OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

2/25/20 4:24 PM
6/30/14
T Sauce -

Same, this thread is the only reason I still have the app. And the only reason I post is because I can post from the app. 

https://themmacommunity.com/threads/2019-college-football-thread.61595/page-36

2/25/20 4:26 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -

Same, this thread is the only reason I still have the app. And the only reason I post is because I can post from the app. 

We should all bounce over there. I know some will stick around and I get it to an extent. You can post super easy over there from your phone. Their mobile site is legit and it supposedly bookmarks where you were and what threads you’ve visited. Bump that thread Fan and I’ll sub it. I’m pretty fed up with this place. If they just hired people who actually knew what they were doing it’d be pretty damn simple I’d think. SpunQ/Mental straight up said it’s a legit site. Safely run and smooth..

2/25/20 4:29 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce -

Just posted. Says it’s invisible until a moderator approves it. Is that like that on every thread or just your first post on the site? Thanks btw.

2/25/20 4:35 PM
1/2/07
Matrix -
EnderinAK -

All the Bama players swear by Cochran.  I personally felt the greater than average injuries the past few years was due to the S&C.  He was amazing back in 11 and 12 when they had the biggest strongest line anywhere.  It seems more and more we have explosive fast players that need more agility.  I think there is a huge chance I am wrong but I have secretly wanted them to try something else, we just have too many injuries for coincidence it feels.  We want you strong but you need the flexibility to be able to cut with all that muscle.

I defer to you on the “in’s and out’s” but overall I feel like this move was Kirby pulling something steady away from Bama. You’d be way more in the know on how it’s been handled no doubt. Bama pulls top notch athletes year to year but there’s a balance these S&Cing coaches have to deal with.

They were good friends.  At the time Kirby went Cochran wanted 10 years at Bama to be vested in their retirement system, that is likely why he stayed.  Apparently Saint Nick runs peoe the wrong way who work for him.

2/25/20 4:39 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce -

Just posted. Says it’s invisible until a moderator approves it. Is that like that on every thread or just your first post on the site? Thanks btw.

must just be first post, can't remember. def. not every time
2/25/20 4:42 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce -

Got it. I’m in.

If this is a goodbye OG... SUCK A DICK KAEP YOU NO POSTING PANSY!!!

:))

2/25/20 4:46 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce -

Got it. I’m in.

kaep the coward is not welcome over there
2/28/20 11:48 PM
2/25/08
"Notable Vertical Jumps at #NFLCombine Last 10 Years

• OL Tristan Wirfs - 36.5” (combine record for OL)
• WR DeAndre Hopkins - 36”
• WR Jerry Jeudy - 35”
• WR CeeDee Lamb - 34.5”
• WR A.J. Green - 34.5”
• WR Amari Cooper - 33”

Wirfs is a beast. 6'4" 320 pounds. Ran a 4.8 forty (best this year for OL) and 10.1' jump (tied for best ever for OL). The kid had 2 offers out of high school even though winning state as a wrestler and also in the shot and discus - he also can do a kip up at his size.. Bama was doing some digging that last week of recruiting though.

Watch these:

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1106685320106557440

https://twitter.com/StuffNThingsPod/status/1211727394987483139
2/29/20 9:25 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
T Sauce -

We should all bounce over there. I know some will stick around and I get it to an extent. You can post super easy over there from your phone. Their mobile site is legit and it supposedly bookmarks where you were and what threads you’ve visited. Bump that thread Fan and I’ll sub it. I’m pretty fed up with this place. If they just hired people who actually knew what they were doing it’d be pretty damn simple I’d think. SpunQ/Mental straight up said it’s a legit site. Safely run and smooth..

I think I have an account there 

Edited: 2/29/20 9:27 AM
2/22/11
cbia - "Notable Vertical Jumps at #NFLCombine Last 10 Years

• OL Tristan Wirfs - 36.5” (combine record for OL)
• WR DeAndre Hopkins - 36”
• WR Jerry Jeudy - 35”
• WR CeeDee Lamb - 34.5”
• WR A.J. Green - 34.5”
• WR Amari Cooper - 33”

Wirfs is a beast. 6'4" 320 pounds. Ran a 4.8 forty (best this year for OL) and 10.1' jump (tied for best ever for OL). The kid had 2 offers out of high school even though winning state as a wrestler and also in the shot and discus - he also can do a kip up at his size.. Bama was doing some digging that last week of recruiting though.

Watch these:

I thought he weighed 364 or am I thinking of another lineman lol, but damn impressive 

2/29/20 6:15 PM
2/25/08
You are thinking of Mekhi Becton from Louisville. He ran a 5.1 forty which is also crazy for a 360 pounder.
3/26/20 10:14 AM
7/1/15

I found this pretty interesting. Same as how everyone though Tua would be the first QB drafted this year but Joe Burrow swooped in with the best season ever as a QB 

3/27/20 8:19 AM
5/9/06

I posted a response to this in the nfl thread too. I don’t agree with this guy’s assessment as of right now. I think the extra experience Trevor has puts him in front of Justin, but I guess it’s close.

3/27/20 8:43 AM
7/1/15
Morgz -

I posted a response to this in the nfl thread too. I don’t agree with this guy’s assessment as of right now. I think the extra experience Trevor has puts him in front of Justin, but I guess it’s close.

Yeah Trevor has the experience. I still think tOSU should have beaten Clemson I think the refs really fucked the Buckeyes 

Fields has a super impressive season. 41 TDs 3 interceptions and I believe 1 or 2 of those happened in the Clemson game so before that he was soooooo efficient. 

Regardless it’ll be interesting to see how they both play again this year 

Edited: 3/27/20 7:40 PM
5/9/06
Vegito Blue -
Morgz -

Yeah Trevor has the experience. I still think tOSU should have beaten Clemson I think the refs really fucked the Buckeyes 

Fields has a super impressive season. 41 TDs 3 interceptions and I believe 1 or 2 of those happened in the Clemson game so before that he was soooooo efficient. 

Regardless it’ll be interesting to see how they both play again this year 

I don’t know if I want to blame it on the refs. Even a few months removed, I don’t blame poor officiating. There were bad calls both ways, it happens. I think Clemson earned the win. I also think tOSU was still the slightly better team, and IMO would have done better in the Natty...but I have nothing to back that up. I just believe it. 

I also think with another year experience, Fields will pass Trevor, and ultimately be the better pro QB

4/1/20 1:12 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
T Sauce -

I think I have an account there 

For college football it’s a better spot. C’mon brotha..

4/5/20 10:47 AM
7/1/15

What are the best college football podcasts? I’m losing my mind in this quarantine 

4/5/20 11:59 AM
2/22/11
Vegito Blue -

What are the best college football podcasts? I’m losing my mind in this quarantine 

I’ve been watching nfl draft podcasts. Pat Macafee is good but mostly nfl. Sometimes “pardon my take” has good guests. 

“all the smoke” (showtime) just had primetime on talking about his days in high school and college/NFL 

4/5/20 11:59 AM
2/22/11

And lol @ transferring over a mike leach tweet if that’s the case. The tweet was funny 

4/5/20 12:11 PM
7/1/15
HernanCortes -
Vegito Blue -

I’ve been watching nfl draft podcasts. Pat Macafee is good but mostly nfl. Sometimes “pardon my take” has good guests. 

“all the smoke” (showtime) just had primetime on talking about his days in high school and college/NFL 

I can’t take any more draft talk lol that’s all I’ve listened to for weeks now 

4/8/20 5:22 PM
2/22/11
Vegito Blue -
HernanCortes -
Vegito Blue -

I can’t take any more draft talk lol that’s all I’ve listened to for weeks now 

Yeah now the “let’s watch the 90s or who was better in so and sk decade” is starting to get boring. 

I watch “All The Smoke” and they had prime time as a guest and Shannon sharpe. They talk about their HS and college days. Great podcast by showtime, but more of a hip hop/basketball show. Lately they’ve had guests from all sports though 

5/1/20 11:57 AM
7/1/15

28 days ago
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce -

Got it. I’m in.

I'm a coward because I can't get these retards to change my name and I'm trying to uphold a bet? Fuck off moron

23 days ago
6/8/10
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
T Sauce -

Got it. I’m in.

I'm a coward because I can't get these retards to change my name and I'm trying to uphold a bet? Fuck off moron

Oh hey Kaep, happy to see you finally came out of hiding. 

23 days ago
2/22/11

Hopefully college football comes back. NCAA president says if kids don’t return to school then football won’t be realistic.