OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/12/19 11:10 PM
6/27/02
Fan of Fanboys -
KirkBJJ - 

In for the Tarheels to start turning it around this season 

great coordinator hire, on both sides of the ball

but man, do they have a long way to go. just so little talent

I know man, I know. That's why I put "start" lol Every week will be exciting though because nobody can really expect anything crazy. Being bowl eligible would be awesome imo 

8/12/19 11:14 PM
6/30/14
KirkBJJ - 
Fan of Fanboys -
KirkBJJ - 

I know man, I know. That's why I put "start" lol Every week will be exciting though because nobody can really expect anything crazy. Being bowl eligible would be awesome imo 

just know I'll be rooting hard for you guys week 1
8/12/19 11:19 PM
1/30/03
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

And of course I wrote the wrong post. 

I suck at all things and stuff.

Thats not true...

Youre a good guy Animal Chin... 

here is to the glory days for you... Arkansas will be fine...

Ha. Thanks, man.

Good video. Not enough McFadden and didn't see any Felix.

And holy shit Mallett had a cannon.

8/12/19 11:28 PM
6/27/02
Fan of Fanboys -
KirkBJJ - 
Fan of Fanboys -
KirkBJJ - 

just know I'll be rooting hard for you guys week 1

Appreciate it man... let's see what happens! 

8/13/19 12:06 AM
3/13/08
Animal Chin - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

Mallett was the Josh Allen of his time (with better accuracy)!
8/13/19 8:38 AM
2/22/11
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

I remember seeing these guys play in Jerry's world one year, maybe the first year, and it was a freat game. 

I remember mallet throwing the ball extremely hard, and he was super talll around 6ft6-8. Didn't work for the Texans so much :/ 

8/13/19 9:29 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

I remember seeing these guys play in Jerry's world one year, maybe the first year, and it was a freat game. 

I remember mallet throwing the ball extremely hard, and he was super talll around 6ft6-8. Didn't work for the Texans so much :/ 

Don't bring that game up! SHIT!!! We blew that halftime lead like about 5 others that year lol

8/13/19 9:39 AM
1/30/03
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

Don't bring that game up! SHIT!!! We blew that halftime lead like about 5 others that year lol

Are talking about the Tyler Wilson and Jarius Wright show?

I watched that on my phone in a pub in Listowel, Ireland. Had about a dozen drunk Irish guys watching with me. It was a lot of fun.

8/13/19 9:42 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

That was with Tannyhill, if I remember correctly 

8/13/19 9:42 AM
7/15/11

You and Connors family can suck it! That was an AWFUL game. Then Sumlin said hold my beer in LA...

8/13/19 9:44 AM
2/22/11

This makes me feel better though, and I remember this game too lol 

That day, Manziel broke the SEC total offense record co-held by Archie Manning by piling up 557 yards running and passing in a 58-10 pasting of Arkansas. Manziel threw for 453 yards and three touchdowns and also rushed for 104 yards and a score. A game that was 13-10 early in the second quarter became a runaway thanks to the inimitable improvisational style of Manziel, who guide the A&M offense to 716 yards of offense.

8/13/19 9:44 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

Lol yeah. ARKIE, OSU, KSU, tu (I think) and LSU in the cotton bowl. It's like Sherman went into halftime and handed out milk and cookies and performed happy endings.

8/13/19 9:45 AM
1/30/03
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Animal Chin -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Animal Chin -

Thats not true...

Ha. Thanks, man.

Yeah, Wilson was the QB then. Threw for over 500.

I don't Mallett having to come back. I think one was a blowout and the other was close the whole game

8/13/19 9:45 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -

That day, Manziel broke the SEC total offense record co-held by Archie Manning by piling up 557 yards running and passing in a 58-10 pasting of Arkansas. Manziel threw for 453 yards and three touchdowns and also rushed for 104 yards and a score. A game that was 13-10 early in the second quarter became a runaway thanks to the inimitable improvisational style of Manziel, who guide the A&M offense to 716 yards of offense.

This is MUCH better. And the fact that they haven't won since we joined lol

8/13/19 9:46 AM
1/30/03
HernanCortes -

And a Petrino defense.

Man that guy's defense sucks.

8/13/19 9:49 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
HernanCortes -

And a Petrino defense.

It's extremely hard to have a great defense with an uptempo offense. You've got to be able to slow down imo.

8/13/19 9:56 AM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
HernanCortes -

And a Petrino defense.

It's extremely hard to have a great defense with an uptempo offense. You've got to be able to slow down imo.

Tyler Wilson said the defense rarely scrimmaged against the offense. And the offense mainly ran skeleton in practice.

Petrino didn't seem to give a shit about defense and it showed.

8/13/19 10:01 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
HernanCortes -

And a Petrino defense.

Tyler Wilson said the defense rarely scrimmaged against the offense. And the offense mainly ran skeleton in practice.

Yeah that's strange at best. Look at the fast tempo teams in the past ten years. Very few had even a decent defense. Going 3 and out in a minute never helps your defense or your DC for that matter. One of the main reasons I still like Chief so much. Dude can coach he was just put into a shitty situation.

8/13/19 10:03 AM
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
HernanCortes -

And a Petrino defense.

Yeah that's strange at best. Look at the fast tempo teams in the past ten years. Very few had even a decent defense. Going 3 and out in a minute never helps your defense or your DC for that matter. One of the main reasons I still like Chief so much. Dude can coach he was just put into a shitty situation.

Petrino's offense wasn't really that uptempo.

Nothing like a malzhan or Morris offense.

8/13/19 10:06 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
HernanCortes -

And a Petrino defense.

Petrino's offense wasn't really that uptempo.

Nothing like a malzhan or Morris offense.

I guess I'm going off of Louisville's O with Jackson. Very fast. I remember yalls offense being pretty damn fast for the times though. A lot has changed since then obviously.

8/13/19 10:10 AM
1/30/03

It really wasn't.

This doesn't tell the whole story, but Arkansas ranked 58 in offensive plays per game in 2010. That's not a very fast tempo offense.

8/13/19 10:23 AM
7/15/11

It was just my recollection tbh. Maybe based on teams we played at the time. Tech was really the only team I remember playing fast and maybe Baylor somewhat with RG3.

8/13/19 10:36 AM
7/15/11

And speaking of remembering things Tech should not be on that list. Leach was long gone by 2010. Man time fucking flies..

8/13/19 10:44 AM
6/30/14

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-football/tate-martell-jarren-williams-miami-hurricanes-name-plate/

your boy, matrix

8/13/19 10:46 AM
7/15/11

He's such an insufferable cunt. Karma is a bitch!