OtherGround Forums Cobra Kai--not what I expected. enjoyable show

9/16/20 10:11 AM
1/1/01
VinegarStrokes - 
DaveFu -
VinegarStrokes - 
DaveFu -

I think Daniel being shitty as a sensei is his arc. 

Johnny being shitty at living his life is his arc. 

Netflix knows how market their shit. I'll give them that!

As a kid I related with Daniel cause I moved a lot and was always the smaller kid that got picked on. Now I relate to Johnny, Daniel (and i) got picked on for being an asshole and doing stupid shit. 

Don't worry, you still get picked on for being an asshole and doing stupid shit.

Yeah that’s why i am anti social and have very few friends. 

Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names, I've humiliated you - some of you, I've hit. And for that, I don't apologize. Cobra Kai is about strength.

If you can't be strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now - you're all weak. And I know that because I was you. I used to have no friends, I used to be the weird kid. *points at VinegarStrokes* Well, maybe not that weird, I still hooked up with babes 'n all but the point is - I wasn't always the badass Sensei that I am today. Just like a cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power. And you guys will too.

9/16/20 10:31 AM
10/17/06
DaveFu -
Andersons'sPiece - 

Kreese though...... where the fuck are they going with him..... Ali...... I jerked off to her tits so many times I think we're married. 

Season 3 is rumored to have the origin stories of Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai. The actor always says that Kreese was the guy in the Vietnam who was never allowed to win and everytime he showed "honor" or "restraint" it got good people killed over there. Then if got the spit in the face...baby killer treatment for years, it would explain a lot. Kreese doesn't want his students to have to endure defeat the way he did, he's still a teacher who only teaches things the hard way.  

Origin stories..... that sounds cool actually..... So Miyagi could have children??? 

9/16/20 10:44 AM
1/1/01

I don't know about kids. If they don't fudge his age much and say he was born in 1925. Then he was 16-17 when he left Okinawa and went to the Hawaii and then California. 

The writers have a good attention to detail and treat throwaway lines like that from the movie as cannon. 

9/16/20 10:50 AM
1/1/01
I just binged watched both seasons.

Season 1 was decent - cheesy but enjoyables.
Season 2 was embarassing. The teenager drama and "dojo rivalry" was constant cringe.
Edited: 9/16/20 11:20 AM
9/3/14

Binged S2 last night.  Just awesome , didn`t want it to end :) 

9/16/20 11:33 AM
1/1/01

“Season 2 was embarassing. The teenager drama and "dojo rivalry" was constant cringe.”

You mean like pretty much all the KK movies?? Not sure what you were expecting. . .

9/16/20 3:08 PM
9/23/14
wAtChiNg iT NoW. Is GoOd.
9/16/20 3:32 PM
5/7/08
DaveFu -

I don't know about kids. If they don't fudge his age much and say he was born in 1925. Then he was 16-17 when he left Okinawa and went to the Hawaii and then California. 

The writers have a good attention to detail and treat throwaway lines like that from the movie as cannon. 

Miyagi's wife and child died from complications of childbirth

9/16/20 3:34 PM
1/1/01
MayorPirkle - 
DaveFu -

Miyagi's wife and child died from complications of childbirth

I'm not talking about that. I am talking about if Miyagi had a kid in Okinawa or something weird like that. 

9/16/20 3:35 PM
5/2/02
DaveFu -

I really want a war movie about the 442nd featuring Miyagi

I love the idea of this guy leaving home because he didn’t want to fight then getting forced into the army.  I picture him being a reluctant soldier.  Then he hears about the death of his wife and child and enraged, kills every German he can find.  When he awakens from his blood haze he is ashamed and has won the CMoH   

He’s discharged and throws the medal into a box because for him it’s a badge of his failure and shame. He hides away as a repair man, basically waiting to die and trying to find inner peace... until Daniel comes along and he finds renewed purpose.  

9/16/20 4:11 PM
9/18/13

Have thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 3 and ali's tits.

9/16/20 4:18 PM
4/22/07

I think they need to aim a little more Kenny Powers a little less one tree hill. Still a must watch.

Edited: 9/17/20 2:10 AM
6/29/09

Just finished Season 2. I thought the teenage drama stuff wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Plenty of things to like. For example, Stingray (aka Richard Jewell) and Moon making out with that girl. Great set up for Season 3 too. Fuck Robbie.

9/17/20 2:23 AM
7/2/07
Part of the plan I am sure for the characters

But the Larusso family considering the daughters relatively minor injuries should have showed.more concern for the Miguel and the actions of Robbie who was acting by proxy for the Larusso family AKA Daniel son Dojo
9/17/20 4:25 AM
6/26/17

Johnny joins Miyagi-Do

His son takes over Cobra Kai

Elizabeth Shue shows her tits

9/17/20 10:23 AM
1/1/01
pfsjkd -

“Season 2 was embarassing. The teenager drama and "dojo rivalry" was constant cringe.”

You mean like pretty much all the KK movies?? Not sure what you were expecting. . .

Way more over the top than the movies - not even comparable. That high school fight scene was epic cringe as were many others scenes in season 2. It’s really fuckkng bad but there’s no accounting for taste

9/17/20 10:30 AM
9/18/13
punchdrunkMMA -

Just finished Season 2. I thought the teenage drama stuff wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Plenty of things to like. For example, Stingray (aka Richard Jewell) and Moon making out with that girl. Great set up for Season 3 too. Fuck Robbie.

Stingray reminds me of 85% of the posters here.

9/17/20 10:32 AM
5/7/09
nottheface -
DaveFu -

I really want a war movie about the 442nd featuring Miyagi

I love the idea of this guy leaving home because he didn’t want to fight then getting forced into the army.  I picture him being a reluctant soldier.  Then he hears about the death of his wife and child and enraged, kills every German he can find.  When he awakens from his blood haze he is ashamed and has won the CMoH   

He’s discharged and throws the medal into a box because for him it’s a badge of his failure and shame. He hides away as a repair man, basically waiting to die and trying to find inner peace... until Daniel comes along and he finds renewed purpose.  

This would be great

9/17/20 9:16 PM
1/1/01
T Bag -
pfsjkd -

Way more over the top than the movies - not even comparable. That high school fight scene was epic cringe as were many others scenes in season 2. It’s really fuckkng bad but there’s no accounting for taste

It was no worse then anything in KKII or III. 

9/17/20 10:28 PM
6/26/17
T Bag -
pfsjkd -

Wtf Were you expecting dude?

Edited: 9/18/20 8:24 AM
7/7/10

I’d like to see the story turn Miguel into some sort of cyborg. The fall off the balcony has paralyzed him from the waist down so karate is basically out of the question. However, Johnny meets a guy that mysteriously shows up and says he has a solution. He works for a biotech company that is looking for volunteers to sign up for the cyborg karate experiments that give paralyzed victims new life. Their bodies are programmed with karate moves. Johnny convinces Miguel’s mom that this is the only way to fix things. She agrees and Miguel is sent into the program. Most of the season just shows parts of him becoming part cyborg with it leading up to him breaking steel beams with his cyborg body thinking of his revenge on myiagi do. Johnny talks to Miguel and tells him to forget about it and let it go that it’s in the past. However Miguel’s fakes that he is over it because of his new cyborg body is awesome. Little does Johnny know that Miguel plans on killing everyone in myiagi do and creating his own dojo called cyborg Kai.  Eventually he gets his revenge but without a price. When he goes to kill robby his cyborg body malfunctions and instead of killing him he ends up paralyzing Samantha instead. 

season 3 pretty much then ends with samatha turning partially cyborg but the big cliff hanger of the season is the leader of this cyborg creating company is really mr myiagi and he’s part cyborg too. 

9/18/20 8:42 AM
1/1/01
Stea1th - 

I’d like to see the story turn Miguel into some sort of cyborg. The fall off the balcony has paralyzed him from the waist down so karate is basically out of the question. However, Johnny meets a guy that mysteriously shows up and says he has a solution. He works for a biotech company that is looking for volunteers to sign up for the cyborg karate experiments that give paralyzed victims new life. Their bodies are programmed with karate moves. Johnny convinces Miguel’s mom that this is the only way to fix things. She agrees and Miguel is sent into the program. Most of the season just shows parts of him becoming part cyborg with it leading up to him breaking steel beams with his cyborg body thinking of his revenge on myiagi do. Johnny talks to Miguel and tells him to forget about it and let it go that it’s in the past. However Miguel’s fakes that he is over it because of his new cyborg body is awesome. Little does Johnny know that Miguel plans on killing everyone in myiagi do and creating his own dojo called cyborg Kai.  Eventually he gets his revenge but without a price. When he goes to kill robby his cyborg body malfunctions and instead of killing him he ends up paralyzing Samantha instead. 

season 3 pretty much then ends with samatha turning partially cyborg but the big cliff hanger of the season is the leader of this cyborg creating company is really mr myiagi and he’s part cyborg too. 

Johnny dreamt about that:

9/18/20 10:34 AM
7/11/06
DaveFu -
VinegarStrokes - 
DaveFu -
VinegarStrokes - 
DaveFu -

I think Daniel being shitty as a sensei is his arc. 

Johnny being shitty at living his life is his arc. 

Netflix knows how market their shit. I'll give them that!

As a kid I related with Daniel cause I moved a lot and was always the smaller kid that got picked on. Now I relate to Johnny, Daniel (and i) got picked on for being an asshole and doing stupid shit. 

Don't worry, you still get picked on for being an asshole and doing stupid shit.

Yeah that’s why i am anti social and have very few friends. 

Since you joined Cobra Kai, I have been hard on you. I've called you names, I've humiliated you - some of you, I've hit. And for that, I don't apologize. Cobra Kai is about strength.

If you can't be strong on the inside, you can't be strong on the outside. And right now - you're all weak. And I know that because I was you. I used to have no friends, I used to be the weird kid. *points at VinegarStrokes* Well, maybe not that weird, I still hooked up with babes 'n all but the point is - I wasn't always the badass Sensei that I am today. Just like a cobra, I had to shed my loser skin to find my true power. And you guys will too.

Lol

9/18/20 11:53 AM
6/26/17
Stea1th -

I agree with all of this, but Samantha shows.up in episode 1 wearing a mumu and rocking a Chelsea dyke haircut because she gained 2 bills in ice cream weight and hates all men forever because she's a fat slob

Edited: 9/18/20 1:29 PM
4/21/10

I want to participate in this thread so bad but am only on like episode 8. I fucking LOVE the nostalgia. Yeah, the show is cheesy as fuck at numerous points but shit like him wearing the original skeleton costume from the movie or rubbing his hands together like he was going to do the Miyagi healing thing... I fucking love it. 

Also, my son loves the show. He has decided to go as this for Halloween: