OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/31/19 11:24 PM
5/9/06

Nice win Auburn!

8/31/19 11:25 PM
3/13/08
Diabeetus - 

Lol what the hell was that? Almost made the seats with that throw.

Lol
Edited: 8/31/19 11:25 PM
2/5/06
itskrisdude - 

Ballsy call considering just a holding penalty sends them back ten yards.

Epic collapse from Oregon.

I wouldn't call it a collapse. Oregon was never up by more than 2 scores. I thought Auburn outplayed the Ducks the majority of the 2nd half. Still a sucky loss for the Ducks, though.

8/31/19 11:25 PM
3/13/08
Morgz - 

Nice win Auburn!

Best game this weekend
8/31/19 11:26 PM
6/30/14
SgtJustinTeplitz - 
Morgz - 

Nice win Auburn!

Best game this weekend

absolutely
8/31/19 11:27 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I wouldn't call it a collapse. Oregon was never up by more than 2 scores. I thought Auburn outplayed the Ducks the majority of the 2nd half. Still a sucky loss for the Ducks, though.

I would. 

The defense got soft and the offense did nothing after the first drive of the second half.

On the last drive, they managed to give up a TD and lose all clock to a team just trying to get in FG range, against a QB that hadn't really done anything all day. They fell apart.

8/31/19 11:29 PM
2/22/11
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

Good game but I feel like auburn won't be a true contender this year due to lack of experience despite tonight's win. 

I see them losing to LSU, Florida (if they can play offense), A&M, Georgia, and Bama. 

8/31/19 11:31 PM
2/5/06
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

The defense got soft and the offense did nothing after the first drive of the second half.

On the last drive, they managed to give up a TD and lose all clock to a team just trying to get in FG range, against a QB that hadn't really done anything all day. They fell apart.

They left a lot of points on the board in the 1st half. I would call that missed opportunities, not a collapse.

But the reason the D was getting gashed was because Auburn was the better team in the 2nd half. I'm not going to take that away from the Tigers.

9/4/17
itskrisdude -
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

Gotta think about who they played against. That auburn defense is the truth. I think the auburn fell asleep. Didn't think they could get burnt. 

11/9/05

Yeah Auburn could beat Florida, but I think Georgia and Bama wreck them.

8/31/19 11:32 PM
5/9/06
Fan of Fanboys -
Morgz - 
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

The SEC is so unbeatable and good, just like every other year

Love it. Every year, no discussion. Lived in GA over 40 years and the SEC fans here will tell you they are the best conference, top to bottom, every year, no question. Never been a year they weren't the best. 

how many seasons on the last 12 or so years has that not been true? not just national champ, though the SEC has won most (4 different teams with an appearance by a 5th) but top to bottom as you say. how many years has that statement not been true?

feel free to look up season total OOC records for both the regular and postseason

I don't care for the s-e-c guys when their teams have done nothing to contribute and it is not true but the anti-sec guys just for the sake of it are just as bad.

use ooc records, or sagarin, or s&p+, or whatever else. just be factual

I'm not an SEC hater. I just spent 3 hours watching Auburn and UGA games rooting for both of them. I'll root for both of them every week (except when GA plays Tech). I also don't deny the SEC has been very strong a lot of years.

It's the dumdum rednecks that think "because SEC man!" that are annoying and laughable. The ones that think Vanderbilt would go 8-2 in any other P5 conference. 

8/31/19 11:35 PM
11/9/05
William H Muncy -
itskrisdude -
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

Gotta think about who they played against. That auburn defense is the truth. I think the auburn fell asleep. Didn't think they could get burnt. 

lol

Edited: 8/31/19 11:37 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

They left a lot of points on the board in the 1st half. I would call that missed opportunities, not a collapse.

But the reason the D was getting gashed was because Auburn was the better team in the 2nd half. I'm not going to take that away from the Tigers.

I saw endless plays where Oregon was in position to make a tackle, or stop a pass, and couldn't.

Those guys were exhausted despite winning the time of posession, and failed to make plays as a result. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

im not taking all credit away from auburn though, they showed heart.

8/31/19 11:37 PM
9/4/17
itskrisdude -

Yeah Auburn could beat Florida, but I think Georgia and Bama wreck them.

I like that you're actually moderate on basically everything. I respect you you as a poster. Don't know you personally so I can't comment on that. 

8/31/19 11:38 PM
9/4/17
itskrisdude -
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

I saw endless plays where Oregon was in position to make a tackle, or stop a pass, and couldn't.

Those guys were exhausted despite winning the time of posession, and failed to make plays as a result. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Those kids were exhausted. They wanted nothing to do with the 4th quarter 

8/31/19 11:45 PM
1/2/14

Bob Davie in the hospital after New Mexico won. Sounds like a heart attack. Hope he recovers. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27511446/bob-davie-hospitalized-new-mexico-opener

8/31/19 11:47 PM
7/5/13

8/31/19 11:47 PM
2/5/06
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

They did miss a lot of tackles, esp in the 2nd half. And the D was indeed gassed in the 2nd half, in large part bc Auburn was starting to own the line of scrimmage.

I chalk this one up to Auburn finding a way, and Oregon not. So yeah, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I will say I'm not disgusted by the Ducks, though (unlike after some of the Ls I've seen from a couple of years ago). I thought they were pretty physical for a good chunk of the game. That loss was fuckin' gut-wrenching, though.

Should be a good one at Husky Stadium later this year.

8/31/19 11:49 PM
11/9/05
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 
Thingading -
itskrisdude - 

I would. 

They did miss a lot of tackles, esp in the 2nd half. And the D was indeed gassed in the 2nd half, in large part bc Auburn was starting to own the line of scrimmage.

I chalk this one up to Auburn finding a way, and Oregon not. So yeah, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I will say I'm not disgusted by the Ducks, though (unlike after some of the Ls I've seen from a couple of years ago). I thought they were pretty physical for a good chunk of the game. That loss was fuckin' gut-wrenching, though.

Should be a good one at Husky Stadium later this year.

Fasho. Can't wait.

9/1/19 12:05 AM
12/23/02

War Damn Eagle!

9/1/19 12:25 AM
6/22/09

Well there goes SC's season.

Not that they were going to be any good anyways.  But that looked bad.

Fuck.

9/1/19 12:30 AM
6/22/09

At least Oregon did lay that egg.

9/1/19 12:30 AM
11/9/05
Meohfumado -

Fuck.

That was ugly

9/1/19 12:36 AM
6/30/14
Meohfumado -

Fuck.

Looking at it all wrong. You're getting closer to Urban as your coach

I actually think it'd be good for CFB. It'll force the rest of the Pac 12 to step it up 

9/1/19 12:37 AM
6/30/14

I am not watching the game. Was it bad play or injury? Just read your post again and don't want to be a dick if it was an injury