OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

24 days ago
2/22/11

Texas A&M with the natty as long as we beat Clemson, Bama, and Georgia. Brutal schedule 

24 days ago
2/22/11

Playoff prediction:

Oklahoma 

Bama

clemson 

Ohio State 

24 days ago
1/30/03

Every team has their guy that was the best and will never be replaced. I would've laid down in traffic for Paul. The nicest guy ever. If you were around him he made it seem like he showed up to wherever you were just to see you and he'd do that with everyone in the room. Always the gentleman.

13 years ago today he died in a car wreck. RIP, Paul.

Little cheesy but I wanted to post this. Oh my!

24 days ago
2/22/11

I actually think Wisconsin, Harvard of Midwest, will get far 

24 days ago
11/9/05

Has Wisconsin even figured out who their QB is?

24 days ago
1/30/03

Matrix I think Starkel gets the nod. Hicks knows the offense better but he's not as talented. 

Plus I like watching Starkel throw the ball.

24 days ago
1/30/03

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/jul/31/a-fresh-start-20190731-1/

And he's a cocky son of a bitch. I like that.

24 days ago
5/29/15
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

UW lost a ton of guys despite upgrading at QB.

I’d be happy with a top 20 finish.

yeah, but y'all play in the pac 12. should be 12-0

Ducks will pound UW this year. 10 returning starters on offense and 7 on defense, most of them are multiple year starters. They should be really good this year.

24 days ago
7/15/11
Animal Chin -

Matrix I think Starkel gets the nod. Hicks knows the offense better but he's not as talented. 

Plus I like watching Starkel throw the ball.

Yeah he’s a good dude. You guys got a helluva arm. I hope he has a lot of success! Just not in the big D

24 days ago
3/13/08
National Champion: Alabama

Heisman Winner: Jake Fromm

Hope ASU is competitive (Forks Up), but doubt they'll be in anything better than a No-Name Bowl by year's end...
24 days ago
11/15/07

B O O M E R ! ! !

24 days ago
3/13/08
Fan of Fanboys - It's that time of the year again. Let's get things started!

Way too early top 10 (Subject to Change from Sporting News/USA Today)

1. Alabama

2.Clemson

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

6. Texas

7. LSU

8. Florida

9. Notre Dame

10. Michigan

Playoff Prediction: UGA, Clemson, Texas, Washington/another SEC team

Sounds pretty accurate (As of 31 July 2019), except Spencer Rattler might start @ Oklahoma as a True Freshman and he's not exactly Trevor Lawrence... That said, Oklahoma might not be a Top 10 team and Michigan has some sorting out within their Receiver Corp and Offensive Line too... Michigan might be #30 in the Final AP Poll in early 2020...
24 days ago
3/13/08
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Ducks will pound UW this year. 10 returning starters on offense and 7 on defense, most of them are multiple year starters. They should be really good this year.

Pac 12 is my favorite conference... but it's not like any of the teams are really a threat to the Alabama's and Clemsons of college football...

Thinking Wash or Wash St to top the conference...
24 days ago
3/13/08
HernanCortes - 

Texas A&M with the natty as long as we beat Clemson, Bama, and Georgia. Brutal schedule 

Very brutal!
24 days ago
3/13/08
Surprisingly good team of 2019-2020: Florida State

They're not going to be a shitshow like they were in 2018-2019...
24 days ago
2/22/11
itskrisdude -

It’s not that blue chip true freshman? 

24 days ago
2/22/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Pac 12 is my favorite conference... but it's not like any of the teams are really a threat to the Alabama's and Clemsons of college football...

Always a fan of Washington state mostly because of Leach lol 

24 days ago
3/29/13
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

11-1 for the Tigers this year or I will be pissed and start yelling for Ed to be fired. 

And last years UGA game is one of the top 3 home games I’ve ever been to. Other 2 are 2003 vs UGA and 2007 vs Florida. 

So you guys are finally beating Bama I see!

Oh boy, I pray that A&M ends up being a night game this year. Death Valley is going to be fired up for that one. 

You talking about the off brand Death Valley in LSU? Or the real Death Valley (also original Death Valley) in Clemson?

24 days ago
1/30/03
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

11-1 for the Tigers this year or I will be pissed and start yelling for Ed to be fired. 

And last years UGA game is one of the top 3 home games I’ve ever been to. Other 2 are 2003 vs UGA and 2007 vs Florida. 

So you guys are finally beating Bama I see!

Oh boy, I pray that A&M ends up being a night game this year. Death Valley is going to be fired up for that one. 

You talking about the off brand Death Valley in LSU? Or the real Death Valley (also original Death Valley) in Clemson?

Lol.

Makes me think of UT. UT is Tennessee. It was a university before Texas was a state.

Edited: 24 days ago
11/9/05
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

lol I mean, basically no team is a real threat to Bama and Clemson.

When either of those guys lose, except to each other, it’s usually a one-off.

Oregon is the favorite barring injury to Herbert, and Wazzu will finish in the middle somewhere.

24 days ago
11/9/05
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -

Looks like the backup from last year is ahead right now, but battle is still wide open. 

I don’t think Wisconsin is making much noise this year.

24 days ago
2/22/11
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Oregon is the favorite barring injury to Herbert, and Wazzu will finish in the middle somewhere.

Although it’s early, I think Clemson’s biggest challenge might be A&M considering the timing and early start of season. Last year A&M lost by 1 TD

24 days ago
2/22/11
itskrisdude -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -

Looks like the backup from last year is ahead right now, but battle is still wide open. 

I don’t think Wisconsin is making much noise this year.

Welp, I have Ohio State as my choice from big 10, curious to see what Fields does. 

OU with Hurts should make noise in big 12. 

24 days ago
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Although it’s early, I think Clemson’s biggest challenge might be A&M considering the timing and early start of season. Last year A&M lost by 1 TD

By 2 and we missed a 2 point conversion. We are definitely the best team Clemson will see until the playoff.

We meeting at Northgate when we get that Natty?!

24 days ago
11/9/05

The challenge isn’t one game, it’s being great throughout an entire season, and 2 teams have done that better than anyone over the last 4 years.

Until another school steps up and wins as consistently as Bama and Clemson, those two are in a league of their own.