OtherGround Forums College Football 2020-2021 Thread

11/25/20 7:42 AM
7/1/15

11/25/20 7:56 AM
9/22/16
TFK_Mas Tisu - 

Thoughts on the playoff rankings? 

A huge push to make the Big 10 look better than it is, in the event Ohio State loses a game.
11/25/20 10:44 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner -
TFK_Mas Tisu - 

A huge push to make the Big 10 look better than it is, in the event Ohio State loses a game.

Wisconsin is out though, correct? If so that’s a huge blow to that conference. 

11/25/20 10:56 AM
9/22/16
Matrix - 
AnthonyWeiner -
TFK_Mas Tisu - 

People from Michigan and Ohio State are all about blowing each other.
11/25/20 10:58 AM
4/17/15
Fake Pie -
okiebug - 

Dabo is such a goof.

He is being a bit of a drama queen. Why in the world would FSU want to get out of that game? To protect their 2-6 record? Like a small school playing a big one, they want the revenue, the exposure and the small chance at an upset. They have more reasons to want to play than Clemson does. Call was made by medical staff not admin.

While I don't wish it, he will look like a fool if it turns out it spread already on the team.

He probably has a number of wins clause in his contract and the missing game will cost him money. 

11/25/20 11:00 AM
3/29/13
Thingading -
Matrix - 
Fake Pie -
okiebug - 

Dabo is such a goof.

He is being a bit of a drama queen. Why in the world would FSU want to get out of that game? To protect their 2-6 record? Like a small school playing a big one, they want the revenue, the exposure and the small chance at an upset. They have more reasons to want to play than Clemson does. Call was made by medical staff not admin.

While I don't wish it, he will look like a fool if it turns out it spread already on the team.

There was a rumor a Clemson player had been practicing with symptoms that whole week. I’m not sure what to think tbh.

Moronic statement by Dabo.

Per multiple reports, the postponement was due to one of HIS players testing positive, w/ the test info becoming available after the team arrived.

Plus, FSU is attempting to reschedule the game for Dec. 12th.

Unless he has proof FSU tried to avoid the game for any other reason, he should be taking a lot more heat for this.

They clearly tried to avoid the game, no other game has been cancelled due to a Friday test, not one single game.

Edited: 11/25/20 11:09 AM
12/2/05
Matrix -
Fake Pie -
okiebug - 

Dabo is such a goof.

There was a rumor a Clemson player had been practicing with symptoms that whole week. I’m not sure what to think tbh.

Not a rumor. Confirmed I believe. 

11/25/20 11:11 AM
12/2/05
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Thingading -
Matrix - 
Fake Pie -
okiebug - 

Dabo is such a goof.

Per multiple reports, the postponement was due to one of HIS players testing positive, w/ the test info becoming available after the team arrived.

Unless he has proof FSU tried to avoid the game for any other reason, he should be taking a lot more heat for this.

They clearly tried to avoid the game, no other game has been cancelled due to a Friday test, not one single game.

Did any of those have a player who practiced all week and then traveled with the team? 

Again I don't wish it but he'll look especially dumb if he has a lot more.positives now. No idea why they didn't sit a backup who had symptoms all week. 

11/25/20 11:24 AM
7/1/15

11/25/20 11:36 AM
12/2/05

Covid is afraid of saban. 

11/25/20 11:47 AM
9/22/16
Vegito Blue - 

Again?
11/25/20 11:55 AM
5/9/06
AnthonyWeiner -
Matrix - 
AnthonyWeiner -
TFK_Mas Tisu - 

People from Michigan and Ohio State are all about blowing each other.

Not everone thinks that way. 

A week ago I would have said tOSU should be 2 or 3. After the second half of Indiana game, I’m thrilled they are 4. Not saying they should have fallen farther, but that was a wake up call. 

and I also think Indiana & NW are legit, maybe Wisconsin and potentially Maryland. Not as legit as the t5, but just as legit as UGA, Auburn, Gators, Miami, UNC, etc. 

11/25/20 12:21 PM
12/15/09
rushinbear -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

Justin Fields with some absolute bone head throws today. 

No kidding. Two throws way up in the air as he’s being tackled. 

Indiana is pretty close to leading the nation in interceptions. Kinda amazing how QB's always make boneheaded throws against them.

11/25/20 12:23 PM
12/15/09
bluebelt4ever -
rushinbear -
Isaac Fookin' Nootin -

Justin Fields with some absolute bone head throws today. 

No kidding. Two throws way up in the air as he’s being tackled. 

Indiana is pretty close to leading the nation in interceptions. Kinda amazing how QB's always make boneheaded throws against them.

Oh wait, my bad. they do lead the nation in interceptions per game avg. almost 3

College Football Stats - College FB Team Interceptions per Game on TeamRankings.com

11/25/20 12:59 PM
2/5/06
Fake Pie - 
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Thingading -
Matrix - 
Fake Pie -
okiebug - 

Dabo is such a goof.

Did any of those have a player who practiced all week and then traveled with the team? 

Again I don't wish it but he'll look especially dumb if he has a lot more.positives now. No idea why they didn't sit a backup who had symptoms all week. 

The whole issue was due to one of Dabo's players testing positive. Not an FSU player - a freakin' Clemson player.

If Dabo's statement can not be supported by fact, he should be fined, esp during this time of peak Covid issues.

If it is determined that a Clemson player had been practicing with symptoms all week, traveled with the team and Dabo & Co. did nothing about it, and instead ignored the matter, the penalty for that should be worse than a fine.

And FSU is attempting to reschedule the game in two weeks - so it's not like they're trying to avoid the contest.

But there will be Dabo Sheep following him regardless. As we've seen.
11/25/20 1:40 PM
12/2/05

Pretty much no one is siding with Dabo:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30380088/clemson-florida-state-coach-battles-inevitable-challenges-playing-pandemic

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clemsons-dabo-swinney-should-be-better-than-his-petty-attacks-at-florida-state-over-a-safety-issue/

11/25/20 10:28 PM
11/11/13
AnthonyWeiner -
Vegito Blue - 

Again?

He never had it the 1st time. It was confirmed as a false positive.

11/26/20 8:21 AM
7/15/11
Fake Pie -

Pretty much no one is siding with Dabo:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30380088/clemson-florida-state-coach-battles-inevitable-challenges-playing-pandemic

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/clemsons-dabo-swinney-should-be-better-than-his-petty-attacks-at-florida-state-over-a-safety-issue/

Jimbo’s fault. Now we can move on!

;D

11/26/20 9:49 PM
7/15/11

11/26/20 9:50 PM
7/15/11

Sorry Thing but this is funny AF

11/26/20 11:02 PM
2/5/06
lol, it's all good.

There's a pretty solid chance the Ducks won't win the Pac-12 this year. And after how they looked last week, may very well not even win the Pac-12 North.

Those first CFP rankings were more than a little odd after the top 6 or so, though. Things like 3 teams w/ 2 Ls (including 2 from the Big 12) all ranked ahead of the current top and undefeated Pac-12 school is a bit much. Seems like their minds were made up about some things awhile ago.
11/27/20 7:10 PM
7/15/11

I’d like to buy any cyclone fans a beer and NC sucks a doubleheaded dildo. Looking forward to the Oregon game now.

11/27/20 11:46 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -

I’d like to buy any cyclone fans a beer and NC sucks a doubleheaded dildo. Looking forward to the Oregon game now.

Didn’t even realize Iowa state won lmao 

11/27/20 11:49 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -

You mean the Oregon State game?

11/28/20 12:02 AM
4/21/09
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

You mean the Oregon State game?

End of that game looked like neither team wanted to win. Also reminded me how bad pac12 refs suck.