3/20/11
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

B1G voted unanimously to have football this Fall. Will be announced later this morning.

Ah misread headline. Good! Finally 

Yeah they’re not playing until late October. They will not be included in the playoffs and they shouldn’t be. The losers THOUGHT they were in charge. Talk about a massive wake up call.

Put it this way.. I’ve read that when these conferences are together the B1G reps always have an air that they’re the smartest people in the room. We can all imagine what that’s like after being in this thread with rufus year after year lol.

They're the richest conference so they feel entitled. 

The richest schools are in the SEC. A&M has been number 1 several times.

Big 10 has more money as a conference. 

Right now. The most popular conference and the one that every major broadcasting company wants to be aligned with is the SEC. That contract will blow out the Big’s easily.

Right now is where we are lol. 

9/18/20 11:24 AM
7/15/11
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

B1G voted unanimously to have football this Fall. Will be announced later this morning.

Yeah they’re not playing until late October. They will not be included in the playoffs and they shouldn’t be. The losers THOUGHT they were in charge. Talk about a massive wake up call.

Put it this way.. I’ve read that when these conferences are together the B1G reps always have an air that they’re the smartest people in the room. We can all imagine what that’s like after being in this thread with rufus year after year lol.

Right now. The most popular conference and the one that every major broadcasting company wants to be aligned with is the SEC. That contract will blow out the Big’s easily.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/09/12/college-football-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/

From a year ago.. September 2019. It’s Forbes so I’d assume they’re being impartial. The SEC looks like the top dog, no??

9/19/20 10:04 AM
3/20/11
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2019/09/12/college-football-most-valuable-clemson-texas-am/

From a year ago.. September 2019. It’s Forbes so I’d assume they’re being impartial. The SEC looks like the top dog, no??

Looks like those are teams. Not conferences. 

9/19/20 1:37 PM
2/22/11

Okie state not looking good, so much for my wildcard 

9/19/20 1:46 PM
11/9/05

Apparently the Pac-12 was close to announcing an October 31 start date, but UCLA bitched and moaned about not being ready. 

Jesus, Chip...

9/19/20 2:26 PM
7/15/11
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

Right....

9/19/20 2:26 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -

Apparently the Pac-12 was close to announcing an October 31 start date, but UCLA bitched and moaned about not being ready. 

Jesus, Chip...

Wtf? This can’t be a serious post

Edited: 9/19/20 3:28 PM
11/9/05

It is.

Furthermore, coaches are losing their fucking minds over the conference having no coherent plan.

If games start, how many will be played? How will the conference help teams navigate covid landscapes in their state? How do teams plan for and adhere to a season that has zero structure?

Coaches were informed months ago there would no season, and teams acted accordingly. Players were sent home, some hired agents and started prepping for the draft, and staffs went back to their families basically living an off-season life. This was compounded by certain states like Oregon and California implementing significant restrictions on schools ability to craft an off-season program. Then the BIG10 suddenly decides to play, and the Pac decides to move. They contact state governors (which should have been done long ago) and call up schools asking when they can be ready to play despite having no plan at all.

So there are a handful of coaches basically telling the conference to get its shit together or fuck off. I don't care about the contract protections currently protecting Larry Scott, if these schools don't do whatever to takes to oust that moron, they risk massive long term implications beyond what's already been lost.

9/19/20 4:41 PM
7/15/11

Unbelievable. Fuck all that nonsense. What Washington player’s if any fit into that “signed agents” category? Are there any other big name guys in the PAC that you know of? What a weird year..

9/19/20 6:29 PM
3/20/11
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
Flaboy239 -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

Right....

Theres school money and conference money. They're separate. Richest schools do not equal richest conference. Big 10 is the richest conference. Not debatable. I'm not a big 10 guy either. 

9/19/20 7:11 PM
7/15/11

The whole thing started with a post about how badly they’ve handled this ordeal. You throw out that they’re the “richest”. So what if they are FOR NOW. They found out they don’t run the show this year or any other for that matter. Clown leadership. I’m done with this conversation so like I said, right..

9/20/20 2:39 PM
11/9/05
Matrix -

Unbelievable. Fuck all that nonsense. What Washington player’s if any fit into that “signed agents” category? Are there any other big name guys in the PAC that you know of? What a weird year..

Yeah UW has lost a couple guys, and Oregon lost one of their best players a week or two ago.

9/20/20 3:23 PM
9/22/16
Ummmm... How bout dat Wolfpack?
9/20/20 5:16 PM
2/25/03
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

You don't think OSU will be in the playoffs if they go undefeated? LOL...

And yes, we're the smartest people in the room. :)

9/20/20 5:22 PM
7/15/11
rufus -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

Doesn’t matter what I think they shouldn’t be. Play 11 games like the other champions. Not that complicated.

And we know you think that. Unfortunately for you this year has proven quite the opposite.

9/20/20 5:31 PM
11/11/13
rufus -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

100% the BIG10 is in the CFBP if they complete there season. IF being the only question. 

A question they will no doubt answer, seeing as they are in fact, the smartest in the room.

9/21/20 1:30 AM
2/25/03
Matrix -
rufus -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
rufus -

Doesn’t matter what I think they shouldn’t be. Play 11 games like the other champions. Not that complicated.

And we know you think that. Unfortunately for you this year has proven quite the opposite.

But they will be, and you'll be proven wrong. So I'm right again.

9/22/20 1:24 PM
2/25/03

Oh, and I think an undefeated Badger team might make a case for 2 B1G teams in the playoffs (along with 1 loss OSU).

9/22/20 1:58 PM
9/22/16
rufus - 

Oh, and I think an undefeated Badger team might make a case for 2 B1G teams in the playoffs (along with 1 loss OSU).

You forget one thing: Notre Dame is playing a full 11-game schedule, with 3 of the games against teams currently in the top 25: UNC, Louisville, and Pitt. If Notre Dame goes undefeated, with even just one or two top-25 wins, no one-loss team will get in ahead of them. Not happening.
9/22/20 2:16 PM
3/29/13
AnthonyWeiner -
rufus - 

You forget one thing: Notre Dame is playing a full 11-game schedule, with 3 of the games against teams currently in the top 25: UNC, Louisville, and Pitt. If Notre Dame goes undefeated, with even just one or two top-25 wins, no one-loss team will get in ahead of them. Not happening.

And Clemson, probably twice

9/22/20 2:25 PM
2/25/03
AnthonyWeiner - 
rufus - 

ESPN's FPI, which is a pretty good metric, gives ND only a 11.6% chance of making the playoff. OSU is the second favorite (behind Clemson) at 67.5%, and WI is the fourth favorite at 38.3%

9/22/20 3:45 PM
7/15/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
AnthonyWeiner -
rufus - 

And Clemson, probably twice

I smell pussy tucking bitch.

9/22/20 3:46 PM
7/15/11
rufus -

Bwahaha! You were dropped on your head as a child.

9/22/20 5:09 PM
2/25/03
Matrix - 
rufus -

Not true. My mommy loved me. But take issue with ESPN's algorithm if you must.

9/22/20 5:17 PM
7/15/11
rufus -
Matrix - 
rufus -

Not true. My mommy loved me. But take issue with ESPN's algorithm if you must.

Lol she loved you so much bc of how bad she felt. It’s ok rufus it all makes sense now.