Damn even the Coast Guard is hella tacticool
8 days ago
6/13/03

Should have put a 30 round mag in the side and made it a real submarine

Edited: 8 days ago
7/15/04
Barbasol -

Why was dude yelling? It’s not like they can hear him

Well if they had an open port somewhere you could hear something they were close enough. You could hear the loudspeaker at the beginning saying who they were.

Pretty wild jumping on that moving sub with water flowing over the top.

8 days ago
6/28/10

Soon as the top opened drop a grenade and keep it moving.

7 days ago
7/28/08

I dont think that sub can dive. It looks like it just cuts through the waves.

7 days ago
6/13/03
JPro -

I dont think that sub can dive. It looks like it just cuts through the waves.

They cant

7 days ago
11/19/18

Coast guard boat, navy guys were the ones who jumped on the semi sub imo. They are very active in anti drug ops with the coast guard. 

7 days ago
4/21/10

Do the coast guard have any spec ops?

7 days ago
1/5/07
PurplePunch - 

Coast guard boat, navy guys were the ones who jumped on the semi sub imo. They are very active in anti drug ops with the coast guard. 

Negative, those are Coast Guard personnel assigned to a Coast Guard Law Enforcement Detachment (LEDET). LEDETS traditionally deploy on Navy ships to conduct counter drug operations. They also supplement Coast Guard cutter boarding teams, which is the case here. The boat drivers are crewmen from the cutter, in this case it was the Munro I believe. The guys in the CRYE uniforms that jump on the semi submersible are LEDET members. All personnel in video are Coast Guard members.
7 days ago
4/21/10

^^ I guess they probably have some of the best rescue guys?

7 days ago
1/5/07
Phuckles - 

No the CG does not have any units that fall under Special Operations. The CG has Deployable Specialized Forces (DSF). There are a variety of DSF unit types. The guys in the video are LEDET members. LEDETs are part of the CG's DSF.
7 days ago
6/26/06
Thats a gimme load, they have subs that can actually dive, this one was sent out to distract and appease the coast guard.
7 days ago
6/26/06
Phuckles - 

Lol no, coast guard is like aquatic first responders, theyre far from being military level.
7 days ago
10/31/07
Barbasol -

Policy, we have to at the very least identify ourselves and give task direction with consequence when we can. 

7 days ago
4/1/10
Barbasol -

Amped up I guess? In the end they opened the hatch!

7 days ago
10/31/07
TexDeuce -
Barbasol -

Well if they had an open port somewhere you could hear something they were close enough. You could hear the loudspeaker at the beginning saying who they were.

Also these aren’t submarines, they are self propelled semi submersibles (SPSS) and are cruedly made out of regular boats, so it’s not as solid as it may look. Usually they just weld a top onto a normal boat or make a top out of figerglass. They probably heard the guy yelling honestly. 

7 days ago
10/31/07
RenatoCocopreta -
Phuckles - 

Lol no, coast guard is like aquatic first responders, theyre far from being military level.

This guy is ignorant beyond his years. Sad

7 days ago
1/1/01
RenatoCocopreta - Thats a gimme load, they have subs that can actually dive, this one was sent out to distract and appease the coast guard.

You’re dumb. 

7 days ago
12/19/10
NineFightFour -
TexDeuce -
Barbasol -

Also these aren’t submarines, they are self propelled semi submersibles (SPSS) and are cruedly made out of regular boats, so it’s not as solid as it may look. Usually they just weld a top onto a normal boat or make a top out of figerglass. They probably heard the guy yelling honestly. 

Thanks for the info.  I was wondering why the sub just didn’t dive.  Now I know 

Edited: 7 days ago
7/24/16
B Sharps -
Phuckles - 

No the CG does not have any units that fall under Special Operations. The CG has Deployable Specialized Forces (DSF). There are a variety of DSF unit types. The guys in the video are LEDET members. LEDETs are part of the CG's DSF.

The Coast Guard isn't under the Department of Defense umbrella either. They're technically not a branch of the armed services anymore. I forget what year it happened, but they now fall under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security. Still, they do a lot more (dangerous) shit than people realize.

7 days ago
7/15/04

Renato really throwing out the troll bait in this one lol. I guess the ocean themed thread inspired him.

7 days ago
12/7/06
GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -
B Sharps -
Phuckles - 

The Coast Guard isn't under the Department of Defense umbrella either. They're technically not a branch of the armed services anymore. I forget what year it happened, but they now fall under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security. Still, they do a lot more (dangerous) shit than people realize.

You’re half right.  They are DHS but they’re still very much a branch of the military.  They were DOT prior to the change to DHS.

Edited: 7 days ago
12/7/06
PurplePunch -

This is not correct.  The boarding team is always going to be US Coast Guard personnel.  When the Navy does joint drug interdiction, they provide vessels, but the law enforcement boarding team is always Coast Guard. The Navy is DOD-they do not have legal jurisdiction to enforce maritime law.