds of peeling off a climb and would have gone 50 feet into jagged boulders below. Managed to squeak through it with the absolute last of my strength. It was so close. I nearly puked when it was over. I was physically useless for several days after.
2/7/17 9:30 PM
11/5/03
sugarhigh - Iclimb, I remember you telling that story before. Where was it? You were obviously free soloing? Had you not tested it out before with ropes? Crazy man.
Not soloing. But it was a route I'd never been on before, with difficult to place protection. I stopped for too long in a strenuous spot trying to fiddle in gear that ultimately was not going to hold my fall. I was already 30 feet up. So I had to continue on. When I got to 50 feet, I was too tired to stop and just had to keep going through the crux. Barely squeaked through it.

Finally at 60 feet I wobbled up to a good stance that would take a solid piece of gear. I was shaking so badly it was kind of difficult to calm down enough to place it.

I made a lot of mistakes that didn't need to happen, is what it came down to.
2/7/17 9:32 PM
5/3/11

I got stabbed last year stopping a guy from beating up on some lady 

2/7/17 9:36 PM
11/28/09
fastnotch331 -
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -

howd you get on highway?

Read . I said I had a similar thing happen , similar does not mean exact same as what pigbun had happen . Nobody said anything about the shit you are trying to imply . If you wanna know the fucking story then ask and quit being a fucktard.

I'm retarded.

can I hear the story?

2/7/17 9:41 PM
3/14/16
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -
Lux Fixxins -
fastnotch331 -

howd you get on highway?

I'm retarded.

can I hear the story?

On page two .