OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/30/19 7:43 AM
3/29/13

Man I walked into work today to find out they'd hired a new guy and as soon as I go to meet him before I even walk in the door I hear him saying "imagine if Clemson had to play an SEC schedule" and I already don't like him, he also said Texas A&M does not count as an sec team and Clemson besting Alabama was a fluke, I hope he never gets put on a project with me lol I'm not sure I could handle that for 10 hours a day

9/30/19 7:46 AM
5/9/06
Matrix - 

"Surrender Camel"

This is a quality post and I respect your opinion

9/30/19 8:07 AM
1/2/07
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Man I walked into work today to find out they'd hired a new guy and as soon as I go to meet him before I even walk in the door I hear him saying "imagine if Clemson had to play an SEC schedule" and I already don't like him, he also said Texas A&M does not count as an sec team and Clemson besting Alabama was a fluke, I hope he never gets put on a project with me lol I'm not sure I could handle that for 10 hours a day

LOL.  I am a Bama homer and his could someone say Clemson's win was a fluke?

9/30/19 8:13 AM
3/29/13
EnderinAK -

Definitely not a good game, and I don't mind the criticism they earned that Saturday, but this man was shouting literally every SEC thing I have ever heard, even the ones we say on this thread as a joke he was bringing up lol, I knew there were some biased people but I had no idea people like him really existed, that's a first for me

9/30/19 8:44 AM
5/9/06
EnderinAK - 

This is why I get salty about SEC fans.  The SEC is clearly fantastic, but some of thier fans get a tad bit carried away.

9/30/19 8:55 AM
7/15/11

You got a real winner there lol

9/30/19 9:10 AM
3/29/13
Matrix -

You got a real winner there lol

I legit met him and all he talked about was football and how Clemson sucks, never even told me his name

9/30/19 9:11 AM
1/2/07
Morgz -
EnderinAK - 

This is why I get salty about SEC fans.  The SEC is clearly fantastic, but some of thier fans get a tad bit carried away.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was some bad luck for the game to get out of hand like it did.  Alabama moved the ball at will most of the game but Clemson made the long 3rd down conversions time after time and Alabama got stalled in the red zone time and time again.  So I don't feel like it was Alabama being outmatched but they were definitely outplayed and Clemson winning was no fluke.  The annoying thing is Clemson plays to their competition often so you see games like their last game or how they played South Carolina, A&M and Syracuse last year but then it feel slike they were prepping for Bama all year as they come in and peak at the perfect time.

9/30/19 9:13 AM
3/29/13

Also when he said Texas A&M never deserved to be in the sec I asked him how they beat Alabama and his response was "you Clemson fans are the same as Tennessee fans always bring up the past" lol I left the room at that point

9/30/19 9:22 AM
6/30/14

I like that guy. Talks in circles, jumps from A to G, think C is irrelevant, probably roots for a school that has zero conference championships or major bowl wins but thinks his team could win any other conference

9/30/19 9:29 AM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys - I like that guy. Talks in circles, jumps from A to G, think C is irrelevant, probably roots for a school that has zero conference championships or major bowl wins but thinks his team could win any other conference

He was an Alabama fan that has never been to the state of Alabama, literally the worst type of person 

9/30/19 9:52 AM
6/30/14
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
Fan of Fanboys - I like that guy. Talks in circles, jumps from A to G, think C is irrelevant, probably roots for a school that has zero conference championships or major bowl wins but thinks his team could win any other conference

He was an Alabama fan that has never been to the state of Alabama, literally the worst type of person 

Does he like the Lakers and Yankees too?
9/30/19 10:06 AM
6/30/14

Random CFB numbers/stats, per The Athletic:

It was also a strong day for the Sooner defense. Texas Tech went 1-for-14 on third down, its worst single-game effort since going 0-for-10 against Oklahoma State in 2005 (min. 10 attempts).

It was Oklahoma's best defensive third-down performance since holding Oklahoma State to 0-for-14 in 2009. The 16 points were the fewest the Sooners have allowed to Texas Tech since 2010. Oklahoma hasn't allowed a point in the first quarter this season.

Saturday was the first time Clemson and Alabama both trailed after the first quarter on the same day since Nov. 6, 2010. That season was the last time Clemson failed to win at least 10 games and the last time Alabama failed to make a BCS or College Football Playoff game.

Ohio State has won four consecutive games by at least 40 points, tying 1974 Ohio State for the longest such streak by a Big Ten team since the end of World War I.

Wisconsin's defense scored two touchdowns against Northwestern and has allowed four all season.

Virginia Tech's 45-10 loss to Duke was the Hokies' worst home loss since 1974 and worst conference home loss since 1950.

Penn State has outscored Maryland 163-6 over the last three years.

Maryland scored 142 combined points in its first two games this season and 17 in the next two.

The Pac-12 won't have an undefeated team in October for the first time since it expanded to 12 teams in 2011

South Florida won 15 of its first 17 games against FBS opponents under Charlie Strong and since has lost its last nine.

9/30/19 11:10 AM
5/9/06

Also when he said Texas A&M never deserved to be in the sec I asked him how they beat Alabama and his response was "you Clemson fans are the same as Tennessee fans always bring up the past" lol I left the room at that point

I wonder how he feels about Tennesee, KY,  Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss & South Carolina.  Do they deserve to be in the SEC?

9/30/19 11:13 AM
11/23/02
HernanCortes - 
Bam57Bam -
Bean Bag -
Bean Bag - Boomer....everyone else is playing for second.

I wasn't lying. Boomer!

Let's maybe hold off until they play something other than a high school defense.

Still, I'm so happy for Jalen. He deserves everything positive that comes his way. Such a good dude.

Iowa state and Baylor are probably the toughest on defense from what I've seen in big 12 play this year. 

I can't wait until they play Texas in 2 weeks. Even though ut will have some key play out on injury, it will be a better litmus test to how good Jalen is and more importantly, if the defense is for real.

Also, I don't think Bama makes to the playoffs this year.
9/30/19 11:17 AM
1/25/19
EnderinAK - 
Morgz -
EnderinAK - 

Don't get me wrong, I think it was some bad luck for the game to get out of hand like it did.  Alabama moved the ball at will most of the game but Clemson made the long 3rd down conversions time after time and Alabama got stalled in the red zone time and time again.  So I don't feel like it was Alabama being outmatched but they were definitely outplayed and Clemson winning was no fluke.  The annoying thing is Clemson plays to their competition often so you see games like their last game or how they played South Carolina, A&M and Syracuse last year but then it feel slike they were prepping for Bama all year as they come in and peak at the perfect time.

it would be hilarious if that guy didnt even work there. he just showed up and started talking shit about other conferences. i think im going to do that. go to some office and pretend i work there and talk about how great the SEC is and other conferences suck. then ill go to breakroom fridge and take someone's sandwich and leave
9/30/19 11:21 AM
6/30/14

"Also, I don't think Bama makes to the playoffs this year."

I am starting to think the same thing. If LSU keeps rolling, no reason to expect they won't, and if Auburn dominates Florida this weekend then I think there is a good chance you're right.

Arguably the best team Alabama has played so far this season is Duke. And while Alabama has been rolling they have a few issues that their WRs and QB have covered up. Their run game has not taken hold yet, their defense has not looked great, and they have suffered a ton of injuries this year, While they have talented back ups that is still a lot of inexperienced guys playing, mostly freshman, on that defense.

It is still Alabama and they aren't falling off a cliff but 10-2 regular season is certainly possible this season.

9/30/19 11:21 AM
8/22/08
Fan of Fanboys - 

No shit......I work with a lady that has the following on her SUV.

1. Bama Football...(she's from Montana)
2. Duke Basketball...(again from Montana)
3. Patriots...(do I need to state she's from Montana)
4. Golden State...(closer to Montana)
5. NY Yankees...(for fuck's sake.....MONTANA)

If she's not the typical bandwagon, I don't know what is. Someone told me she used to have Cav's magnets and flags when Lebron was there.
9/30/19 11:23 AM
6/30/14
Damien8003 - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

If she's not the typical bandwagon, I don't know what is. Someone told me she used to have Cav's magnets and flags when Lebron was there.

well, being from Montana those might be the only teams she ever got to see play on TV haha

that is a killer line up, how fortunate she is to be fans of those teams
9/30/19 11:25 AM
7/1/15
Diabeetus -

Everybody sleeping on Penn state. They have 1 of the best defenses in college football right now. 

They also have a retarded HC who makes bone headed decisions late in games that cost them the win. Coach franklin is a bozo 

6/30/14

so that California bill passed. NCAA athletes can earn sponsorship income starting in 2023

7/1/15
Damien8003 -
Fan of Fanboys - 

Tell her to kill herself 

9/30/19 11:53 AM
2/25/03

Harvard (of the Midwest) is doing work! 

9/30/19 11:53 AM
3/29/13
Morgz -

I wonder how he feels about Tennesee, KY,  Vandy, Arkansas, Ole Miss & South Carolina.  Do they deserve to be in the SEC?

I work with another guy that is a South Carolina fan (I live pretty close to Clemson so it's not uncommon) and I think he was getting just as mad as I was lol

9/30/19 11:55 AM
5/9/06
Vegito Blue - 
Diabeetus -

Everybody sleeping on Penn state. They have 1 of the best defenses in college football right now. 

They also have a retarded HC who makes bone headed decisions late in games that cost them the win. Coach franklin is a bozo 

I honestly haven't folled him very closely except when they play Michigan, tOSU, and some other big games, but I've always kind of liked the guy.  Just thought he seemed like cool dude, and I love how he pitched for his team to be in the playoffs the last few years.  Not saying I think they should have been there, but I respect how he believes in his guys.  Probably all coaches do, but he was very vocal about it on a national tv, which impressed me.

I didn't realize he had a rep for making decisions.  At least he doesn't have the rep for abusing young wrestlers.