OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

30 days ago
6/30/14

Welp, it was a good run Clemson. Got a couple of rings. But if Urban goes to FSU they'll be representing the ACC, at least until Urban's inmates take over asylum in year 5 or 6

30 days ago
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -
Morgz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Morgz -
RamRamCHOKEDonACUÑAsJRsizedJOHNSON -
Thingading -
Morgz - 
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Thingading -
“Oregon has now defeated Washington for the 14th time in their last 16 meetings. The Ducks have also won 6 of the last 7 games in Seattle, and 6 consecutive when both teams are ranked. Oregon currently holds a two-game lead in the Pac-12 North.”

Sweet.

I'd this the year the pac 12 gets a team in the playoff??

Don't fuck it up Oregon.

They've had a team in the play off more than once 

I know I guess the joke didn't land. 

In all honestly though, Oregon seems to have a damn good team. As long as they don't get fucked with s Friday night game they lose. We all know the Commissioner out there loves fucking over his teams with Friday night games.

After actually looking it up I had only remembered Washington in the playoff I forgot Oregon made it one year.

I remember it well. Buckeyes beat them handily in the championship game, after beating Alabama in the playoff. 

Yeah, OSU was no doubt the better team in the championship game. That was an Oregon squad that had just beat Jameis and defending champ FSU by 40 in the semifinal, too.

Yeah that's why I forgot about the Oregon/fsu game. After the OSU thrashing Bama took I wiped everything from my memory.

If I recall correctly, tOSU was a controversial #4 seed and almost didn’t get in that year,  even though they were clearly playing as well as anyone at the end of the year. They proved they were that good that year.

There was another time shortly after (maybe the very next year, or year after) they got pumped in as 2 or 3 seed when they probably didn’t deserve it, and shit the bed. 

I want a 6 team playoff. Is it too early to start whining?

Playoff has to be either 4 or 8 teams... I don't think 6 can work because Alabama and Ohio State (or the top two teams) would have a bye week and that wouldn't fly with the teams ranked 3-6... but yeah, an 8 team playoff would be great.

I disagree. I like the idea of 6 and giving 1&2 a bye. 

there’s always going to be arguments for who’s in and who’s out. The last few years it’s been fair that a 5 or 6 was just as good as the 3 and 4. If we give 3&4 a shot, why not 5&6. In my opinion it drops off decidedly at 7&8.

At least 8 or gtfo imo. No team deserves a bye in that small of a playoff.

64 or we will never know the true champion

Leach agrees!

30 days ago
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -

Welp, it was a good run Clemson. Got a couple of rings. But if Urban goes to FSU they'll be representing the ACC, at least until Urban's inmates take over asylum in year 5 or 6

Urban to FSU?? Is this real life?!

30 days ago
7/15/11

30 days ago
5/9/06
Matrix -
Morgz -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Morgz -
Thingading -
Morgz - 
Thingading -
“Oregon has now defeated Washington for the 14th time in their last 16 meetings. The Ducks have also won 6 of the last 7 games in Seattle, and 6 consecutive when both teams are ranked. Oregon currently holds a two-game lead in the Pac-12 North.”

Sweet.

I'd this the year the pac 12 gets a team in the playoff??

Don't fuck it up Oregon.

They've had a team in the play off more than once 

I know I guess the joke didn't land. 

In all honestly though, Oregon seems to have a damn good team. As long as they don't get fucked with s Friday night game they lose. We all know the Commissioner out there loves fucking over his teams with Friday night games.

After actually looking it up I had only remembered Washington in the playoff I forgot Oregon made it one year.

I remember it well. Buckeyes beat them handily in the championship game, after beating Alabama in the playoff. 

Yeah, OSU was no doubt the better team in the championship game. That was an Oregon squad that had just beat Jameis and defending champ FSU by 40 in the semifinal, too.

Yeah that's why I forgot about the Oregon/fsu game. After the OSU thrashing Bama took I wiped everything from my memory.

If I recall correctly, tOSU was a controversial #4 seed and almost didn’t get in that year,  even though they were clearly playing as well as anyone at the end of the year. They proved they were that good that year.

There was another time shortly after (maybe the very next year, or year after) they got pumped in as 2 or 3 seed when they probably didn’t deserve it, and shit the bed. 

I want a 6 team playoff. Is it too early to start whining?

Playoff has to be either 4 or 8 teams... I don't think 6 can work because Alabama and Ohio State (or the top two teams) would have a bye week and that wouldn't fly with the teams ranked 3-6... but yeah, an 8 team playoff would be great.

I disagree. I like the idea of 6 and giving 1&2 a bye. 

there’s always going to be arguments for who’s in and who’s out. The last few years it’s been fair that a 5 or 6 was just as good as the 3 and 4. If we give 3&4 a shot, why not 5&6. In my opinion it drops off decidedly at 7&8.

At least 8 or gtfo imo. No team deserves a bye in that small of a playoff.

8 would be better than 4 that’s for sure. 

30 days ago
5/9/06

Where do these Urban rumors come from? I thought he retired for health reasons. His brain tumors or whatever he had disappear?

30 days ago
7/15/11
Morgz -

Where do these Urban rumors come from? I thought he retired for health reasons. His brain tumors or whatever he had disappear?

He gets shipped off to the West Coast to complete his trip or he can get f’d.

30 days ago
7/15/11

Morgz, originally I backed a 12 team playoff and I guess I’m somewhat still onboard with that. To me it’s way easier to lock down the top 4 as opposed to the top 2. Just my .02

30 days ago
6/30/14
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

Rumors flowing. If taggert is fired then Urban will be the top target

30 days ago
6/30/14

I'd prefer him at USCw though 

30 days ago
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

Rumors flowing. If taggert is fired then Urban will be the top target

Good luck. Shit facilities and shitty leadership. He’ll pass imo.

30 days ago
2/5/06

I'm in favor of an 8 team over a 4.

That said, I would take a 128 team triple-elimination over a 6 team CFP.

The insane advantages #1 & #2 would receiver over 3, 4, etc. would be almost comical w/ a 6 team.

So, if not 8 then I like 4 best.

30 days ago
2/5/06
Matrix - 
Morgz -

lol

He's also said, "I need to spend more time w/ my family...... that's why I'm out...."  - Bullshizzy..

FFS, whether he ends up at FSU or USC, his family means zero. And his health means less.

That said, he's an incredible CFB coach........and a shitty dude.

Fuckin' Urb......................mofo Urb.

One of a kind in so many ways.

30 days ago
7/15/11
Thingading -
Matrix - 
Morgz -

lol

He's also said, "I need to spend more time w/ my family...... that's why I'm out...."  - Bullshizzy..

FFS, whether he ends up at FSU or USC, his family means zero. And his health means less.

That said, he's an incredible CFB coach........and a shitty dude.

Fuckin' Urb......................mofo Urb.

One of a kind in so many ways.

He’s a POS no doubt. I want him on the west coast lol

Edited: 30 days ago
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -

Yeah because Clemson hasn't destroyed urban twice 

31-0 ring a bell?

30 days ago
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

Sunshine looks a little suspect don’t you agree???

30 days ago
3/29/13
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

No, I really don't, I did until I started noticing how bad the play calling and route running was, he is still making the same great throws, for whatever reason the receivers don't seem to be there. The offense looks absolutely horribly coached and you can not blame that on him

plus you don't really need him to be great when your defense is having theirbest season since the 1950s and you have the best running back in school history hitting 1k yards in 7 games, both things the media hasn't mentioned once this year

1/1/01
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

Pretty much everyone slept on him last season too.  

30 days ago
3/29/13
Fast Pitch -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

The Louisville game is a perfect example of how his season has been, he threw 2 picks, the first one the receiver clearly ran the wrong route and admitted it, the 2nd one the receiver slipped as he threw the ball, out side of those 2 plays he literally had a perfect game 

1/1/01
Fast Pitch -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

The Louisville game is a perfect example of how his season has been, he threw 2 picks, the first one the receiver clearly ran the wrong route and admitted it, the 2nd one the receiver slipped as he threw the ball, out side of those 2 plays he literally had a perfect game 

Oh I know, and Clemson is beating their opponents by 28 points per game on average (as opposed to last year when it was 28.7 points per game). But Clemson is not that good this year according to the sports media (same thing they said last year). Clemson played Texas A&M who was ranked #12 at the time and dominated them (the final score was 24-10 after TAMU scored a TD in garbage time against Clemson’s 3rd string defense with minutes left in the game). Yet the pundits say they haven’t played anybody. Who has Alabama played so far that’s any good?  Oh TAMU who scored 28 points on them. The AP poll is a joke. 

30 days ago
3/29/13
Fast Pitch -
Fast Pitch -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

Oh I know, and Clemson is beating their opponents by 28 points per game on average (as opposed to last year when it was 28.7 points per game). But Clemson is not that good this year according to the sports media (same thing they said last year). Clemson played Texas A&M who was ranked #12 at the time and dominated them (the final score was 24-10 after TAMU scored a TD in garbage time against Clemson’s 3rd string defense with minutes left in the game). Yet the pundits say they haven’t played anybody. Who has Alabama played so far that’s any good?  Oh TAMU who scored 28 points on them. The AP poll is a joke. 

I was actually about to post that actually, if you insert Clemson's margin of victory into last season their +28 average would be 2nd best to who would've guessed, Clemson 

they are in 4th this year currently, ahead of both LSU and Oklahoma

30 days ago
1/30/03
Fast Pitch -
Fast Pitch -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

Alabama is playing someone good this weekend

30 days ago
1/1/01
Animal Chin -
Fast Pitch -
Fast Pitch -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

Yes, this should be quite the test for them. 

30 days ago
1/1/01

What’s also funny is after Clemson beat then-ranked #12 Texas A&M, Paul Finebaum said it was a garbage win over a nobody. Then when Alabama was about to play Texas A&M a few games later after TAMU had dropped in the polls,  Finebaum said it was a good win over a solid team. Lol. I swear he has Saban’s man juice dripping out both sides of his mouth. 

30 days ago
1/30/03
Fast Pitch -
Animal Chin -
Fast Pitch -
Fast Pitch -
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys -

31-0 ring a bell?

Yes, this should be quite the test for them. 

I think so too