OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/29/19 7:37 AM
7/15/11
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

So... At this point Jalen or Tua the Heisman frontrunner?

That's numbers are ridiculous as expected but do are Jalen's.

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

I realize that statement made your butt hurt but saying that offense is "much better" is a complete crock of shit. I'd take Bama's skill positions over Oklahoma's any day and I think very highly of Okies WR's.

First of all when did you become a woman about debating sports.?

Second, I said nothing about the talent.  As a matter of fact,  if you're right,  it proves my point.   OUs offense, meaning system,  schemes,  etc.  is a much better offense for any QB to play in.  

Second, as far as I know, Bama hasn't played the iron bowl this year.   Both teams have played inferior teams and Jalen is putting up better numbers. 

So stop projecting your butt hurt QB/coach feelings onto my comments. 

Let me ask you a question.. What in the ever living fuck would lead you to type that first sentence? I thought we WERE debating and your statement was ridiculous.

Oh and by the way if Lincoln's "Super System" is the best thing to ever hit college football, how many chips does he have? How many NC's has he played in? Now don't come back with the A&M BS which I know you'd love to do. Instead, focus on what is being said.

9/29/19 7:39 AM
7/15/11
Dst21 -
okiebug -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

I'd probably keep Fields in that mix as well. Kid has a chance to be really good.

Also true. It's amazing watching some of these QBs.

Was it Fan of Fanboys who was talking about how good Justin Fields was a couple of years back? Yes, I agree. Fields and Ohio St are very dangerous. Which is funny because Bosa should still be on their team and he's playing at all All-Pro level as a Rookie Defensiveman for the 49ers... 

I think Ohio State is the best team in the nation.   Nobody is playing as well as they are I  every area.

Yeah, to go into Nebraska and play lights out was incredible...

Auburn is looking impressive too... Some great teams that might give the big boys (Alabama/Clemson) a run for their money...

I think Auburn is as good as anyone.   I thought a couple of weeks ago that there were 8-10 teams that were far and away better than everyone else.  I'm not so sure now.

We thought A&M was really good for playing Clemson tough.  Then Auburn for the same reason.   Today Clemson barely slips by UNC and A&M barely escapes Arkansas.  Suddenly you question how good is Auburn really?  Although the Oregon win looks better than we thought.   Even Bama showed some flaws early against a not very good Ole Miss early. 

Texas lost to the only decent team they've played so we really don't know how good LSU is.  OU hasn't played anyone.  But I'm not sure Nebraska is any better than Texas Tech. 

Like I said, Ohio State is #1 from the eye test and statistics,  but Auburn is #1 based on quality of wins.

I thought Georgia wasn't as good as we thought because ND might have pulled that game out on a neutral field,  but it's now looking like ND is really better than we thought.   It could be a crazy year. 

Also, Wisconsin looked dominate until today.  I don't see them or anyone else from the big 10 challenging the Buckeyes.   They should cruise into the playoffs. 

While I agree that OSU will win the big 10, how can you say they look like the number one so far when they haven't played anybody?  You try to diminish some of the other teams based on who they've played, but the Buckeyes haven't played anybody good yet at all. Sure they beat the piss out of Nebraska but they are not a good football team at all. 

I completely agree with this. They look fantastic so far but it's impossible to tell who anyone really is this early in the season.

9/29/19 7:55 AM
6/30/14

In for chapter 2 Phone Post 3.0

9/29/19 7:56 AM
7/1/12
Matrix -
Dst21 -
okiebug -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

I'd probably keep Fields in that mix as well. Kid has a chance to be really good.

Was it Fan of Fanboys who was talking about how good Justin Fields was a couple of years back? Yes, I agree. Fields and Ohio St are very dangerous. Which is funny because Bosa should still be on their team and he's playing at all All-Pro level as a Rookie Defensiveman for the 49ers... 

I think Ohio State is the best team in the nation.   Nobody is playing as well as they are I  every area.

Auburn is looking impressive too... Some great teams that might give the big boys (Alabama/Clemson) a run for their money...

I think Auburn is as good as anyone.   I thought a couple of weeks ago that there were 8-10 teams that were far and away better than everyone else.  I'm not so sure now.

We thought A&M was really good for playing Clemson tough.  Then Auburn for the same reason.   Today Clemson barely slips by UNC and A&M barely escapes Arkansas.  Suddenly you question how good is Auburn really?  Although the Oregon win looks better than we thought.   Even Bama showed some flaws early against a not very good Ole Miss early. 

Texas lost to the only decent team they've played so we really don't know how good LSU is.  OU hasn't played anyone.  But I'm not sure Nebraska is any better than Texas Tech. 

Like I said, Ohio State is #1 from the eye test and statistics,  but Auburn is #1 based on quality of wins.

I thought Georgia wasn't as good as we thought because ND might have pulled that game out on a neutral field,  but it's now looking like ND is really better than we thought.   It could be a crazy year. 

Also, Wisconsin looked dominate until today.  I don't see them or anyone else from the big 10 challenging the Buckeyes.   They should cruise into the playoffs. 

While I agree that OSU will win the big 10, how can you say they look like the number one so far when they haven't played anybody?  You try to diminish some of the other teams based on who they've played, but the Buckeyes haven't played anybody good yet at all. Sure they beat the piss out of Nebraska but they are not a good football team at all. 

I completely agree with this. They look fantastic so far but it's impossible to tell who anyone really is this early in the season.

You won't get a good barometer on OSU until they play Wisconsin in a few weeks. They play #25 Michigan State this week but they aren't that strong of a test. 

Alabama's first test is next against A&M but they haven't looked great, so we might not get a clear answer until they play LSU. 

We'll get a better idea of Oklahoma when they play Texas in a couple weeks. 

The Clemson-UNC game may have been a fluke. Clemson had a nail biter against Syracuse last year too. But their schedule is a breeze the rest of the season, so we may not see them get tested again until the playoff 

if OSU takes care of business with Wisconsin then they will be in the playoff. Especially since other top teams (Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn) all have to play each other at some point. And Clemson should be undefeated and win the ACC. So they will be in. And if Oklahoma beats UT, they probably get in. So then you need to choose one from the SEC who are all going to be battling each other. Might be a one loss SEC team getting in. Point being, the season doesn't really start taking shape until later into November because of the SEC schedule. 

9/29/19 8:00 AM
7/1/12

I forgot to mention that Auburn does have to go into the swamp this weekend. No ones really talking about Florida but if they can win that one at home, then they start getting a lot of attention heading into the Georgia game. I do think Auburn wins that game though, but you never know what can happen 

9/29/19 8:06 AM
6/30/14
Dst21 -

I forgot to mention that Auburn does have to go into the swamp this weekend. No ones really talking about Florida but if they can win that one at home, then they start getting a lot of attention heading into the Georgia game. I do think Auburn wins that game though, but you never know what can happen 

Gameday too

I hope it ends in a tie. Or that a meteor destroys the stadium at halftime. Whatever works 

9/29/19 8:13 AM
7/1/12
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 -

Gameday too

I hope it ends in a tie. Or that a meteor destroys the stadium at halftime. Whatever works 

Bama fan right?  Florida could pull some upsets and make the SEC more interesting. They play back to back against Auburn and then at LSU and then have Georgia in a month. I think they lose all 3 but if they can win one or two of those. Things get interesting. 

9/29/19 8:24 AM
1/30/03
Dst21 -
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 -

Gameday too

Bama fan right?  Florida could pull some upsets and make the SEC more interesting. They play back to back against Auburn and then at LSU and then have Georgia in a month. I think they lose all 3 but if they can win one or two of those. Things get interesting. 

I think Florida is a little overated.

But I do think they got better when Franks went down. 

9/29/19 8:31 AM
6/30/14
Dst21 - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 -

Gameday too

UGA

I hate Florida and Auburn more than pretty much everyone

And I just feel Auburn and Florida are both ugly and neither are very good. They ugly/luck their way into wins and that both will be exposed and finish with 2+ losses each. Auburn though has proved that they have a lucky season every couple years so who knows
9/29/19 8:34 AM
7/1/12
Animal Chin -
Dst21 -
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 -

Gameday too

I think Florida is a little overated.

But I do think they got better when Franks went down. 

I agree Trask is better than Franks because he sees the field better and makes better decisions. Florida has been banged up too, but should have everyone back for Auburn besides Toney who has big play potential. 

9/29/19 8:38 AM
7/1/12
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 -

Gameday too

UGA

I hate Florida and Auburn more than pretty much everyone

And I just feel Auburn and Florida are both ugly and neither are very good. They ugly/luck their way into wins and that both will be exposed and finish with 2+ losses each. Auburn though has proved that they have a lucky season every couple years so who knows

Auburn might end with 3 losses with LSU, Bama and Georgia. Florida should have 3 as well. But you never know how those games could go. 

9/29/19 9:50 AM
7/15/11

"Surrender Camel"
9/29/19 9:51 AM
1/30/03

Oh my

Edited: 9/29/19 9:52 AM
4/21/09
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Dst21 -

Gameday too

There has never been a truer statement.

9/29/19 10:25 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -

Oh my

It's an Arky chick. That's at Jerry's world yesterday lol

9/29/19 10:26 AM
2/22/11

No, this clemson team is better than last year remember?! 

9/29/19 10:58 AM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -

Oh my

There are some nice ones in Fayetteville

9/29/19 11:10 AM
1/5/07
Matrix - 
Animal Chin -

Oh my

When they showed her during the game I thought she deserved a mention on this thread.
9/29/19 11:53 AM
7/15/11
B Sharps -
Matrix - 
Animal Chin -

Oh my

When they showed her during the game I thought she deserved a mention on this thread.

Absolutely. She's a sexy little thing and that camera man looked for his prey and struck when the time was right. He's a hero living amongst us.

9/29/19 12:57 PM
6/8/10

The Auburn/Florida/LSU log jam will be sorted out before November. Auburn vs Florida next week, Florida vs LSU the week after and Auburn vs LSU two weeks after that. Luckily LSU gets both at home. 

9/29/19 1:14 PM
8/18/06
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

I realize that statement made your butt hurt but saying that offense is "much better" is a complete crock of shit. I'd take Bama's skill positions over Oklahoma's any day and I think very highly of Okies WR's.

First of all when did you become a woman about debating sports.?

Second, I said nothing about the talent.  As a matter of fact,  if you're right,  it proves my point.   OUs offense, meaning system,  schemes,  etc.  is a much better offense for any QB to play in.  

Second, as far as I know, Bama hasn't played the iron bowl this year.   Both teams have played inferior teams and Jalen is putting up better numbers. 

So stop projecting your butt hurt QB/coach feelings onto my comments. 

Let me ask you a question.. What in the ever living fuck would lead you to type that first sentence? I thought we WERE debating and your statement was ridiculous.

Oh and by the way if Lincoln's "Super System" is the best thing to ever hit college football, how many chips does he have? How many NC's has he played in? Now don't come back with the A&M BS which I know you'd love to do. Instead, focus on what is being said.

Lol, talk about pot calling the kettle.   You led with something dismissive so I did.  Second, I never said super system and even clarified by saying better offense for a QB.  So you might want to take your own focus advice.

And by the way.  It currently is the best offense in college football.  Nobody but maybe you would argue that.  The last 2 QBs won the heisman trophy and went number 1 in the draft.  2 weeks ago there was a 4 offensive NFL starters on offense in one game.  I can go gather all the videos of people saying including Klatt who called Lincoln the greatest offensive mind he has ever seen college or pro.

And to answer what your other intended rhetorical question,  obviously the reason they haven't won a playoff game was defense and I know because nobody ton television will let me forget it.

OU held Texas tech to 27 passing yards in the first half and urban still talked about OUs defense being bad.

9/29/19 1:20 PM
8/18/06
Dst21 -
okiebug -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

Yeah you may be right.   I was saying Auburn probably deserves #1 because of that.   I probably wasn't clear enough.   It's just my opinion that Ohio state is the best by watching them.  They just look really good everywhere.   That said I agree.   That's why I said OU hasn't played anyone and Nebraska probably isn't better than tech who OU beat in the same manner. 

I do agree it's too hard to tell who is #1 but I'm pretty sure it's not Clemson. 

9/29/19 1:24 PM
3/29/13
okiebug -
Dst21 -
okiebug -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Bam57Bam -
Matrix -
Bam57Bam -

Yeah you may be right.   I was saying Auburn probably deserves #1 because of that.   I probably wasn't clear enough.   It's just my opinion that Ohio state is the best by watching them.  They just look really good everywhere.   That said I agree.   That's why I said OU hasn't played anyone and Nebraska probably isn't better than tech who OU beat in the same manner. 

I do agree it's too hard to tell who is #1 but I'm pretty sure it's not Clemson. 

You people never leaven do you you? Get ready for history to repeat itself for the 3rd time in 4 years.... Lol

9/29/19 3:47 PM
8/18/06

I did leaven that Clemson is overrated right now.

9/29/19 4:01 PM
1/1/01
Bam57Bam -

how about the fact that Texas scored more points against LSU's defense then they did against Oklahoma State?  Oh yea real stats don't matter, SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!!!!!