OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/28/19 4:43 PM
7/24/19

UNC taking it to Clemson.

9/28/19 5:17 PM
3/29/13

It's time to get rid of this dumb cooffensive coordinator thing at Clemson, got 2 guys calling the same plays every week and they suck

9/28/19 5:23 PM
11/11/13

Devonta Smith with 8 catches 221 Yards and 4 TDs......at half time.

9/28/19 5:50 PM
11/9/05

Drops are killing me. Jesus.

9/28/19 5:53 PM
3/29/13

It's like Elliott and Scott go out every week and say "alright we're only running these 3 plays we've never practiced before" except it's always a bubble screen a run up the middle or a 50/50 ball

9/28/19 5:54 PM
2/5/06

Wow, USC/UW just went from what could have been a 6 point game to a 21 point lead in a hurry.

9/28/19 5:55 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -

Wow, USC/UW just went from what could have been a 6 point game to a 21 point lead in a hurry.

Feels good.

9/28/19 5:57 PM
6/30/14

I dunno what happened in the Washington v Cal game a couple of weeks ago but I think Washington might end up kicking themselves over it

That game was an outlier in their offensive output. And while it is a long season, and they have other tough games left on their schedule, I would hate for that early season loss to be the reason they miss the playoffs

Edited: 9/28/19 6:00 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys - I dunno what happened in the Washington v Cal game a couple of weeks ago but I think Washington might end up kicking themselves over it

That game was an outlier in their offensive output. And while it is a long season, and they have other tough games left on their schedule, I would hate for that early season loss to be the reason they miss the playoffs

It's just growing pains. There's talent there but you knew from the beginning there would be ups and downs before starting to reach their potential. 4 freshmen start on that D, WR's working with a new QB, etc.

Playing at 1AM didn't help either, but both teams had to so....

9/28/19 6:02 PM
7/24/19
itskrisdude -

Do you think Eason will play on Sunday's? He looks good to me.

3/29/13

You can't make this shit up 

deep ball

screen

sack, with 2 streaks on the right side and a screen on the left

how do they not fucking get it

1/2/07

Ole Miss sideline.  Coach Luke: We have to limit Jeudy and Ruggs if we want to win.  

Devonta Smith: Hold my cleats

9/28/19 6:03 PM
2/5/06

So, watching Eason raises the question:

Do you know why UW's backup QB quit the program after the coach's declared Eason the starter? Did he honestly think he should have gotten the gig and therefore got screwed?

If the dude couldn't beat out Jake freakin' Browning, then there was a 0% chance he was ever going to get the nod over Eason, who has got an NFL arm. Delusional much?

9/28/19 6:03 PM
11/9/05
Stro -
itskrisdude -

Yes.

His arm talent is unreal, and he's still getting a feel for things.

9/28/19 6:05 PM
2/22/11

Very impressed by North Carolina. Great game 

9/28/19 6:05 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -

Do you know why UW's backup QB quit the program after the coach's declared Eason the starter? Did he honestly think he should have gotten the gig and therefore got screwed?

If the dude couldn't beat out Jake freakin' Browning, then there was a 0% chance he was ever going to get the nod over Eason, who has got an NFL arm. Delusional much?

It's not delusion, it's college eligibility running out and wanting to play. He'll get a chance to start at Fresno Sate.

Yankoff was just a better fit in Kelly's system. Everyone saw that coming.

Edited: 9/28/19 6:06 PM
2/5/06
Stro - 
itskrisdude -

Sorry, quoted the wrong post.

That being, yes.

9/28/19 6:06 PM
6/30/14
Stro - 
itskrisdude -

Eason has been tabbed to play on Sundays since his junior year of high school
9/28/19 6:07 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 
Stro -
itskrisdude -

Yes.

I know odds are low but I would like to see him in college one more year. After this season he will have 4 years of college practice but only two years of gametime experience
9/28/19 6:09 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 
Stro -
itskrisdude -

Yes.

I know odds are low but I would like to see him in college one more year. After this season he will have 4 years of college practice but only two years of gametime experience

Agreed.

9/28/19 6:10 PM
7/24/19
Fan of Fanboys -
Stro - 
itskrisdude -

Eason has been tabbed to play on Sundays since his junior year of high school

Isn't he a transfer from a SEC school?

9/28/19 6:10 PM
2/5/06
HernanCortes - 

Tied w/ Clemson in the 4th?

9/28/19 6:12 PM
7/1/15
Thingading -
HernanCortes - 

Tied w/ Clemson in the 4th?

Yup. Crazy 

9/28/19 6:14 PM
2/5/06
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -

It's not delusion, it's college eligibility running out and wanting to play. He'll get a chance to start at Fresno Sate.

But he would seen this coming last year when Eason was presumably running the scout team.

Why did he not transfer then, or right after the season was over? Instead, came back this year. And then waited even longer until after the coach's decision? That tells me he thought he had a legit shot.

9/28/19 6:16 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -

But he would seen this coming last year when Eason was presumably running the scout team.

Why did he not transfer then, or right after the season was over? Instead, came back this year. And then waited even longer until after the coach's decision? That tells me he thought he had a legit shot.

Petersen gave him a legit shot, and he's been playing in the system since the Reagan administration.

He stayed because he loves UW and wanted the job. He competed, he lost, he left.