OtherGround Forums College Football 2020-2021 Thread

10/18/20 5:16 PM
8/18/06
Animal Chin -

You shouldn't be

Miss st and ole Mrs are not a&m

Are you sure.  That ole miss offenses is deadly.   Probably the best in the country.   Did you see what they did to Bama's defense?

10/18/20 5:22 PM
1/30/03
okiebug -
Animal Chin -

You shouldn't be

Are you sure.  That ole miss offenses is deadly.   Probably the best in the country.   Did you see what they did to Bama's defense?

ESPN was ready to have that fucker's babies. Greatest QB ever

6 interceptions later, they won't even mention his name

10/18/20 5:23 PM
1/30/03

And who the fuck leaves a guy in long enough to throw 6 interceptions?

How do you think the backup felt?

10/19/20 7:27 AM
4/21/09
Animal Chin -

The Lane train baby!

10/19/20 7:28 AM
9/22/16
Animal Chin - 

LMAO.
10/19/20 9:03 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -

You shouldn't be

It’s always a close game and you guys have been less than stellar. It appears as though they have a heartbeat this year so yeah I’m nervous. Halloween night too ffs!

10/19/20 11:39 AM
8/18/06

It's a strange year.  I think there's Clemson then everybody else.   You have no idea who's going to win from week to week.  I think the SEC isn't as top heavy as it's been in the past.  The big 12 is chaos and any mid major is extremely dangerous. 

10/19/20 12:55 PM
11/11/13

I'm calling a Clemson/Ohio State for the National Championship. 

OSU takes it.

10/19/20 1:09 PM
7/15/11
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

I'm calling a Clemson/Ohio State for the National Championship. 

OSU takes it.

Calling a team that hasn’t played a single game. Yeah that’s a 2020 move if I’ve ever seen one.

10/19/20 3:15 PM
7/4/08

Let’s not be so quick and annoint a Natty winner just yet. Clearly we’re overlooking the Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina who just beat UL, who beat Iowa St, who beat OU. 

10/19/20 8:57 PM
9/22/16
NC State broke back into the rankings this week, for the first time since 2018.

We might be 4-1, but this ain't a top 25 team.

Probably better than Tennessee, though.
10/20/20 1:48 PM
2/22/11

A&M has a great chance to go undefeated the rest of the way. Of course Mond will blow it one game, but still Optimistic. 

they should expand playoff it’s not fair big 10 is starting so late along with pac 12. Although I don’t think any team aside from Ohio state (maybe Harvard of Midwest too) is worthy. There are some decent teams of course, but a little too late in my opinion unless there is playoff expansion. 

10/20/20 1:48 PM
2/22/11
AnthonyWeiner - NC State broke back into the rankings this week, for the first time since 2018.

Best 4-1 team in nation aside from A&M! 

10/20/20 8:07 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -

A&M has a great chance to go undefeated the rest of the way. Of course Mond will blow it one game, but still Optimistic. 

they should expand playoff it’s not fair big 10 is starting so late along with pac 12. Although I don’t think any team aside from Ohio state (maybe Harvard of Midwest too) is worthy. There are some decent teams of course, but a little too late in my opinion unless there is playoff expansion. 

I want to agree with you about A&M but Mond will screw up imho. I hope I’m wrong bc they’ve got a pretty good team all things considered this year.

10/20/20 8:51 PM
2/5/06
HernanCortes - 

I think Ohio State will be a legit contender for a playoff spot, but that might be about it. They were preseason #2 before all the BS began.

Oregon had a shot, too, as the Ducks were #5 in one of the preseason polls. Even David Pollack, who hasn't exactly been a supporter of the Pac-12 the last couple years (understandably), said he thought Oregon was going to be a legit playoff contender w/ the returning D (9 of 11 coming back....that is, until the Pac-12 opted out).

However, I doubt the "top rated returning Secondary in the country" is going to be anything close to that now, since 3 of the 4 guys got sick of waiting around and decided to all opt out to prepare for the NFL draft, along w/ some other guys.

Talk about a lost opportunity.
10/20/20 8:55 PM
2/5/06
Matrix - 
HernanCortes -

I want to agree with you about A&M but Mond will screw up imho. I hope I’m wrong bc they’ve got a pretty good team all things considered this year.

You wanna post that video again of the SEC schedule before the BS happened, if it's still out there?

The one that ended w/ A&M "falling in love" w/ its 2020 schedule bc it was going to be a lot more manageable and not nearing as brutal as last year's? It was pretty damn funny.
10/20/20 9:03 PM
4/21/09
okiebug -

It's a strange year.  I think there's Clemson then everybody else.   You have no idea who's going to win from week to week.  I think the SEC isn't as top heavy as it's been in the past.  The big 12 is chaos and any mid major is extremely dangerous. 

It's def been odd. After Saturday Bama seems to have an easy path to Sec championship. My biggest takeaway from that game was Bama putting up there numbers it did on on the best D's in country. Maybe the best. That'sa matter of opinion though. 

10/20/20 11:50 PM
9/22/16
HernanCortes -
AnthonyWeiner - NC State broke back into the rankings this week, for the first time since 2018.

I swear, if we catch another 40-point beatdown from A&M in a bowl game, I'm going to curse the day RC Slocum was born.

10/21/20 9:43 AM
7/15/11
Thingading -
Matrix - 
HernanCortes -

You wanna post that video again of the SEC schedule before the BS happened, if it's still out there?

The one that ended w/ A&M "falling in love" w/ its 2020 schedule bc it was going to be a lot more manageable and not nearing as brutal as last year's? It was pretty damn funny.

It’s too painful Thing...

10/21/20 9:43 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner -
HernanCortes -

I swear, if we catch another 40-point beatdown from A&M in a bowl game, I'm going to curse the day RC Slocum was born.

Lmao

10/21/20 3:30 PM
2/5/06
Matrix - 
Thingading -
Matrix - 
HernanCortes -

Sorry man, didn't mean to cause that.

Seems 2020 is creating chaos and pain for a lot of schools.

I just hope the Pac-12 can get their games in and at least recover some of the lost revenue. Starting late and no wiggle room for postponements/cancellations.

10/21/20 7:27 PM
7/15/11
Thingading -
Matrix - 
Thingading -
Matrix - 
HernanCortes -

Sorry man, didn't mean to cause that.

Seems 2020 is creating chaos and pain for a lot of schools.

I just hope the Pac-12 can get their games in and at least recover some of the lost revenue. Starting late and no wiggle room for postponements/cancellations.

You’re good lol.

Yes, this year’s a shit sandwich and every day’s another bite.

10/24/20 10:12 AM
7/15/11

NC vs NC ST

How you feeling Weiner?

I’d love watching Mack lose another!

10/24/20 10:20 AM
7/15/11

http://espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30177093/alabama-crimson-tide-nick-saban-concedes-defense-no-longer-key-victory

"It used to be that good defense beats good offense. Good defense doesn't beat good offense anymore," Saban told ESPN on Friday. "It's just like last week. Georgia has as good a defense as we do an offense, and we scored 41 points on them [in a 41-24 Alabama win]. That's not the way it used to be. It used to be if you had a good defense, other people weren't going to score. You were always going to be in the game.

"I'm telling you. It ain't that way anymore."

There you go Okie. Straight from the myths mouth.

10/24/20 10:42 AM
9/22/16
Matrix - 

NC vs NC ST

How you feeling Weiner?

I’d love watching Mack lose another!

It's a top-15 team (UNC) versus an overrated team (NC State).

I think we're going to take a double-digit L. On a personal level, I like Mack Brown, but that's a guy who is an incredible recruiter, great coaching talent evaluator, who builds a fantastic program, and always loses the big one (with the exception of Vince Young bailing him out). Unfortunately for my Wolfpack, this isn't "the big one", and we will likely lose.