OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

20 days ago
6/30/14
T Sauce -
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce - 

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachingMSmith/status/1194752730423795712

Bama DL bringing the fire in practice yesterday.

I saw this morning that 5* that enrolled and then left, Alfonso or something, it at Colorado with Mel Tucker. Tucker was UGA's DC prior but pretty sure he worked under Saban as well

Yeah. Needed to be closer to his sick grandmother in New Jersey.

Lol

20 days ago
12/12/07
sewich -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
okiebug -
rufus -

Wisconsin beat a ranked team and dropped a spot in the CFP. Cool, cool... 

Worse than that.  The committee is saying that Minnesota's win over Penn state isn't as good as Alabama's loss to LSU.  That's ridiculous. 

No they aren't, they are saying Alabama has been doing this for 10 years straight, wtf is Minnesota 

So unless you have a legacy you can never be anything in the NCAA ranking?  This ecplaination is why college football sucks.  It's not about what you do on the field it's about how popular the schools name is and how much money you generate for the NCAA.  How absurd would it be if the Vikings beat the Packers and had a better record than them but be ranked bottom of the NFC north and green Bay ranked first because last season green Bay won the division?  

You must be new 

20 days ago
1/30/03

Haha. Damn.

20 days ago
6/30/14
captainplanet -
sewich -
okiebug -
rufus -

Worse than that.  The committee is saying that Minnesota's win over Penn state isn't as good as Alabama's loss to LSU.  That's ridiculous. 

No they aren't, they are saying Alabama has been doing this for 10 years straight, wtf is Minnesota 

So unless you have a legacy you can never be anything in the NCAA ranking?  This ecplaination is why college football sucks.  It's not about what you do on the field it's about how popular the schools name is and how much money you generate for the NCAA.  How absurd would it be if the Vikings beat the Packers and had a better record than them but be ranked bottom of the NFC north and green Bay ranked first because last season green Bay won the division?  

You must be new 

I've been wanting to ask you: what are your thoughts if USCw hired Urban?

20 days ago
2/25/03
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

Everyone dropped a spot because they had to vault Minnesota up to 8. I don't think Wisconsin should have leapfrogged an undefeated Baylor team. Or an Auburn team with the same record as Wisconsin with an OOC win over #6 Oregon. Those are the two teams ranked directly ahead of Wisconsin. So what exactly do you think should have happened?

most people just look at their team (and Alabama) and not the entirety of the rankings

That's true. I agree with you both. There's no logic behind me being pissed, I just didn't like it. LOL 

see, we can be friends

Of course we can. I don't take anything personally. You do. It's just giving shit. 

lol you are the one you comes after me, only me, regularly, and unprovoked.

I go after others, too. But I must admit it's more fun with you because you take it personally. 

So it's not just me? Lol

two other posters, on this page alone, have called you out

and rufus gets called out by others too

matrix did recently

anytime there is an issue it always involves one of you two

Don't be a no-college, fat slob, fuckface. I was trying to be nice. 

I'll take Things You Would Only Say Online, for $500

Jesus Christ. LOL I've said much worse to people in person, and I'd absolutely do it to you. 

20 days ago
6/30/14
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

Everyone dropped a spot because they had to vault Minnesota up to 8. I don't think Wisconsin should have leapfrogged an undefeated Baylor team. Or an Auburn team with the same record as Wisconsin with an OOC win over #6 Oregon. Those are the two teams ranked directly ahead of Wisconsin. So what exactly do you think should have happened?

most people just look at their team (and Alabama) and not the entirety of the rankings

That's true. I agree with you both. There's no logic behind me being pissed, I just didn't like it. LOL 

see, we can be friends

Of course we can. I don't take anything personally. You do. It's just giving shit. 

I go after others, too. But I must admit it's more fun with you because you take it personally. 

So it's not just me? Lol

matrix did recently

Jesus Christ. LOL I've said much worse to people in person, and I'd absolutely do it to you. 

R/woooosh

20 days ago
6/30/14
RamRamCHOKEDonACUƑAsJRsizedJOHNSON -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

see, we can be friends

So it's not just me? Lol

matrix did recently

He's right you know^

I love everyone

Those who've been on these for a few years know CP and I are buddies. Just talk shit to each other. 

20 days ago
12/12/07
Fan of Fanboys -
captainplanet -
sewich -
okiebug -
rufus -

You must be new 

Urban is the only person that can potentially save the 2020 recruiting class and turn around the program immediately. Franklin has been rumored as a potential choice but I don’t believe in him as someone who can contend for a national championship year in and year out. We need someone to put those silly Ducks up north back on their place. With the addition of two NFL teams, Lebron James, and Kawhi Leonard, the program is quickly becoming irrelevant in the city due to poor play on the field. I think Urban can change that. 

20 days ago
12/12/07
Fan of Fanboys -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

see, we can be friends

So it's not just me? Lol

matrix did recently

He's right you know^

I love everyone

Those who've been on these for a few years know CP and I are buddies. Just talk shit to each other. 

I’m still waiting for a visit 

20 days ago
6/30/14
captainplanet -
Fan of Fanboys -
captainplanet -
sewich -
okiebug -
rufus -

You must be new 

Urban is the only person that can potentially save the 2020 recruiting class and turn around the program immediately. Franklin has been rumored as a potential choice but I don’t believe in him as someone who can contend for a national championship year in and year out. We need someone to put those silly Ducks up north back on their place. With the addition of two NFL teams, Lebron James, and Kawhi Leonard, the program is quickly becoming irrelevant in the city due to poor play on the field. I think Urban can change that. 

Agreed 

I've said many times I want him at USCw for the sake of CFB. It'd be fun 

But he is a pos and issues follow him. Some, many, would avoid him for that 

How do you feel about him and coaching USCw? Worth it? With the recent history, fair or not 

20 days ago
6/30/14
captainplanet -
Fan of Fanboys -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

see, we can be friends

So it's not just me? Lol

matrix did recently

He's right you know^

I love everyone

I’m still waiting for a visit 

It's happening. I've traveled a lot this year and I'm headed to Paris and Lisbon in January. Savannah for Thanksgiving. NYC is booked for spring. I owe 2nolatch a trip that I'm behind on 

If she isn't pregnant we will do more next year. Did Denver, Asheville, Jamaica, and Raleigh this year 

I love meeting posters. Met a dozen so far. All sweet hearts. 

20 days ago
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

see, we can be friends

So it's not just me? Lol

matrix did recently

R/woooosh

I just like to mess with you, I don't even know who fake pie is and I don't think I've ever interacted with him, so he doesn't count

20 days ago
6/30/14
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus -
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
rufus - 
Fan of Fanboys -
cool hand Ed - 
rufus - 

see, we can be friends

So it's not just me? Lol

matrix did recently

R/woooosh

I just like to mess with you, I don't even know who fake pie is and I don't think I've ever interacted with him, so he doesn't count

while I would double leg you into oblivion (don't forget, I was an above average DII wrestler and still train BJJ) I do enjoy talking shit and I leave anything said here and never in another thread or different topic (we have agreed many times)

in person, I am a sweetheart and love talking shit but having fun

you are welcome to our tailgate anytime. I am still the new guy there, 5 years and a marriage later, so we can team up on cornhole

and truthfully, I like rufus too. IRL I like wisconsin (we call it the "UGA of the Cold") and we are both Packers fan. I know in person he is sweet and witty. I just want to strangle his online persona lol

20 days ago
6/30/14
just like matrix and I

we alternate between wanting to strangle each other and teaming up to untastefully rape someone

I offered my house to him and HC if they came into town for the A&M v Clemson game
20 days ago
2/5/06

OSU is a 53 point road fav vs. Rutgers, even w/out Young. The over/under is 59, which would mean it's also expected to be close to a shutout.

The game should be against the law.

20 days ago
6/30/14
Thingading -

OSU is a 53 point road fav vs. Rutgers, even w/out Young. The over/under is 59, which would mean it's also expected to be close to a shutout.

Yeah but it is a P5 opponent

20 days ago
2/5/06

lol

20 days ago
12/12/07
Fan of Fanboys -
captainplanet -
Fan of Fanboys -
captainplanet -
sewich -
okiebug -
rufus -

You must be new 

Agreed 

How do you feel about him and coaching USCw? Worth it? With the recent history, fair or not 

I feel like his issues didn’t start until he got to UF where his players had checkered past. But it seems like all of those Florida schools have issues with players. And then at tOSU, the controversy was not player related, but covering up for the coach. It’s a bad look, but it’s nothing like Art Briles. So idk. I think if he gets hired and fucks up again somehow, he’ll get blackballed. But his success as an HC can’t be denied. And he’ll only last 4-5 years anyway. 

20 days ago
12/12/07

Hernan and Matrix:

was Myles Garrett always a piece of shit or did going to TAMU transform him in to one? Asking for a friend...

20 days ago
6/22/09
captainplanet -
Fan of Fanboys -
captainplanet -
Fan of Fanboys -
captainplanet -
sewich -
okiebug -
rufus -

You must be new 

Agreed 

I feel like his issues didn’t start until he got to UF where his players had checkered past. But it seems like all of those Florida schools have issues with players. And then at tOSU, the controversy was not player related, but covering up for the coach. It’s a bad look, but it’s nothing like Art Briles. So idk. I think if he gets hired and fucks up again somehow, he’ll get blackballed. But his success as an HC can’t be denied. And he’ll only last 4-5 years anyway. 

Don't forget the university has had major issues with scandals already though.  You had the Dean of the Medical School scandal, and then the molesting gyno doc, the admission scandal, now all the deaths.  Place is a madhouse right now.

Gotta think even if they know they can use Urban on the field, it ain't gonna help their current PR problem to bring them in when the new pres is talking about fixing the corrupt culture.

20 days ago
8/18/06
captainplanet -

Hernan and Matrix:

was Myles Garrett always a piece of shit or did going to TAMU transform him in to one? Asking for a friend...

I've never felt one way or the other till tonight when he ripped of off Mason Rudolph's helmet and smacked him with it.  All I can say that it's about time.  Glad he stepped up and finally did what we've all felt like doing.  F@ck Mason Rudolph. 

20 days ago
5/9/06
Fan of Fanboys -
Thingading -

Yeah but it is a P5 opponent

On the other hand, if tOSU goes out and wins 38-14, it will be considered a failure.

20 days ago
2/22/11
Fan of Fanboys - just like matrix and I

we alternate between wanting to strangle each other and teaming up to untastefully rape someone

I offered my house to him and HC if they came into town for the A&M v Clemson game

I’ll be there eventually lol. I finish everything I need by spring! 

you did reserve one room for just uhhh...Matrix and I right? You know..southern hospitality 

20 days ago
2/22/11
okiebug -
captainplanet -

Hernan and Matrix:

I've never felt one way or the other till tonight when he ripped of off Mason Rudolph's helmet and smacked him with it.  All I can say that it's about time.  Glad he stepped up and finally did what we've all felt like doing.  F@ck Mason Rudolph. 

Lmao I didn’t even think Garrett had that in him. The penalties I can see for, but definitely not the helmet thing. He is a nerd at heart apparently and is obsessed with dinosaurs. He is actually a very down to earth dude and doesn’t care much about the celebrity spotlight. 

20 days ago
2/22/11
captainplanet -

Hernan and Matrix:

Nope, he was known as the nerdy football player at college station who would hang out with normal people more so than athletes at times. He didn’t really party, but I was there during the tannehill/manziel years. I never saw anything violent from him Garrett though, even during his playing days at A&M. I think he wanted to be a museum curator at one point so all that anger finally built up.