OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/21/19 4:47 PM
7/15/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
CaliKush -

USC not overrated this year in polls. The first week on the season is usually the highest their ranked all year 

I saw someone I believe on espn that had them in their final 4

Let me guess... That guy has A&M winning the SEC and in the playoff?! I LOVE that guy!

8/21/19 4:48 PM
7/15/11

Edited: 8/21/19 4:49 PM
7/15/11

For Fanboy. It doesn't mean shit bc this kid is gonna be open till signing day imo. That's his brother who "handles" his social media lol. What's wrong with the world these days?!

8/21/19 5:45 PM
6/30/14

I did not expect him to sign today

just that in the last couple of weeks all the predictions coming in have him leaning UGA

all that matters is signing day and UGA has been doing ok recently with RBs and offensive lineman. already have one 5* for 2020 committed

8/21/19 5:48 PM
6/30/14

and A&M picked up a CB today too

but it was for a 4* RB

8/21/19 5:51 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - and A&M picked up a CB today too

but it was for a 4* RB

Who? Ngata? Probably butchered that name

8/21/19 5:53 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - I did not expect him to sign today

just that in the last couple of weeks all the predictions coming in have him leaning UGA

all that matters is signing day and UGA has been doing ok recently with RBs and offensive lineman. already have one 5* for 2020 committed

Georgia is going to do well recruiting for the foreseeable future. Do you think Smart has the smarts to win a title? How are you guys gonna look with a new offense? I'm very interested in what you think.

8/21/19 8:19 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 

Georgia is going to do well recruiting for the foreseeable future. Do you think Smart has the smarts to win a title? How are you guys gonna look with a new offense? I'm very interested in what you think.

I think Kirby will win a title. should have in 2017. no matter how many titles he wins at UGA I don't think fans will ever get over that loss. 2nd and 26 in OT? after leading the entire game? painful

as far as this season, especially on offense, I have no idea. UGA has the talent and it is well distributed amongst upper and lower classmen. tough enough schedule to get respect, not so tough where they have a stretch that can't be handled. but with so much unknown at OC and WR, and zero QB depth, I can see 10-2 and missing out on playing for the SEC title. I can see winning the national title. the average fan on the forums is most interested in the offense, for sure.

one thing about Smart that is an unknown, but that will be answered this year, is the offensive identity. was the conservative gameplanning Smart or Chaney?

I don't worry about the defense. like Alabama, UGA will always be ok as long we keep the current HC.

8/21/19 8:30 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

I think Kirby will win a title. should have in 2017. no matter how many titles he wins at UGA I don't think fans will ever get over that loss. 2nd and 26 in OT? after leading the entire game? painful

as far as this season, especially on offense, I have no idea. UGA has the talent and it is well distributed amongst upper and lower classmen. tough enough schedule to get respect, not so tough where they have a stretch that can't be handled. but with so much unknown at OC and WR, and zero QB depth, I can see 10-2 and missing out on playing for the SEC title. I can see winning the national title. the average fan on the forums is most interested in the offense, for sure.

one thing about Smart that is an unknown, but that will be answered this year, is the offensive identity. was the conservative gameplanning Smart or Chaney?

I don't worry about the defense. like Alabama, UGA will always be ok as long we keep the current HC.

"one thing about Smart that is an unknown, but that will be answered this year, is the offensive identity. was the conservative gameplanning Smart or Chaney?"

This is my big question. I'm with you defense will not be an issue but the O I'm not so sure. That QB you guys have imo will help out.

Thanks brotha I'm very high on you guys even though you completely shit the bed against tu. Unforgivable if you ask me!

8/21/19 8:47 PM
6/30/14

also, your boy Kingsley Keke is getting pretty damn good reviews so far. he is a lock to make the 53-man roster

same with Jace Sternberger, prior to minor injury a couple weeks ago

should be good players for the Pack

8/21/19 8:47 PM
6/30/14

"Unforgivable if you ask me!"

agreed

8/21/19 8:51 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - also, your boy Kingsley Keke is getting pretty damn good reviews so far. he is a lock to make the 53-man roster

Good to hear. Both are underrated if you ask me. Keke is a do it all DLineman.

Edited: 8/21/19 10:38 PM
2/5/06
Animal Chin - 
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

AC, the hits keep coming.

Huh?

#1 WR goes down

Oh.

I wouldn't call Stewart #1, but he was probably going to start.

Hey, could be worse. Oregon just had its 4th WR go down. And I'm not talking 4th string. I mean 4th WR get injured. Unbelievable.

At this rate, by the time the Ducks get to Arlington next week, Herbert will be throwing to freakin' converted DBs.

8/22/19 11:55 AM
6/22/09

Pac12 decides no 9am games this season....thank god.   Can't imagine a worse idea for "exposure" than to show off a bunch of half-asleep football players.

8/23/19 7:20 AM
5/9/06

As usual, I'm late to see things.  I just came across "QB1:  Behind the lights" on netflix.  The first season from 2017 or so follows Fromm, Taint Martel, and Tayvon Bowers in their last year of high school.  It's when Taint was still committed to OSU.     

Anyone watch this?  Seems pretty good so far.  That Bishop Gorman high school program seems pretty unbelievable.

8/23/19 8:35 AM
3/29/13
Morgz -

As usual, I'm late to see things.  I just came across "QB1:  Behind the lights" on netflix.  The first season from 2017 or so follows Fromm, Taint Martel, and Tayvon Bowers in their last year of high school.  It's when Taint was still committed to OSU.     

Anyone watch this?  Seems pretty good so far.  That Bishop Gorman high school program seems pretty unbelievable.

That's why he's called taint martell isn't it? Never watched it because I assumed it was just him being an ass

8/23/19 8:37 AM
7/15/11

Yeah this season is pretty unwatchable for me. That Spencer Rattler is a piece of work.

8/23/19 9:24 AM
5/9/06
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
Morgz -

That's why he's called taint martell isn't it? Never watched it because I assumed it was just him being an ass

Haha I really don't know where the "taint" came from.  I don't know him well, but he always seemed a little cocky to me, so I just naturally went for a nickname that sounded like Tate.

My brother in law is a hardcore buckeye fan, and evidently was sorry to see him go -- thought he was good kid.  I'm a buckeye fan (but also Ga Tech and UGA), and i'm looking forward to Fields.

I'm only two episodes in, but I'm blown away at how serious high school ball has gotten.  Some of these high schools have better equipment and bigger programs than the small college I went to.

8/23/19 9:41 AM
6/30/14

Jacob Eason has reportedly won the starting QB job at Washington. Rooting hard for him this season

And Washington needs to do something about their QB recruits

QB last year was named Jake. The staring QB this year is Jacob. This season they have a back up named Jacob and Jake

Is Washington aware they can sign guys not named Jake/Jacob?

8/23/19 6:10 PM
2/25/08
Morgz - 

It's where some people learned his real name was Tathan. His mom wrote him a sick note for school.
8/23/19 6:50 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -
Fan of Fanboys - also, your boy Kingsley Keke is getting pretty damn good reviews so far. he is a lock to make the 53-man roster

Seems like keke has been at A&M forever, glad to see he is doing well. 

Was didsapointed in Mack honestly...bad footwork, slow, and easy to double team, which isn't really necessary since he wasn't that impactful 

Edited: 8/23/19 6:52 PM
2/22/11
cbia -
Morgz - 

It's where some people learned his real name was Tathan. His mom wrote him a sick note for school.

Those programs are good until they play against public HS Texas teams ;) 

I'm looking at you De La Salle (if that's how you spell it) 

edit: for the California people 

8/23/19 7:44 PM
11/11/13

Am I fucked or is the season starting tomorrow? Jaaaaaacked!

GO BLUE!

8/23/19 8:23 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Matrix -

Seems like keke has been at A&M forever, glad to see he is doing well. 

Was didsapointed in Mack honestly...bad footwork, slow, and easy to double team, which isn't really necessary since he wasn't that impactful 

Disappointed in his NFL preseason game? He had a great senior year but I haven't watched him this preseason.

8/23/19 8:43 PM
3/13/08
Morgz - 

Lol @ Taint Martell:)

Lol at the regression...