OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/29/19 4:40 PM
8/18/06
Tommy Gunnz -
Bam57Bam -

So... At this point Jalen or Tua the Heisman frontrunner?

That's numbers are ridiculous as expected but do are Jalen's.

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

how about the fact that Texas scored more points against LSU's defense then they did against Oklahoma State?  Oh yea real stats don't matter, SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!!!!!

Boom.  Stop poking holes in the dominate SEC defense myth.

9/29/19 4:40 PM
7/15/11
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

I give the nod to Tua only because he's not playing big 12 defenses weekly. And he is doing it with an offensive coordinator who has basically been run off from every job he's had the last 5+years.

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

I realize that statement made your butt hurt but saying that offense is "much better" is a complete crock of shit. I'd take Bama's skill positions over Oklahoma's any day and I think very highly of Okies WR's.

First of all when did you become a woman about debating sports.?

Second, I said nothing about the talent.  As a matter of fact,  if you're right,  it proves my point.   OUs offense, meaning system,  schemes,  etc.  is a much better offense for any QB to play in.  

Second, as far as I know, Bama hasn't played the iron bowl this year.   Both teams have played inferior teams and Jalen is putting up better numbers. 

So stop projecting your butt hurt QB/coach feelings onto my comments. 

Let me ask you a question.. What in the ever living fuck would lead you to type that first sentence? I thought we WERE debating and your statement was ridiculous.

Oh and by the way if Lincoln's "Super System" is the best thing to ever hit college football, how many chips does he have? How many NC's has he played in? Now don't come back with the A&M BS which I know you'd love to do. Instead, focus on what is being said.

Lol, talk about pot calling the kettle.   You led with something dismissive so I did.  Second, I never said super system and even clarified by saying better offense for a QB.  So you might want to take your own focus advice.

And by the way.  It currently is the best offense in college football.  Nobody but maybe you would argue that.  The last 2 QBs won the heisman trophy and went number 1 in the draft.  2 weeks ago there was a 4 offensive NFL starters on offense in one game.  I can go gather all the videos of people saying including Klatt who called Lincoln the greatest offensive mind he has ever seen college or pro.

And to answer what your other intended rhetorical question,  obviously the reason they haven't won a playoff game was defense and I know because nobody ton television will let me forget it.

OU held Texas tech to 27 passing yards in the first half and urban still talked about OUs defense being bad.

"Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now."

This is the statement I responded to. 99% of the people on here would disagree with this statement. You want to argue that? Stop being a homer and open you eyes.

BTW AGAIN... I love Oklahoma's WR's and Lincoln is fantastic. Chip was a great offensive in his era and didn't win a chip. Why? Defense..

Edited: 9/29/19 4:42 PM
7/15/11
Tommy Gunnz -
Bam57Bam -

how about the fact that Texas scored more points against LSU's defense then they did against Oklahoma State?  Oh yea real stats don't matter, SEC SEC SEC!!!!!!!!!!

LSU won the game. How'd y'all do? You let me down Cletus!

9/29/19 4:44 PM
8/18/06
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

What awesome defenses has bama faced?  And Jalen had just as many OCs.  Fact is Jalen is playing in a much better offense right now.

I realize that statement made your butt hurt but saying that offense is "much better" is a complete crock of shit. I'd take Bama's skill positions over Oklahoma's any day and I think very highly of Okies WR's.

Second, I said nothing about the talent.  As a matter of fact,  if you're right,  it proves my point.   OUs offense, meaning system,  schemes,  etc.  is a much better offense for any QB to play in.  

Second, as far as I know, Bama hasn't played the iron bowl this year.   Both teams have played inferior teams and Jalen is putting up better numbers. 

Let me ask you a question.. What in the ever living fuck would lead you to type that first sentence? I thought we WERE debating and your statement was ridiculous.

Oh and by the way if Lincoln's "Super System" is the best thing to ever hit college football, how many chips does he have? How many NC's has he played in? Now don't come back with the A&M BS which I know you'd love to do. Instead, focus on what is being said.

Lol, talk about pot calling the kettle.   You led with something dismissive so I did.  Second, I never said super system and even clarified by saying better offense for a QB.  So you might want to take your own focus advice.

And by the way.  It currently is the best offense in college football.  Nobody but maybe you would argue that.  The last 2 QBs won the heisman trophy and went number 1 in the draft.  2 weeks ago there was a 4 offensive NFL starters on offense in one game.  I can go gather all the videos of people saying including Klatt who called Lincoln the greatest offensive mind he has ever seen college or pro.

And to answer what your other intended rhetorical question,  obviously the reason they haven't won a playoff game was defense and I know because nobody ton television will let me forget it.

OU held Texas tech to 27 passing yards in the first half and urban still talked about OUs defense being bad.

This is the statement I responded to. 99% of the people on here would disagree with this statement. You want to argue that? Stop being a homer and open you eyes.

BTW AGAIN... I love Oklahoma's WR's and Lincoln is fantastic. Chip was a great offensive in his era and didn't win a chip. Why? Defense..

Yeah, everyone is jumping in on your side if the argument.   You have to be trolling out of frustration. 

Do me a favor.   Google best college football offense.   Start there and start learning. 

9/29/19 4:51 PM
7/15/11
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

Yeah, everyone is jumping in on your side if the argument.   You have to be trolling out of frustration. 

Do me a favor.   Google best college football offense.   Start there and start learning. 

Jesus are serious right now?

Did you say, "He's playing in the best offense in the nation?" No you did not. I feel like I'm talking to Orcus right now.

9/29/19 4:58 PM
8/18/06
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

Did you say, "He's playing in the best offense in the nation?" No you did not. I feel like I'm talking to Orcus right now.

Dude, take it easy.  I don't know what you're trying to say.  I simply said Jalen is in a much better offense.   Statistically,  it's true.

Again, for a QB it couldn't be better.   Heisman,  draft, all that.   We won't even begin to get into what a massive failure Saban's QBs have been in the NFL.

All you are saying is that you and you fictional online army disagree.   

Show me some counter point or fact that contradicts in some way what I said. 

9/29/19 5:07 PM
3/29/13
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

Dude, take it easy.  I don't know what you're trying to say.  I simply said Jalen is in a much better offense.   Statistically,  it's true.

Again, for a QB it couldn't be better.   Heisman,  draft, all that.   We won't even begin to get into what a massive failure Saban's QBs have been in the NFL.

I've been a firm believer most of my life if a very large percentage of people thing you are crazy, and wrong, you're probably crazy and wrong. Good luck watching Oklahoma lose in the first round again if they make it tho 

9/29/19 5:08 PM
7/15/11

Nah I'm good. I don't need numbers or stats to prove that statement is false (They're there I assure you) and we're talking about the team Jalen left. He didn't want to leave mind you. He got beat out. "Much better" lmfao. How many points did that offense hang on y'all before they throttled back?

Sorry I said you were butt hurt. It obviously struck a nerve. I thought we were all men here..

I'm done with this pointless convo. Good luck champ.

9/29/19 5:10 PM
7/15/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

I've been a firm believer most of my life if a very large percentage of people thing you are crazy, and wrong, you're probably crazy and wrong. Good luck watching Oklahoma lose in the first round again if they make it tho 

I like him but he's delusional as hell with that statement. Saying better would have been acceptable buck adding "much" is pure garbage. Tua and those WR's along with a stacked RB stable is insane. Clemson's D last year was one of the few that could contain them. Tua looked lost.

9/29/19 5:15 PM
8/18/06
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

Crazy an wrong about what?

9/29/19 5:22 PM
8/18/06
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

I like him but he's delusional as hell with that statement. Saying better would have been acceptable buck adding "much" is pure garbage. Tua and those WR's along with a stacked RB stable is insane. Clemson's D last year was one of the few that could contain them. Tua looked lost.

Wait, are you saying that your intense disagreement has been over the use of "much"?

9/29/19 5:27 PM
7/15/11
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

Wait, are you saying that your intense disagreement has been over the use of "much"?

"Better" would be something I could see you saying. You're an absolutely over the top sooner so it would make sense. I don't agree but I'd probably just roll my eyes and move on. Saying "Lincoln is by far the best play caller Jalen's had" is something I'd probably be on board with but AGAIN your statement, the way you said it was fucking retarded. Not sure why I typed this but there you go.

Edited: 9/29/19 5:28 PM
7/15/11

Sorry for this stupid chain fellas. I'm logging out.

9/29/19 5:31 PM
8/18/06
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

"Better" would be something I could see you saying. You're an absolutely over the top sooner so it would make sense. I don't agree but I'd probably just roll my eyes and move on. Saying "Lincoln is by far the best play caller Jalen's had" is something I'd probably be on board with but AGAIN your statement, the way you said it was fucking retarded. Not sure why I typed this but there you go.

Ok let's end it with a compromise of "much better ".

I'm kidding.   We can drop it.

9/29/19 6:50 PM
1/2/07

So much PMS on this page.  Ranking right now aren't that important.  Let's get down to week 9 or 10 before we worry about this.

9/29/19 6:53 PM
2/22/11
EnderinAK -

So much PMS on this page.  Ranking right now aren't that important.  Let's get down to week 9 or 10 before we worry about this.

I think it's fair to say the SEC is wide open. 

ohio state or Wisconsin 

clemson still 

and another fourth SEC team? Over a big 12 team unless OU wins out. 

The next few weeks will be awesome, and don't forget Bama still has A&M and Auburn and LSU still has Bama and A&M 

9/29/19 6:53 PM
2/22/11

I'm just waiting for the cowboys game. 

also, don't be surprised if Baylor makes some noise in big 12 

9/29/19 6:58 PM
7/1/15

Yeah rankings don't mean dick yet. They'll sort themselves out by the end of the season. The top 5 to me are Alabama Ohio State Georgia LSU and Clemson or Oklahoma. Still too early to stress out over rankings though 

9/29/19 9:14 PM
11/23/02
Bean Bag - Boomer....everyone else is playing for second.

I wasn't lying. Boomer!
9/29/19 10:27 PM
4/21/09
Bean Bag -

I wasn't lying. Boomer!

Let's maybe hold off until they play something other than a high school defense.

Still, I'm so happy for Jalen. He deserves everything positive that comes his way. Such a good dude.

9/29/19 11:31 PM
2/22/11
Bam57Bam -
Bean Bag -

I wasn't lying. Boomer!

Let's maybe hold off until they play something other than a high school defense.

Still, I'm so happy for Jalen. He deserves everything positive that comes his way. Such a good dude.

Iowa state and Baylor are probably the toughest on defense from what I've seen in big 12 play this year. 

9/29/19 11:32 PM
2/22/11

And SMU is finally in top 25! 

9/29/19 11:38 PM
3/11/09

Everybody sleeping on Penn state. They have 1 of the best defenses in college football right now. 

9/30/19 5:49 AM
3/29/13
okiebug -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Matrix -
okiebug -
Bam57Bam -

Crazy an wrong about what?

The highest ranked defense Oklahoma has played is #66 none of the others are even top 100, yet you're trying to concince everyone here that they are "much better than Alabama" that is a stupid statement and there is really nothing at all to back that up, people can shit talk the acc all they want but Oklahoma has quite literally played 4 FCS defenses 

9/30/19 7:40 AM
5/9/06
Diabeetus - 

Everybody sleeping on Penn state. They have 1 of the best defenses in college football right now. 

Throw Wisonsin in there too. Both are tough teams right now.