OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

Edited: 6 days ago
7/1/15
Matrix -

Mel Tucker to Sparty. Interesting.

I don't know anything about him but on local radio they're saying he's a great recruiter and is a great defensive mind. I hope so. MSU defense the past few years made me want to pour bleach into my eyes 

6 days ago
6/30/14
Vegito Blue - 
Matrix -

I don't know anything about him but on local radio they're saying he's a great recruiter and is a great offensive mind. I hope so. MSU defense the past few years made me want to pour bleach into my eyes 

"great offensive mind"

typo?

He was Kirby's DC at UGA
6 days ago
6/5/03

Geaux Tigers

6 days ago
7/1/15
Fan of Fanboys -
Vegito Blue - 
Matrix -

I don't know anything about him but on local radio they're saying he's a great recruiter and is a great offensive mind. I hope so. MSU defense the past few years made me want to pour bleach into my eyes 

"great offensive mind"

typo?

He was Kirby's DC at UGA

Yeah I meant to say defensive mind smh

6 days ago
7/1/15

Nick Saban has hired Mel Tucker 3x in the past. Apparently he told MSU to hire him as their new Head Coach. If saban will vouch for you then man that makes me feel better for sure 

6 days ago
5/24/18

Tucker has a lot of work to do. MSU doesn't have a Big Ten caliber qb or Offensive line. He needs to recruit some talent. Something like 8 or 9 defensive starters are gone too. I'll be happy with a bowl game next year, but I'm betting on under .500 in year 1

6 days ago
7/1/15
DemonDeacon -

Tucker has a lot of work to do. MSU doesn't have a Big Ten caliber qb or Offensive line. He needs to recruit some talent. Something like 8 or 9 defensive starters are gone too. I'll be happy with a bowl game next year, but I'm betting on under .500 in year 1

Tucker will have a good 2-3 years of a grace period with me. He's got a lot of work to do. I'm glad the school has raised their budget for coordinators that's huge 

6 days ago
1/1/01

Two OSU seniors got arrested for rape rape in Columbus. 

https://www.fox19.com/2020/02/12/osu-football-players-including-colerain-grad-arrested-rape-kidnapping-charges/

6 days ago
6/30/14
DaveFu -

https://www.fox19.com/2020/02/12/osu-football-players-including-colerain-grad-arrested-rape-kidnapping-charges/

Urban would give them a 1/2 game suspension vs a G5 team

6 days ago
7/1/15
Fan of Fanboys -
DaveFu -

Urban would give them a 1/2 game suspension vs a G5 team

Lmfao 

3 days ago
6/8/10

13 hours ago
7/15/11

You guys see where the big 10 is trying to start a first time transfer rule? A player can transfer the first time and not sit out. I gotta say on the surface I hate it bc it’ll bring up a lot of problems but then I think about guys like Fields and I’m kinda meh..

Any thoughts? Good idea?

13 hours ago
6/30/14
Matrix -

You guys see where the big 10 is trying to start a first time transfer rule? A player can transfer the first time and not sit out. I gotta say on the surface I hate it bc it’ll bring up a lot of problems but then I think about guys like Fields and I’m kinda meh..

Any thoughts? Good idea?

ACC supports it too 

Edited: 12 hours ago
1/30/03

I can't figure out if I'm for or against this transfer thing just yet.

Looking back, I'm against Starkel and Hicks being able to transfer. I'll get back to you in 10 months on Feleipe Franks

12 hours ago
7/15/11
Animal Chin -

Looking back, I'm against Starkel and Hicks being able to transfer. I'll get back to you in 10 months on Feleipe Franks

Lol Starkel was a grad transfer

12 hours ago
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

Any thoughts? Good idea?

ACC supports it too 

Yeah I just saw the big 10 started it. It’ll happen bc of how stupid the ncaa is on it’s decision making.

12 hours ago
1/30/03
Matrix -
Animal Chin -

I know. So was Hicks. So is Franks

12 hours ago
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -

I know. So was Hicks. So is Franks

I thought that was the case but I knew for sure Nick was. Where’d he end up going?

12 hours ago
1/30/03

San Jose State

12 hours ago
7/15/11

Well damn. 100 to zero REAL QUICK. Lol nah might be a place he can get a little grove going for a shot at some pro ball. He’s got a cannon for a arm. Makes stupid decisions though.

12 hours ago
1/30/03
Matrix -

Well damn. 100 to zero REAL QUICK. Lol nah might be a place he can get a little grove going for a shot at some pro ball. He’s got a cannon for a arm. Makes stupid decisions though.

Very stupid.

He threw 5 interceptors to San Jose State last season. Interesting choice to transfer to them

12 hours ago
1/30/03

But getting Xavier Kelly is a good thing. That d line needs help

11 hours ago
6/8/10
I'm for the 1 time transfer rule. Especially since schools are constantly changing out staff members after every signing day. NCAA already lets QBs transfer and not sit out for stupid reasons, might as well let other positions do it too.
1 hour ago
6/30/14
UGA vs Clemson, 2021, neutral site in Charlotte, NC. I believe it is the first game of the season.
1 hour ago
4/21/09
Fan of Fanboys - UGA vs Clemson, 2021, neutral site in Charlotte, NC. I believe it is the first game of the season.

Oh shit dawg!! That's a banger right there.