OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/4/19 10:42 PM
7/15/11
cbia -
SgtJustinTeplitz - 

Anyone ever go to an Iowa home game? Love this tradition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UqYD_owgY

Watch this one.

It really is the coolest tradition out there. I hope A&M plays there one day and I’m able to go.

8/4/19 11:58 PM
3/13/08

Love it cbia

So cool you get to go to the Iowa games

8/5/19 2:32 AM
6/8/10
Fan of Fanboys - https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/

Still early but the 2020 classes are starting to shape up.

UGA appears to be lagging with their class only at #5 but no one in the top 12 currently has a smaller class and UGA's average rating would put them 3rd.

What Clemson is doing is pretty impressive. They have been winning for awhile with smaller classes and talent that overall was just above the top tier teams. Now they are killing it in recruiting too. They look to be a force to stay.

The Kendall Milton signing was nice, and with Zamir White being healthy, hopefully he will stay that way, UGA will keep the Running back U title. 

8/5/19 2:35 AM
6/8/10
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
itskrisdude -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -

Has Wisconsin even figured out who their QB is?

It’s not that blue chip true freshman? 

Looks like the backup from last year is ahead right now, but battle is still wide open. 

I don’t think Wisconsin is making much noise this year.

Mertz is very good. It wouldn’t shock me to see him get some quality time early. Midwest Harvard might make a little noise but I look for Ohio St. with Fields. He SHOULD NOT be playing though. Fake outrage is not a good reason.

two former UGA 5* QBs are playing for other teams this season. I'll be rooting for one and against the other

Fields of dreams can go choke somewhere

I still think it's funny Fromm basically sat them both down. 

8/5/19 2:51 AM
6/8/10
Animal Chin -

I do this every year.

Who's your freshman to watch?

Offense - Treylon Burks 6-3 220 WR  Morris got a very good class of WRs but I think he is easily the best of the group. 

Defense - Jalen Catalon 5-10 188 S Really didn't see this happening with all the offers he got. I feel like this kid is going to make an immediate impact.

Who ya got?

For UGA

Nakobe Dean, freshman inside linebacker. Kids a beast and trying to fill the gap Roquan Smith left.

Zamir White 5* red shirt freshman running back, coming off back to back acl injuries it will be interesting to see how he's recovered. 

Edited: 8/5/19 5:47 AM
3/29/13
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -
Interested to see how Lawrence follows up last season's NC performance. Curious if any school, other than prob A&M, is supposed to give Clemson any sort of test during their regular season schedule.

I guess you missed the Syracuse/Clemson games the past two regular season. 

We will be their toughest test AGAIN this year. 

I was at the game last year. Lawrence was hurt and didn't play the second half

I love the Dino hire and what he is building there. There were a lot of new coaching hires in the ACC a couple of years ago and it seems like Syracuse ended up with the best hire

Indeed we did. Dino’s the man and we’re building back to the old days of Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Donovan McNabb, etc. 

And wasn’t that the game we knocked Lawrence out of? Hard to say he was just hurt when the hurt came from the opposing team. 

Yeah you guys hurt a QB on a hit after he was 3 steps out of bounds, good job

Edited: 8/5/19 3:58 PM
2/22/11

Who is your breakout freshman for A&M, matrix? I feel like it’s going to be the tight end (Cupp) and one of our D linemen can’t recall the name, but from San Antonio area 

8/5/19 10:28 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -

Who is your breakout freshman for A&M, matrix? I feel like it’s going to be the tight end (Cupp) and one of our D linemen can’t recall the name, but from San Antonio area 

Lol that’s the exact two I named. Cupp and Leal

8/5/19 10:29 PM
7/15/11

8/5/19 10:29 PM
7/15/11

Yikes Michigan State

8/5/19 10:31 PM
11/9/05

That shit is hideous. But at least they’re not wearing Seahawk gloves this time.

8/6/19 12:14 AM
2/25/08
Matrix - 
cbia -
SgtJustinTeplitz - 

Anyone ever go to an Iowa home game? Love this tradition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7UqYD_owgY

Watch this one.

It really is the coolest tradition out there. I hope A&M plays there one day and I’m able to go.

Let me know if that ever happens and I will be your host.
8/6/19 6:41 PM
12/12/07
Meohfumado -

In.

No more season tix cuz fuck SC wanting a 20 grand donation to keep our seats, so get to watch more/better games this year.

Can’t wait for Swann to be Gone

8/6/19 7:54 PM
9/5/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -
Interested to see how Lawrence follows up last season's NC performance. Curious if any school, other than prob A&M, is supposed to give Clemson any sort of test during their regular season schedule.

I love the Dino hire and what he is building there. There were a lot of new coaching hires in the ACC a couple of years ago and it seems like Syracuse ended up with the best hire

Indeed we did. Dino’s the man and we’re building back to the old days of Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Donovan McNabb, etc. 

And wasn’t that the game we knocked Lawrence out of? Hard to say he was just hurt when the hurt came from the opposing team. 

This is false. You know it’s false. The gif is in the thread. 

8/6/19 7:59 PM
7/15/11

The evidence is right there Malvert. Are you blind? I don’t think it’s unforgivable but it’s definitely after he steps out. Need sound. When was the whistle?

Edited: 8/6/19 8:04 PM
11/9/05

Yeah, whistle didn’t blow until after the hit (if I recall correctly) and Lawrence didn’t do himself any favors by running back toward the field of play. I don’t think there was anything dirty about that shot.

8/6/19 8:14 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -

Yeah, whistle didn’t blow until after the hit (if I recall correctly) and Lawrence didn’t do himself any favors by running back toward the field of play. I don’t think there was anything dirty about that shot.

Yeah that’s why I asked. Thanks. Sorry Malvert. Carry on!

8/6/19 9:05 PM
9/5/11

We’re a meager team that is on the cusp of consistent competitiveness for the first time in two decades.

And they still look for reasons to kick us in the dick. 

That’s just sadism. 

8/6/19 9:21 PM
7/15/11
Malvert the Janitor -

We’re a meager team that is on the cusp of consistent competitiveness for the first time in two decades.

And they still look for reasons to kick us in the dick. 

That’s just sadism. 

I think if you lead off with that first paragraph you’re good. You did not sir.

8/6/19 9:30 PM
7/15/11

Either way I just know I tired of talking about this! Ready for them boys to get on the field and be about that action. College Football..  Can’t beat it!!

8/6/19 9:32 PM
10/18/16

Gotta go with them Dawgs. Gonna be a damn good year. 

8/6/19 9:46 PM
10/18/16
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor - 
Thingading -

I doubt I will ever get over that epic burn.

Used Wiki, actually. After backtracking so far from 2018, I seriously wondered if I would find even one other season this entire millennium.

There's no need to be "saddened and forlorn." But a touch of realism and objectivity is always a good thing.

Beating Clemson is realistic. 

We beat them the year before last and played them close as fuck last year. 

How the hell is that not realistic? 

I'll bet $50 they don't beat Clemson

Is this the first bet of the season on here?? God I love college football

8/6/19 9:54 PM
3/29/13
Malvert the Janitor -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -

This is false. You know it’s false. The gif is in the thread. 

Steps out at the 40 gets hit at the 45, what am I missing, it was even a big deal at the time that the ref missed the step out, should've been a late hit

8/7/19 6:55 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

Lol that’s the exact two I named. Cupp and Leal

I was recently talking to someone who had coached one of the new linemen, Leal, all 4 years of HS basically. Said he is a very intelligent kid aside from his football talent. 

8/7/19 8:21 AM
4/21/09

In late