OtherGround Forums College Football 2020-2021 Thread

7/30/20 6:00 PM
11/15/07
Matrix - 
TFK_Mas Tisu -

Official now, SEC going conference only

I fully support OU players wearing “Horns Down” this year. Can you imagine Herman’s reaction?! Lol

Dude is under so much pressure that just might make him stroke out, lol

7/30/20 6:08 PM
12/23/02
Matrix -

Please tell me this isn't true? For fucks sake.

7/30/20 6:45 PM
11/15/07

Imagine some player wanting to put NRA or some other 2A support org. on their jersey

7/30/20 7:08 PM
7/15/11
ChimpFL -
Matrix -

Please tell me this isn't true? For fucks sake.

Crazy times

7/30/20 7:09 PM
7/15/11
TFK_Mas Tisu -
Matrix - 
TFK_Mas Tisu -

Official now, SEC going conference only

I fully support OU players wearing “Horns Down” this year. Can you imagine Herman’s reaction?! Lol

Dude is under so much pressure that just might make him stroke out, lol

Never mind then! We need that clown to stick around.

7/30/20 7:12 PM
6/8/10

Didn’t realize the new thread had started, I’m excited for the all SEC schedule. We came out pretty good picking up Kentucky and Tennessee. How do you Aggies feel about picking up the Gators?

7/30/20 7:45 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -

Didn’t realize the new thread had started, I’m excited for the all SEC schedule. We came out pretty good picking up Kentucky and Tennessee. How do you Aggies feel about picking up the Gators?

Most like it if it sticks. It’s still up in the air I believe.

7/30/20 7:57 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -
T Sauce -

Agreed it’ll be close. Talent is pretty much equal. Defensively slight edge to Florida, offensively in favor of A&M imo 

7/30/20 7:57 PM
12/23/02

So I guess no Texas vs LSU this year? No Georgia vs Georgia Tech Clemson vs South Carolina etc. I still will be kind of shocked if they even play any games at all. What do you guys think?

7/30/20 8:00 PM
6/8/10
Matrix -
T Sauce -

I thought Finebaum confirmed it on his show today. It’s probably the most intriguing game added to the schedule to me. Two teams that both think 2020 is their breakout year. I hope it’s early in the calendar. 

This is also an incredibly biased take but I think the LSU rebuild is being a bit over exaggerated. Obviously Brennan needs to step up, but the only groups with super limited experience are LB and TE. 3 RBs that all saw playing time last year, loaded at WR, O-Line returns 4 guys with starting experience, D-Line returns 3 starters and is as deep as its been in years and loaded at DB as always. I’ve watched a bunch of 2019 replays during quarantine and our offense wasn’t revolutionary but the execution was next level. I think the defense will take a few weeks to get in sync but will be fine by the home stretch. 

7/30/20 8:01 PM
2/22/11
ChimpFL -

So I guess no Texas vs LSU this year? No Georgia vs Georgia Tech Clemson vs South Carolina etc. I still will be kind of shocked if they even play any games at all. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately no LSU and ut. Conference only...it can work, don’t know if it will 

7/30/20 8:13 PM
6/8/10
HernanCortes -
ChimpFL -

Unfortunately no LSU and ut. Conference only...it can work, don’t know if it will 

Neither team has room to reschedule the game for the next few years either.

7/30/20 8:25 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -
HernanCortes -
ChimpFL -

Neither team has room to reschedule the game for the next few years either.

Makes sense that Herman was basically BEGGING for the A&M game this year lol

7/30/20 8:41 PM
12/23/02

Where is the aTm vs Gators game going to be played? Should be a hell of a matchup. Florida got a tough 2 addons with the aggies and Bama.

7/30/20 9:26 PM
7/15/11
ChimpFL -

Where is the aTm vs Gators game going to be played? Should be a hell of a matchup. Florida got a tough 2 addons with the aggies and Bama.

@ A&M

7/30/20 9:33 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

I thought Finebaum confirmed it on his show today. It’s probably the most intriguing game added to the schedule to me. Two teams that both think 2020 is their breakout year. I hope it’s early in the calendar. 

This is also an incredibly biased take but I think the LSU rebuild is being a bit over exaggerated. Obviously Brennan needs to step up, but the only groups with super limited experience are LB and TE. 3 RBs that all saw playing time last year, loaded at WR, O-Line returns 4 guys with starting experience, D-Line returns 3 starters and is as deep as its been in years and loaded at DB as always. I’ve watched a bunch of 2019 replays during quarantine and our offense wasn’t revolutionary but the execution was next level. I think the defense will take a few weeks to get in sync but will be fine by the home stretch. 

I’m hearing it would be the last game for us lol. @Bama.. LSU.. Florida.. 

F

M

L

7/30/20 10:20 PM
6/8/10
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

F

M

L

That is a murder’s row for the last 3 weeks. You would think they would want to front load the schedules in case games have to postponed due to outbreaks. 

7/30/20 10:33 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

F

M

L

That is a murder’s row for the last 3 weeks. You would think they would want to front load the schedules in case games have to postponed due to outbreaks. 

Tbh it’s fun in a way. There’s gonna be an asterisk on this season either way so we might as well put or shut up. I think it’ll be a great measuring stick. Hopefully our boys are ready to get it by then. Florida imo got the ultimate screw job.

7/30/20 11:06 PM
6/8/10

I’ll be interested to see how the playoff handles this season if we even have a playoff. This really would be the best season to do 8 teams if they could somehow pull it off. 

And I have 0 sympathy for Florida. They’ve always supported the stupid permanent cross division opponents bullshit, well congrats, here’s you reward. 

7/30/20 11:10 PM
12/23/02
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

F

M

L

Wow that is rough as hell. Auburn was supposed to end season vs LSU and at Bama but I was reading yesterday that they might make LSU at Auburn the first game of the season. A little different than Alcorn St. that we were supposed to open with lol

7/30/20 11:32 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -

I’ll be interested to see how the playoff handles this season if we even have a playoff. This really would be the best season to do 8 teams if they could somehow pull it off. 

And I have 0 sympathy for Florida. They’ve always supported the stupid permanent cross division opponents bullshit, well congrats, here’s you reward. 

I think they’ll abstain bc they’re gutless BUT if I’m wrong I agree an 8 team playoff makes perfect sense.

Lol on the Florida front! Get in where you fit in SEC East. Time for the “halves” to get a taste I suppose. Might that comment pull out our old friend? Hrmmmm....

Either way this season, IF IT HAPPENS AT ALL, will be interesting for sure. I’ll be watching on mute and trying to ignore the words on the backs of the most privileged college kids in America. Smdh..

7/30/20 11:35 PM
7/15/11
ChimpFL -
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

F

M

L

Wow that is rough as hell. Auburn was supposed to end season vs LSU and at Bama but I was reading yesterday that they might make LSU at Auburn the first game of the season. A little different than Alcorn St. that we were supposed to open with lol

Yeah the only consolation to any of this is POSSIBLY having some sort of a season. The NCAA won’t get their shit together so we’ll be stuck like the old old old days. 2020 and we’re stuck here.. Here’s hoping one of our teams is “claiming” a title!

7/31/20 8:35 AM
7/4/08

A thread on this already but fits here: 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/07/alabama-fan-harvey-updyke-poisoner-of-auburn-trees-dead-at-71.html

7/31/20 11:43 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

F

M

L

Shiiiiattt

7/31/20 12:02 PM
11/15/07

Frickin' Big 12 still lollygagging around