OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

7/31/19 8:35 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -

Has Wisconsin even figured out who their QB is?

It’s not that blue chip true freshman? 

Looks like the backup from last year is ahead right now, but battle is still wide open. 

I don’t think Wisconsin is making much noise this year.

Mertz is very good. It wouldn’t shock me to see him get some quality time early. Midwest Harvard might make a little noise but I look for Ohio St. with Fields. He SHOULD NOT be playing though. Fake outrage is not a good reason.

7/31/19 8:37 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -

The challenge isn’t one game, it’s being great throughout an entire season, and 2 teams have done that better than anyone over the last 4 years.

Until another school steps up and wins as consistently as Bama and Clemson, those two are in a league of their own.

Truth. I’d love a little parity but you have to recruit with the big boys if you want to play ball. Clemson is a great example that it can be done but it’s not easy.

7/31/19 8:39 PM
11/9/05

Haha shit, forgot about Fields going to Ohio State. We’ll see how they do without Urban.

7/31/19 8:40 PM
11/9/05
Matrix -
itskrisdude -

The challenge isn’t one game, it’s being great throughout an entire season, and 2 teams have done that better than anyone over the last 4 years.

Until another school steps up and wins as consistently as Bama and Clemson, those two are in a league of their own.

Truth. I’d love a little parity but you have to recruit with the big boys if you want to play ball. Clemson is a great example that it can be done but it’s not easy.

Dabo is legit though. They have a national footprint now but it only came after he proved his worth as a coach.

7/31/19 8:43 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

UW lost a ton of guys despite upgrading at QB.

I’d be happy with a top 20 finish.

yeah, but y'all play in the pac 12. should be 12-0

Ducks will pound UW this year. 10 returning starters on offense and 7 on defense, most of them are multiple year starters. They should be really good this year.

Pac 12 is my favorite conference... but it's not like any of the teams are really a threat to the Alabama's and Clemsons of college football...

Thinking Wash or Wash St to top the conference...

lol I mean, basically no team is a real threat to Bama and Clemson.

When either of those guys lose, except to each other, it’s usually a one-off.

Oregon is the favorite barring injury to Herbert, and Wazzu will finish in the middle somewhere.

Although it’s early, I think Clemson’s biggest challenge might be A&M considering the timing and early start of season. Last year A&M lost by 1 TD

By 2 and we missed a 2 point conversion. We are definitely the best team Clemson will see until the playoff.

We meeting at Northgate when we get that Natty?!

Dixie Chicken, 

damn it I forgot it was by 2, why did you have to remind me :(! We are much better this year though

7/31/19 8:48 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Ducks will pound UW this year. 10 returning starters on offense and 7 on defense, most of them are multiple year starters. They should be really good this year.

Pac 12 is my favorite conference... but it's not like any of the teams are really a threat to the Alabama's and Clemsons of college football...

Oregon is the favorite barring injury to Herbert, and Wazzu will finish in the middle somewhere.

Although it’s early, I think Clemson’s biggest challenge might be A&M considering the timing and early start of season. Last year A&M lost by 1 TD

By 2 and we missed a 2 point conversion. We are definitely the best team Clemson will see until the playoff.

Dixie Chicken, 

damn it I forgot it was by 2, why did you have to remind me :(! We are much better this year though

Monica

Yeah I believe that to be the case as well

7/31/19 9:02 PM
6/8/10
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

11-1 for the Tigers this year or I will be pissed and start yelling for Ed to be fired. 

And last years UGA game is one of the top 3 home games I’ve ever been to. Other 2 are 2003 vs UGA and 2007 vs Florida. 

So you guys are finally beating Bama I see!

Oh boy, I pray that A&M ends up being a night game this year. Death Valley is going to be fired up for that one. 

You talking about the off brand Death Valley in LSU? Or the real Death Valley (also original Death Valley) in Clemson?

I love Clemson for what they did to Bama last year, but let’s make one thing clear, there is only one Death Valley and it’s in Baton Rouge. When the other one registers an earthquake, get back to me. 

7/31/19 9:09 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -
Matrix -
itskrisdude -

Dabo is legit though. They have a national footprint now but it only came after he proved his worth as a coach.

He is legit but let’s be honest.. He was a WR coach before he got that job iirc. They recruited around 10th until Watson did his thing. I give them and him all the props but they showed it’s about a coach, facilities and recruiting. If you can put those things together it can be done.

7/31/19 9:15 PM
1/30/03
T Sauce -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

11-1 for the Tigers this year or I will be pissed and start yelling for Ed to be fired. 

And last years UGA game is one of the top 3 home games I’ve ever been to. Other 2 are 2003 vs UGA and 2007 vs Florida. 

Oh boy, I pray that A&M ends up being a night game this year. Death Valley is going to be fired up for that one. 

You talking about the off brand Death Valley in LSU? Or the real Death Valley (also original Death Valley) in Clemson?

I love Clemson for what they did to Bama last year, but let’s make one thing clear, there is only one Death Valley and it’s in Baton Rouge. When the other one registers an earthquake, get back to me. 

When did that silly earthquake thing happen?

I can't remember.

7/31/19 9:17 PM
11/9/05

He was assistant head coach while WR’s coach, but I don’t see what that has to do with anything. Once he got the job he executed.

It’s no different than Saban. He’s an elite recruiter because he’s shown to be a great coach and effective talent developer. He lands the cream of the crop because recruits know he can win games and make you an NFL player at the same time. Same deal with Swinney.

My whole point is he’s landing top 3 classes every year because he’s shown he can do it all. He’s not just a guy winning games simply because he can out recruit everyone. That’s just one variable in the equation.

7/31/19 9:23 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -

He was assistant head coach while WR’s coach, but I don’t see what that has to do with anything. Once he got the job he executed.

It’s no different than Saban. He’s an elite recruiter because he’s shown to be a great coach and effective talent developer. He lands the cream of the crop because recruits know he can win games and make you an NFL player at the same time. Same deal with Swinney.

My whole point is he’s landing top 3 classes every year because he’s shown he can do it all. He’s not just a guy winning games simply because he can out recruit everyone. That’s just one variable in the equation.

I listed 3 variables. I’m not downing Dabo at all. I am saying he was pretty unknown and made it work. Shows it can be done by certain programs with a certain kind of backing. I like Dabo. His program better hold off on those PED’s though...

Sorry I had to! Don’t scream at me Kaep!

7/31/19 9:24 PM
11/9/05

I misread your initial response

7/31/19 9:31 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -

I misread your initial response

No biggie. I really do like what they’ve done as a program. It’s impressive.

7/31/19 9:36 PM
2/22/11
T Sauce -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

https://youtu.be/86d54qn5_dc

7/31/19 9:59 PM
12/19/10
T Sauce -

I was there also.   But I’m a Dawg living amongst coon asses

7/31/19 10:07 PM
3/29/13
T Sauce -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

Uh when LSU makes a top 5 loudest game list let me know, even LSU says it's not the real Death Valley 

http://www.lsureveille.com/sports/football/which-tiger-team-owns-the-real-death-valley/article_e9576f3a-180a-11e2-bd8e-0019bb30f31a.html

7/31/19 10:18 PM
3/13/08
Matrix -
itskrisdude -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -

Looks like the backup from last year is ahead right now, but battle is still wide open. 

Mertz is very good. It wouldn’t shock me to see him get some quality time early. Midwest Harvard might make a little noise but I look for Ohio St. with Fields. He SHOULD NOT be playing though. Fake outrage is not a good reason.

Mertz should be good... you can now buy his 2019 Leaf autographs on eBay (he was a high school All American)...

7/31/19 10:19 PM
3/13/08
HernanCortes -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Always a fan of Washington state mostly because of Leach lol 

Ha! 

Washington State never has been the same since Drew Bledsoe left in 1993:)

7/31/19 10:22 PM
3/13/08
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Good points:) 

Alabama and Clemson are college football... at least for the last few years... would love to see the Georgia's and Penn States beat them like Ohio State did a handful of years ago...

7/31/19 10:34 PM
6/30/14
SgtJustinTeplitz - 
Fan of Fanboys - It's that time of the year again. Let's get things started!

Way too early top 10 (Subject to Change from Sporting News/USA Today)

1. Alabama

2.Clemson

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Oklahoma

6. Texas

7. LSU

8. Florida

9. Notre Dame

10. Michigan

Playoff Prediction: UGA, Clemson, Texas, Washington/another SEC team

Sounds pretty accurate (As of 31 July 2019), except Spencer Rattler might start @ Oklahoma as a True Freshman and he's not exactly Trevor Lawrence... That said, Oklahoma might not be a Top 10 team and Michigan has some sorting out within their Receiver Corp and Offensive Line too... Michigan might be #30 in the Final AP Poll in early 2020...

Barring injury Hurts is the starting QB for Oklahoma
7/31/19 10:35 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 

UGA is knocking on that door

they have not lost a divisional game since the 2016 season
24-5 over the last two seasons and that includes a playoff win and a SEC championship

they are not there yet, but they are close
7/31/19 10:36 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Bryant was the QB then

Different game with T-Law at the helm
7/31/19 10:38 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
itskrisdude -
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -

two former UGA 5* QBs are playing for other teams this season. I'll be rooting for one and against the other

Fields of dreams can go choke somewhere
7/31/19 10:38 PM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
HernanCortes -
itskrisdude -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
TheDalton - 
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 

Bryant was the QB then

Different game with T-Law at the helm

To be fair Bryant way outplayed Lawrence although it was very early in the season. I think Clemson loses that game without Bryant 

7/31/19 10:48 PM
3/13/08
sted: 1 day ago Member Since: 2/25/08

Here is a glimpse of the new thread:

- "insert any" poll sucks and "this team" should be way lower or not ranked at all, must be bogus recruiting rankings and ESPN bias.

Yep... Michigan's a dumpster fire and Not top ten caliber...

- my team isn't full of trouble makers so I can claim a moral high ground even when we lose.

Lol... ASU is a joke... they'll be lucky to be .500 ... Too much temptation in Tempe, AZ, so there will be some DUIs, DWIs, and violations...

- LOL, that conference plays defense?

Conference USA is pretty much high school football second stringers

- Something, something, Harvard of the Midwest.

Miami Ohio, the Harvard of the Midwest

- X player has no business being on a Heisman watch list.

Jacob Eason is on the Heisman watch list. This big bodied bozo really has no business being on the Heisman watch list and being a Vegas betting favorite... he'll still be in the NFL one day, as teams love 6'4 220 guys like Christian Hackenberg until they put pads on

- The Big 12 or PAC 12 will implode and there will be realignment talk.

Lol

- CFP should expand.

There will alway be a Big Ten School whining about not making the final four cut:)

There are so many more and I can't wait.

Me too. There will be a lot of Roll Tide Roll comments ... hope LSU can give them competition and Saban gets a few Ls... The Texas A&M Clemson game last year was a nail biter... Would like to see A&M successful...