OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/28/19 8:01 PM
1/30/03
itskrisdude -
Animal Chin -
Thingading -
Huggsbear - 

The Mississippi State Bulldog almost got squashed by a Auburn player.

Yeah, I saw that. It looked like its leg might have got trapped for a bit under the player, but maybe not.

Anyway, it made me think of the UGA bulldog from 10 or so years ago, ironically also vs. Auburn.

Image result for dog bites football player gif

That was a sad deal. They euthanized him after that

I find that hard to believe.

Lol

9/28/19 8:04 PM
11/9/05

Got me, because that didn't seem completely out of the realm of possibility.

9/28/19 8:47 PM
9/22/16

NC State is going to lose this game if they don't start turning these drives into touchdowns. 1st-and-goal inside the FSU 10 twice, only two FGs to show for it.

9/28/19 9:25 PM
3/13/08
Thingading - 
Huggsbear - 

Yeah, I saw that. It looked like its leg might have got trapped for a bit under the player, but maybe not.

Anyway, it made me think of the UGA bulldog from 10 or so years ago, ironically also vs. Auburn.

Lol, awesome gif
9/28/19 9:27 PM
3/29/13
AnthonyWeiner - NC State is going to lose this game if they don't start turning these drives into touchdowns. 1st-and-goal inside the FSU 10 twice, only two FGs to show for it.

It's okay, Clemson will be their next victim

9/28/19 9:41 PM
4/21/09

So... At this point Jalen or Tua the Heisman frontrunner?

That's numbers are ridiculous as expected but do are Jalen's.

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

9/28/19 9:47 PM
3/29/13
Bam57Bam -

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

I almost wonder if Jalan hurts would lose the vote due to the fact he is at Oklahoma and they already had the last 2, like if it's deemed as less impressive now

9/28/19 9:51 PM
9/22/16

Does anybody remember when ESPN ranked a team that went 4-8 in 2018 in their preseason top 25? Good times.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25972286/updated-way-too-early-top-25-college-football-rankings

Cheers, Nebraska.

9/28/19 9:59 PM
7/15/11
Bam57Bam -

I'd probably keep Fields in that mix as well. Kid has a chance to be really good.

9/28/19 10:07 PM
6/30/14

so as of right now it looks like Oklahoma and Ohio St are the top two teams. LSU/UGA/Alabama/Clemson grouped behind them

And at the rate Alabama is going they will struggle to field a full team. They are being depleted with injuries.

Things can change but right now I would take the field over Alabama/Clemson winning the title this season

9/28/19 10:13 PM
6/30/14
Thingading - 
Huggsbear - 

you must be an old man

that was 20+ years ago. I was in middle school haha
9/28/19 10:15 PM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys - so as of right now it looks like Oklahoma and Ohio St are the top two teams. LSU/UGA/Alabama/Clemson grouped behind them

And at the rate Alabama is going they will struggle to field a full team. They are being depleted with injuries.

Things can change but right now I would take the field over Alabama/Clemson winning the title this season

It's still too early to tell, I truly believe Clemson only uses less than 10 plus before the playoff break, there's no way the offense is consistently that putrid every year until the playoffs 

9/28/19 10:18 PM
2/5/06
Fan of Fanboys - 
Thingading - 
Huggsbear - 

you must be an old man

that was 20+ years ago. I was in middle school haha

You beat me to it! Ha.

I just looked it up and it's from 1996. I wouldn't have remembered jack from what happened at school across the country from me back then.

I was way off in thinking it was only about 10 years ago. I prob saw like an anniversary clip on it or something....."about 10 or so years ago." lol
9/28/19 10:22 PM
12/29/12

So, do the rankings stay the same or change a bit come Monday?

9/28/19 10:22 PM
2/5/06

Sounds like it was a hell of a game, too. "Georgia wound up winning the game 56-49 in four overtimes, the first overtime game in Southeastern Conference history."

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/for-three-figures-of-famous-uga-v-bites-at-auburn/article_db6c0480-a75d-11e6-a10c-93a69d93e9a8.html

9/28/19 10:24 PM
6/30/14
Thingading - 

Sounds like it was a hell of a game, too. "Georgia wound up winning the game 56-49 in four overtimes, the first overtime game in Southeastern Conference history."

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/for-three-figures-of-famous-uga-v-bites-at-auburn/article_db6c0480-a75d-11e6-a10c-93a69d93e9a8.html

any win the deep south's oldest rivalry is a great win! especially for UGA in the 90s, when they sucked

pretty sure Kirby Smart was a player in 96. Will Muschamp might have been on that team too, can't remember when he graduated
9/28/19 10:26 PM
6/30/14
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
Fan of Fanboys - so as of right now it looks like Oklahoma and Ohio St are the top two teams. LSU/UGA/Alabama/Clemson grouped behind them

It's still too early to tell, I truly believe Clemson only uses less than 10 plus before the playoff break, there's no way the offense is consistently that putrid every year until the playoffs 

about the last week can say "too early to tell"

over 1/3 way through the season. depending on each team's bye week will be coming up on the halfway mark in a week or two

and I did preface by saying "so as of right now" too
Edited: 9/28/19 10:32 PM
2/5/06

Hey Fanboy, here is one from actually "10 or so years ago"......and I do remember this one. lol

Also, WTF is up w/ Auburn players and dogs at football games?

9/28/19 10:29 PM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 

about the last week can say "too early to tell"

over 1/3 way through the season. depending on each team's bye week will be coming up on the halfway mark in a week or two

and I did preface by saying "so as of right now" too

Yeah but Clemson is ass every year until like week 10 to be fair

9/28/19 10:33 PM
6/30/14
TXEMC1 - So, do the rankings stay the same or change a bit come Monday?

I'm a vocal supporter of fluid rankings. I hate not dropping teams in a win and I hate dropping a team just because they lost

I think you can move down in a win. and I think Clemson should drop to #2 or #3. and Clemson will struggle in polls because, as of now, they won't play any big games this season t get a boost to move back up. but they will potentially benefit from other highly ranked teams losing. the UGA/Auburn/LSU/Alabama foursome will sort itself out.
9/28/19 10:34 PM
6/30/14
Thingading - 

Hey Fanboy, here is one from actually "10 or so years ago"......and I do remember this one. lol

Also, WTF is up w/ Auburn players and dogs at football games?

oh shit, I remember that!

and they say dogs can detect good people from assholes...
9/28/19 10:34 PM
8/18/06
Bam57Bam -

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

9/28/19 10:39 PM
7/15/11

Auburn is a very good football team that is only going to get better. They're in that next tier imo. Bo Nix fits what Gus likes to do to a tee and that defense is legit.

9/28/19 10:42 PM
7/15/11
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

I realize that statement made your butt hurt but saying that offense is "much better" is a complete crock of shit. I'd take Bama's skill positions over Oklahoma's any day and I think very highly of Okies WR's.

9/28/19 10:48 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 

Auburn is a very good football team that is only going to get better. They're in that next tier imo. Bo Nix fits what Gus likes to do to a tee and that defense is legit.

you might be right. they certainly have as good of a resume as anyone else right now

they're just so ugly in everything they do. and they play florida next, who is also so ugly in everything they do