OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/7/19 9:08 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

Who is your breakout freshman for A&M, matrix? I feel like it's going to be the tight end (Cupp) and one of our D linemen can't recall the name, but from San Antonio area 

Lol that's the exact two I named. Cupp and Leal

I was recently talking to someone who had coached one of the new linemen, Leal, all 4 years of HS basically. Said he is a very intelligent kid aside from his football talent. 

Yeah he was one of those kids that committed and never wavered. Our DL is stacked.

8/7/19 10:52 AM
7/15/11

Hey TSauce, I've got a few LSU guys in my fantasy football league. I wanted to see if you like my team name..

Premature Gatoration

8D

8/7/19 4:28 PM
6/30/14

2020 SEC schedules are out

UGA starts with a Monday night game vs Virginia, then a cupcake game 5 days later, then week three they head to Alabama.

fun

8/7/19 4:39 PM
12/23/02

War Damn Eagle!

8/7/19 4:48 PM
6/30/14
ChimpFL -

War Damn Eagle!

No

8/7/19 4:58 PM
2/5/06

"Both Auburn and Oregon return their entire starting Olines for 2019. 247Sports ranks Auburn's #5 and Oregon's #2. In addition, 247Sports ranks Auburn's Dline as "The Nastiest in College Football, led by Derrick Brown."

Sounds like the big boys could have a major say when the two teams kick off the season in Arlington. Auburn is a 3 point favorite.

8/7/19 5:12 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - 2020 SEC schedules are out

UGA starts with a Monday night game vs Virginia, then a cupcake game 5 days later, then week three they head to Alabama.

fun

Shit I love ours! Take Clemson and Georgia away for Colorado and Vandy.

8/7/19 5:26 PM
11/9/05

fun

Bama early is beneficial 

8/7/19 5:30 PM
1/30/03
ChimpFL -

War Damn Eagle!

Gus needs 9-10 or he's getting run out of town. Seems like the fans have started to turn on him

8/7/19 5:32 PM
1/30/03

fun

All I know is I'm going to Notre Dame next year. I've never been.

8/7/19 5:43 PM
2/5/06
Whatever happened to that guy who poisoned the tree on Auburn's campus? I think the tree died. For his own safety, I can't imagine he has ever returned anywhere near that place since?
8/7/19 6:07 PM
1/30/03
Thingading -
Whatever happened to that guy who poisoned the tree on Auburn's campus? I think the tree died. For his own safety, I can't imagine he has ever returned anywhere near that place since?

I don't like arbun but fuck that guy. With a hot poker.

8/7/19 6:26 PM
6/30/14
Matrix -

fun

Well that'll drastically improve the year 3 jump 

Get your guys experienced this year and roll next year

Edited: 8/7/19 6:38 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude -

fun

Bama early is beneficial 

Maybe. UGA is losing a ton of guys after this season, including our QB, kicker (he's amazing), and few let skill players. I know Alabama will be losing almost their entire offense too so we'll see

Also, based on rotation it should have been Arkansas instead of Alabama. And all the scheduling politics with UGA-Auburn and Auburn-Alabama is something else

8/7/19 6:29 PM
6/30/14
Animal Chin -

fun

UGA fans still talk about that being the best away game experience ever. A big push for all UGA fans treat Notre Dame and their fans the same this fall 

Can't remember if it's 2021 or 2022 that Clemson plays at ND next but I really want to go

8/7/19 6:30 PM
6/30/14
Thingading -

Harvey Updike I think it was. What a piece of shit human

8/7/19 6:37 PM
6/30/14

Anyone subscribe to The Athletic? If not, should look into it. Pay by the year and it's not much. Good writing, no ads, clean app 

8/7/19 6:38 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -

He got like 6 months in jail and 3 years probation. I remember he was an old dude and tried to plead insanity.

8/7/19 6:39 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude -

fun

Bama early is beneficial 

Maybe. UGA is losing a ton of guys after this season, including our QB, kicker (he's amazing), and few let skill players. I know Alabama will be losing almost their entire offense too so we'll see

Also, based on rotation it should have been Arkansas instead of Alabama. And all the scheduling politics with UGA-Auburn and Auburn-Alabama is something else

Either way, early season losses seem to be easily forgiven as long as you roll afterward.

8/7/19 6:42 PM
1/30/03
Fan of Fanboys -
Animal Chin -

fun

UGA fans still talk about that being the best away game experience ever. A big push for all UGA fans treat Notre Dame and their fans the same this fall 

Can't remember if it's 2021 or 2022 that Clemson plays at ND next but I really want to go

Nice.

I'm going with some ND fans. Not sure how the game will go, but I'm excited about the experience.

7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

fun

Well that'll drastically improve the year 3 jump 

Get your guys experienced this year and roll next year

Yeah I always felt like 2020 would be our first year to be able to expect to compete and that was without knowing our schedule would be doable. Measuring stick this year for sure. Well maybe a stick that beats the ever livin shit out of us.

7/15/11
itskrisdude -
Thingading -

He got like 6 months in jail and 3 years probation. I remember he was an old dude and tried to plead insanity.

PAAAAAAWL!

8/7/19 6:44 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude -
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude -

fun

Bama early is beneficial 

Either way, early season losses seem to be easily forgiven as long as you roll afterward.

Hopefully. Love to play them in the SECCG this year and walk away with a W. Don't want to go in with Kirby 0-3 v Saban 

8/7/19 8:57 PM
9/5/11

ESPN Analyst Says Syracuse Has Best D-Line in the ACC

Syracuse football returns three of four starters along the defensive line. Two of those returning starters are defensive ends Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman, who each finished with 10 sacks in 2018. They were the only teammates with double digit sacks in the ACC last season, and only teammates in the top five in the conference in that category. That, combined with Clemson losing four defensive line starters, is why some believe the Orange will have the best unit in the ACC next season.

Among them is ESPN ACC analyst David Hale, who tweeted out his defensive line rankings for the upcoming season. Of course, this could change, but is still very high praise for Syracuse and a testament to the way the coaching staff has reshaped the roster.

My 2019 ACC DL rankings:
1. Cuse
2. Clemson
3. Miami
4. FSU
5. Pitt
6. NCSU
7. UVA
8. WF
9. Duke
10. UNC
11. VT
12. BC
13. Lou
14. GT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/syracuse/Article/Syracuse-Orange-Football-Best-Defensive-Line-ACC-ESPN-David-Hale-133662790/Amp/

8/7/19 9:08 PM
3/13/08
Malvert the Janitor - 

ESPN Analyst Says Syracuse Has Best D-Line in the ACC

Syracuse football returns three of four starters along the defensive line. Two of those returning starters are defensive ends Alton Robinson and Kendall Coleman, who each finished with 10 sacks in 2018. They were the only teammates with double digit sacks in the ACC last season, and only teammates in the top five in the conference in that category. That, combined with Clemson losing four defensive line starters, is why some believe the Orange will have the best unit in the ACC next season.

Among them is ESPN ACC analyst David Hale, who tweeted out his defensive line rankings for the upcoming season. Of course, this could change, but is still very high praise for Syracuse and a testament to the way the coaching staff has reshaped the roster.

My 2019 ACC DL rankings:
1. Cuse
2. Clemson
3. Miami
4. FSU
5. Pitt
6. NCSU
7. UVA
8. WF
9. Duke
10. UNC
11. VT
12. BC
13. Lou
14. GT

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/syracuse/Article/Syracuse-Orange-Football-Best-Defensive-Line-ACC-ESPN-David-Hale-133662790/Amp/

Lol @ Georgia Tech not making the top 10... in the ACC...