OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/9/19 2:10 PM
6/30/14

Brenton Cox, who was apart of UGA's #1 class in 2018, left the program this past weekend. Cox, who is an OLB/SDE, was the #23 ranked player overall in the country. As a true freshman last year he played in almost every game.

He is now officially a Florida Gator. He is the highest ranked player on their team and the only 5*. He was the 15th ranked player on UGA's team.

Rumor is he never really wanted to be at UGA, Fields was a big reason he was there, and he fought teammates and threatened coaches. Talented player who will make an impact but PITA and hardheaded. Late for meetings, no-show at class, etc. His attitude could certainly improve at another school. Either way it is a huge get for Florida, especially if he can play this year.

8/11/19 6:40 PM
3/13/08

Will Trevor Lawrence live up to the hype or will he have a Sophomore Slump? 

8/11/19 6:45 PM
3/13/08
Matrix -

Pretty good college football commercial Matrix... 

My body is ready...

8/11/19 7:46 PM
7/15/11

Soo damn ready!

8/11/19 7:57 PM
3/29/13
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Pretty sure you could put any qb in this offense this year and they'd be a heismam candidate 

8/11/19 8:00 PM
7/15/11

Without Sunshine you guys don't win that natty. Kid is special there's no doubt about that.

8/11/19 9:35 PM
3/29/13
Matrix -

Without Sunshine you guys don't win that natty. Kid is special there's no doubt about that.

I tho I think the offense could've scored 2 TD's without him, but maybe. That offense even with Brice was a million times better than the KB and deon Cain shit show the year before

8/11/19 10:25 PM
7/15/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Matrix -

I tho I think the offense could've scored 2 TD's without him, but maybe. That offense even with Brice was a million times better than the KB and deon Cain shit show the year before

You don't think that game was won without sunshine though, correct?

8/11/19 11:13 PM
3/13/08
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Pretty sure you could put any qb in this offense this year and they'd be a heismam candidate 

Definitely want to see how he handles adversity... He hasn't tasted a loss yet, but Alabama wants blood for that massacre T Law handed them in the BCS NC...
8/11/19 11:23 PM
7/15/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Definitely want to see how he handles adversity... He hasn't tasted a loss yet, but Alabama wants blood for that massacre T Law handed them in the BCS NC...

And A&M for our 2 point loss

8/11/19 11:28 PM
3/13/08

Would love to see Texas A&M spank Clemson...

I'll be glued to the tv September 7th... Sucks it's at Clemson though...

Edited: 8/12/19 12:03 AM
7/15/11
SgtJustinTeplitz - Would love to see Texas A&M spank Clemson...

Unfortunately I believe they take it. "All them" I don't buy. Jimbo has history with Dabo and that history is close games.

Edit - You said at Clemson and I got it wrong. You're right in the end. That home field advantage is a huge factor just like it was last year for us. Sorry I misspoke.

8/12/19 5:49 AM
3/29/13
Matrix -
Matrix -

You don't think that game was won without sunshine though, correct?

The way the defense played I definitely think it could've been, it's hard to say a team that only game up 16 points, and scored 7 alone on defense couldn't have won without him, especially considering they have the #2 rated RB in the country

it definitely would've been a lot closer though and probably would've lost

8/12/19 5:50 AM
3/29/13
Matrix -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

I just don't see it being close like last year, Trevor Lawrence played 2 drives and had no experience, and justyn Ross played 1 snap  last year

8/12/19 8:21 AM
5/17/01

Who will win the B1G this year?  I go darkhorse MSU

8/12/19 8:51 AM
8/7/19
Matrix -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

I just don't see it being close like last year, Trevor Lawrence played 2 drives and had no experience, and justyn Ross played 1 snap  last year

The offense should be even more dangerous, more cohesive, etc...

But the D lost so many stars and hopefully the secondary plays like it did in the playoffs and not like it did against SC and A&M.
8/12/19 9:30 AM
6/30/14
Le Shat V2 -
Matrix -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

But the D lost so many stars and hopefully the secondary plays like it did in the playoffs and not like it did against SC and A&M.

The front 4 won't be as good as last year, how could it losing three 1st rounders, but it won't be as bad as people think. They have a few guys that were top 10 overall coming out of high school and they have a lot of gameday experience

8/12/19 9:40 AM
7/15/11
Matrix -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

I'm going to say 10 like I did last year but I won't be shocked to see it stay close. Our team this year is more talented overall than last and I think yalls defense will take a step back. It's the second game of the year. If it was deep in the season I wouldn't be as optimistic. Gotta put pressure on sunshine. That will be very difficult.

8/12/19 9:51 AM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Le Shat V2 -
Matrix -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

The front 4 won't be as good as last year, how could it losing three 1st rounders, but it won't be as bad as people think. They have a few guys that were top 10 overall coming out of high school and they have a lot of gameday experience

Yeah the narrative that people seem to be sticking to is that the d line won't be good, everywhere I can find still has it rated as a top 10 in the country, I'm most worried about the linebackers I think that will be the weak spot on the team this year. The D line will be elite

8/12/19 10:15 AM
7/15/11

My point is that in week 2 that defense will still be jelling. I would call Clemson's defense last year elite and look what A&M was able to do. Maybe on paper this is an elite defense but they haven't proven that yet.

8/12/19 10:26 AM
7/15/11

8/12/19 10:28 AM
7/15/11

And btw Kaep I know I could be way off. I've got 500 reasons not to doubt Clemson but I do like getting you guys early in the season.

8/12/19 10:55 AM
3/29/13
Matrix -

And btw Kaep I know I could be way off. I've got 500 reasons not to doubt Clemson but I do like getting you guys early in the season.

Yeah it's definitely the right time, we always seem to struggle through the first few games

8/12/19 11:47 AM
7/15/11

http://hurricanesports.com/news/2019/8/12/football-diaz-names-starting-quarterback-for-2019.aspx

Tate catching a big case of karma

8/12/19 5:12 PM
2/22/11
SgtJustinTeplitz - Would love to see Texas A&M spank Clemson...

Can't wait. Both teams will obviously be better in their own regard. Several NFL caliber players on both teams in the trenches, and our secondary has a few nfl prospects as well (something we have struggled with until Jimbo helped recruit).