OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/2/19 8:09 AM
9/22/16
Flaboy239 - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -

1,000th Post

Just wanted to LOL at Taint Martell for this thread's 1,000th post...

2 years ago, he envisioned himself as an NFL Quarterback and had the High School All American resume to back up his aspirations... he was supposed to be Ohio State's future star... we all know how that turned out, lol. 

Thanks to whoever it was that called him Taint Martell first in this thread... 

Anyway, should be a decent week and not sure if Notre Dame covers the -19 against Louisville...

Why the hate for Martell? I dont get it. Hes a college kid that fell short of expectations at Qb. Now hes trying his hand at receiver so he can keep get on the field to help his team. Idk see what is so funny or deserving of hate. I can understand a joke, but I see legitimate hate and mocking of this kid. Because he has a hot gf? I dont get it. 

It does seem unusually mean-spirited.
9/2/19 8:13 AM
6/28/10
AnthonyWeiner -
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - I think it's time to kick Florida, Syracuse, and Nebraska out of the top 25.

Who do you replace them with?

Anyone who didn't look like shit in victory?

such as?

Boise State
Memphis
UVa

Ole Miss is garbage.

9/2/19 8:48 AM
3/20/11
BrckNoHitBk -
AnthonyWeiner -
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - I think it's time to kick Florida, Syracuse, and Nebraska out of the top 25.

such as?

Boise State
Memphis
UVa

Ole Miss is garbage.

And only a slight underdog to Arkansas. How bad is Arkansas?

9/2/19 9:02 AM
1/30/03
Flaboy239 -
BrckNoHitBk -
AnthonyWeiner -
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

such as?

Boise State
Memphis
UVa

Ole Miss is garbage.

And only a slight underdog to Arkansas. How bad is Arkansas?

Not good.

9/2/19 9:43 AM
5/9/06
Flaboy239 -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

1,000th Post

2 years ago, he envisioned himself as an NFL Quarterback and had the High School All American resume to back up his aspirations... he was supposed to be Ohio State's future star... we all know how that turned out, lol. 

Anyway, should be a decent week and not sure if Notre Dame covers the -19 against Louisville...

Why the hate for Martell? I dont get it. Hes a college kid that fell short of expectations at Qb. Now hes trying his hand at receiver so he can keep get on the field to help his team. Idk see what is so funny or deserving of hate. I can understand a joke, but I see legitimate hate and mocking of this kid. Because he has a hot gf? I dont get it. 

I have fun with his name. I'm 99.9% sure I didn't invent it, but I might be the one who started referring to him as Taint on here. 

When Fields started hinting at transferring to OSU, I remember some interview with Taint where he was Uber cocky and dismissive of Fields even thinking about coming to compete for his position. It was offputting, and then naturally easy to bust him for transferring out when Fields actually did transfer in. I get it that QB's must have confidence and maybe even be a little bit cocky. But damn dude, try to back up what you say. It was easy to assume he tucked tail and ran. I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't think we should be faulted for seeing it that way. 

Fast forward 9 months and I learn a little more about the guy, and it turns out he seems to be a good kid who loves football. So, good for him. No true hate here, but I have had a little fun with his name and the situation. I hope he does well at Miami. 

9/2/19 9:52 AM
9/5/11
AnthonyWeiner -
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

such as?

Boise State
Memphis
UVa

HAHAHAHA 

9/2/19 10:11 AM
7/15/11
Morgz -
Flaboy239 -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

1,000th Post

I have fun with his name. I'm 99.9% sure I didn't invent it, but I might be the one who started referring to him as Taint on here. 

When Fields started hinting at transferring to OSU, I remember some interview with Taint where he was Uber cocky and dismissive of Fields even thinking about coming to compete for his position. It was offputting, and then naturally easy to bust him for transferring out when Fields actually did transfer in. I get it that QB's must have confidence and maybe even be a little bit cocky. But damn dude, try to back up what you say. It was easy to assume he tucked tail and ran. I'm sure there's more to it, but I don't think we should be faulted for seeing it that way. 

Fast forward 9 months and I learn a little more about the guy, and it turns out he seems to be a good kid who loves football. So, good for him. No true hate here, but I have had a little fun with his name and the situation. I hope he does well at Miami. 

He also sent a DM on Twitter to some cat that Nick Starkel was "Ass my dude". That cat sends it directly to Nick and he outed him on Twitter. Lol Tathan quit social media for a bit after that. He probably should've just stayed off for good.

9/2/19 10:40 AM
5/9/06
Matrix -
Morgz -
Flaboy239 -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

1,000th Post

He also sent a DM on Twitter to some cat that Nick Starkel was "Ass my dude". That cat sends it directly to Nick and he outed him on Twitter. Lol Tathan quit social media for a bit after that. He probably should've just stayed off for good.

Forgot all about that. Oh the ironing. 

9/2/19 10:41 AM
5/9/06

irony
9/2/19 12:18 PM
3/13/08
Flaboy239 -
SgtJustinTeplitz -

1,000th Post

Was just joking around... I apologize... re-read what was written...

9/2/19 12:20 PM
2/22/11
BrckNoHitBk -
AnthonyWeiner -
Fan of Fanboys - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Fan of Fanboys - 

such as?

Boise State
Memphis
UVa

Ole Miss is garbage.

Once they got caught all things went downhill 

the Hugh Freeze era was fun 

9/2/19 12:20 PM
3/13/08
AnthonyWeiner -
Flaboy239 - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -

1,000th Post

It does seem unusually mean-spirited.

Re-read what was written and I apologize...

wishing the kid the best...

was just a joke, but wasn't funny in retrospect...

Hope he does well...

9/2/19 12:21 PM
2/22/11
Morgz -

irony

"Ass my dude" was the best phrase ever 

need to bring it back! 

9/2/19 12:24 PM
3/13/08
Morgz -

irony

Lol

We all have dreams and aspirations

Tate's probably a good guy who made a mistake... who knows...

thanks for posting

9/2/19 12:45 PM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
Fan of Fanboys - USCe has lost more games to ACC teams in the last two seasons than Clemson has since 2014

3 games in a row

are you going Saturday? I'll be tailgating across from the Brooks Center

Not sure yet, right in the middle of a test at work I may end up watching it on my phone from work, if I don't end up working I'll be there

9/2/19 3:52 PM
7/15/11

9/2/19 4:23 PM
5/9/06

Lol!

that tweet was ass my dude. 

9/2/19 4:41 PM
6/30/14
Matrix -

VTFD

9/2/19 6:37 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

VTFD

Triggered

lol

9/2/19 6:42 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

VTFD

Triggered

lol

conference championship trophy is not empty

hey, where did everyone go?
9/2/19 6:58 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

VTFD

Triggered

lol

Hey we already have the natty on Jimbos desk. Just waiting for the date! Waiting patiently...

9/2/19 7:02 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

VTFD

Triggered

lol

Hey we already have the natty on Jimbos desk. Just waiting for the date! Waiting patiently...

2xxx

maybe
9/2/19 7:12 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix -

VTFD

Triggered

lol

2xxx

maybe

202X fa sho

9/2/19 8:22 PM
2/22/11

That small RB for Louisville is pretty shifty 

9/2/19 8:24 PM
1/5/07

Good response by Louisville.