OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/28/19 10:53 PM
7/24/19
Bam57Bam -

So... At this point Jalen or Tua the Heisman frontrunner?

That's numbers are ridiculous as expected but do are Jalen's.

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

Jalen. Lincoln Riley is something else. 

9/28/19 10:53 PM
7/24/19

LSU is the best team in the Nation.

9/28/19 10:59 PM
3/29/13
Stro -

Louse has a football team?

9/28/19 11:00 PM
6/30/14
Stro - 

they have as good of an argument as anyone else right now

I hope they crush Florida and Auburn
9/28/19 11:03 PM
7/24/19
Fan of Fanboys -
Stro - 

they have as good of an argument as anyone else right now

I hope they crush Florida and Auburn

So crazy to see em with a great qb. Qb play always holds em back.

9/28/19 11:11 PM
2/5/06
Bam57Bam - 

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

If Hurts keeps this up, they might make an exception this year and just give it to Lincoln Riley.

I wouldn't even be upset. lol

9/28/19 11:12 PM
12/29/12
Fan of Fanboys - 
TXEMC1 - So, do the rankings stay the same or change a bit come Monday?

I'm a vocal supporter of fluid rankings. I hate not dropping teams in a win and I hate dropping a team just because they lost

I think you can move down in a win. and I think Clemson should drop to #2 or #3. and Clemson will struggle in polls because, as of now, they won't play any big games this season t get a boost to move back up. but they will potentially benefit from other highly ranked teams losing. the UGA/Auburn/LSU/Alabama foursome will sort itself out.

You didn't mention OU.
9/28/19 11:13 PM
4/21/09
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I'd probably keep Fields in that mix as well. Kid has a chance to be really good.

Also true. It's amazing watching some of these QBs.

Edited: 9/28/19 11:14 PM
4/6/19

was UNC right to go for 2 and not tie the game vs #1 clemson?

9/28/19 11:24 PM
2/5/06
Wayne Glamcock - 

Absolutely Yes, IMO.

I'm always in favor of the inferior team doing that late in a game.

The HC often catches hell if it fails. But when it works. he's the man. That's just how it goes. If UNC had won, we'd be inundated w/ clips and opinions of what a genius Mack Brown was for doing it.

The play call was questionable, but not the decision. I loved it.

9/28/19 11:26 PM
4/6/19
Thingading -
Wayne Glamcock - 

Absolutely Yes, IMO.

The HC often catches hell if it fails. But when it works. he's the man. That's just how it goes. If UNC had won, we'd be inundated w/ clips and opinions of what a genius Mack Brown was for doing it.

I guess so... go big when you got the chance to make the national stage. they're getting run just off the opportunity

9/28/19 11:29 PM
3/13/08

Come on Arizona 

Beat UCLA's ass...

UCLA 7 Arizona 3 early 

9/29/19 12:20 AM
3/13/08
Thingading -
Wayne Glamcock - 

Absolutely Yes, IMO.

Agree

man, what a nail biter

must admit... I thought Clemson would win by 28+... They better get their heads out of their butts because teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and even Penn State look ultra competitive this year... Trevor Lawrence's stock has took a big hit this year, but it doesn't seem his receivers are playing as well as they should (looking at you Higgins and Ross). Oh well, Clemson will be fine. They play Florida St next weekend. Might as well put the W in stone, then it's off to Louisville for The Tigers...

9/29/19 12:23 AM
3/13/08
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I'd probably keep Fields in that mix as well. Kid has a chance to be really good.

Was it Fan of Fanboys who was talking about how good Justin Fields was a couple of years back? Yes, I agree. Fields and Ohio St are very dangerous. Which is funny because Bosa should still be on their team and he's playing at all All-Pro level as a Rookie Defensiveman for the 49ers... 

9/29/19 12:33 AM
11/9/05

UCLA took Wazzu's soul.

9/29/19 1:22 AM
2/5/06

Yeah, I think you're right. Not sure how they can get over that.

9/29/19 1:40 AM
3/29/13
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Thingading -
Wayne Glamcock - 

Absolutely Yes, IMO.

Agree

man, what a nail biter

must admit... I thought Clemson would win by 28+... They better get their heads out of their butts because teams like Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn, LSU, Georgia, and even Penn State look ultra competitive this year... Trevor Lawrence's stock has took a big hit this year, but it doesn't seem his receivers are playing as well as they should (looking at you Higgins and Ross). Oh well, Clemson will be fine. They play Florida St next weekend. Might as well put the W in stone, then it's off to Louisville for The Tigers...

Definitely not Higgins, he has been lights out

9/29/19 1:45 AM
8/18/06
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

I realize that statement made your butt hurt but saying that offense is "much better" is a complete crock of shit. I'd take Bama's skill positions over Oklahoma's any day and I think very highly of Okies WR's.

First of all when did you become a woman about debating sports.?

Second, I said nothing about the talent.  As a matter of fact,  if you're right,  it proves my point.   OUs offense, meaning system,  schemes,  etc.  is a much better offense for any QB to play in.  

Second, as far as I know, Bama hasn't played the iron bowl this year.   Both teams have played inferior teams and Jalen is putting up better numbers. 

So stop projecting your butt hurt QB/coach feelings onto my comments. 

9/29/19 1:47 AM
8/18/06
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

Was it Fan of Fanboys who was talking about how good Justin Fields was a couple of years back? Yes, I agree. Fields and Ohio St are very dangerous. Which is funny because Bosa should still be on their team and he's playing at all All-Pro level as a Rookie Defensiveman for the 49ers... 

I think Ohio State is the best team in the nation.   Nobody is playing as well as they are I  every area.

9/29/19 1:49 AM
3/13/08

Damn it

Arizona's defense choking when the game is within their reach...

9/29/19 1:51 AM
8/18/06

9/29/19 1:52 AM
3/13/08
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I think Ohio State is the best team in the nation.   Nobody is playing as well as they are I  every area.

Yeah, to go into Nebraska and play lights out was incredible...

Auburn is looking impressive too... Some great teams that might give the big boys (Alabama/Clemson) a run for their money...
9/29/19 2:10 AM
2/22/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

Auburn is looking impressive too... Some great teams that might give the big boys (Alabama/Clemson) a run for their money...

I think Ohio state is better than last year. Better QB and even D line wirh that one blue chip player 

9/29/19 5:25 AM
8/18/06
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I think Auburn is as good as anyone.   I thought a couple of weeks ago that there were 8-10 teams that were far and away better than everyone else.  I'm not so sure now.

We thought A&M was really good for playing Clemson tough.  Then Auburn for the same reason.   Today Clemson barely slips by UNC and A&M barely escapes Arkansas.  Suddenly you question how good is Auburn really?  Although the Oregon win looks better than we thought.   Even Bama showed some flaws early against a not very good Ole Miss early. 

Texas lost to the only decent team they've played so we really don't know how good LSU is.  OU hasn't played anyone.  But I'm not sure Nebraska is any better than Texas Tech. 

Like I said, Ohio State is #1 from the eye test and statistics,  but Auburn is #1 based on quality of wins.

I thought Georgia wasn't as good as we thought because ND might have pulled that game out on a neutral field,  but it's now looking like ND is really better than we thought.   It could be a crazy year. 

Also, Wisconsin looked dominate until today.  I don't see them or anyone else from the big 10 challenging the Buckeyes.   They should cruise into the playoffs. 

9/29/19 7:33 AM
7/1/12
okiebug -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I think Auburn is as good as anyone.   I thought a couple of weeks ago that there were 8-10 teams that were far and away better than everyone else.  I'm not so sure now.

We thought A&M was really good for playing Clemson tough.  Then Auburn for the same reason.   Today Clemson barely slips by UNC and A&M barely escapes Arkansas.  Suddenly you question how good is Auburn really?  Although the Oregon win looks better than we thought.   Even Bama showed some flaws early against a not very good Ole Miss early. 

Texas lost to the only decent team they've played so we really don't know how good LSU is.  OU hasn't played anyone.  But I'm not sure Nebraska is any better than Texas Tech. 

Like I said, Ohio State is #1 from the eye test and statistics,  but Auburn is #1 based on quality of wins.

I thought Georgia wasn't as good as we thought because ND might have pulled that game out on a neutral field,  but it's now looking like ND is really better than we thought.   It could be a crazy year. 

Also, Wisconsin looked dominate until today.  I don't see them or anyone else from the big 10 challenging the Buckeyes.   They should cruise into the playoffs. 

While I agree that OSU will win the big 10, how can you say they look like the number one so far when they haven't played anybody?  You try to diminish some of the other teams based on who they've played, but the Buckeyes haven't played anybody good yet at all. Sure they beat the piss out of Nebraska but they are not a good football team at all.