OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/2/19 10:44 PM
4/21/09

5 fumbles? Really??

9/2/19 10:45 PM
1/30/03

Did someone cover the football in silicone tonight?

9/2/19 10:52 PM
6/30/14
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
Mynewscreenname -
Mynewscreenname -
Matrix -

Yeah... tech is one who should talk shit.  If it was Bama it would be funny.  But tech needs to shut the fuck or until they win some games. 

They've won one since Georgia has, fair game in an instate rivalry imo 

I don't know stats like some people.  But I'd love to see the UGA vs Tech record in the last couple decades.   It has to be 75-90% in UGA's favor.  Not to mention the last couple years.   

How can anyone make fun of UGA playing Bama harder than anyone in the county outside of the national championship team in Clemson?

At least UGA made it a game.  That's saying more then 99% of the college teams out there. 

Georgia is 3-2 vs tech in the last 5 years, pretty even imo 

UGA has won the last two and 15 of the last 18

Almost even 

9/2/19 10:56 PM
1/30/03

Today I learned that Georgia fans are sensitive.

9/2/19 10:58 PM
6/30/14
Animal Chin -

Clemson is 1-1 with Syracuse the last two seasons. 

9/2/19 11:00 PM
4/21/09

Louisville should absolutely be in this game.

Hell, they are still in the game but take away those 3 list fumbles and it's a totally different ballgame.

9/2/19 11:18 PM
5/22/16
Fan of Fanboys -
Mynewscreenname -
Mynewscreenname -
Matrix -

Yeah... tech is one who should talk shit.  If it was Bama it would be funny.  But tech needs to shut the fuck or until they win some games. 

I don't know stats like some people.  But I'd love to see the UGA vs Tech record in the last couple decades.   It has to be 75-90% in UGA's favor.  Not to mention the last couple years.   

How can anyone make fun of UGA playing Bama harder than anyone in the county outside of the national championship team in Clemson?

At least UGA made it a game.  That's saying more then 99% of the college teams out there. 

Almost even 

That's pretty much what I expected.  

9/2/19 11:21 PM
5/22/16
Animal Chin -

I keep up with college football on this thread.  That's how "sensitive" I am.  I honestly don't give a fuck.  I think it's awesome what Saban has done at Bama and it's awesome that Clemson might be "next".  I hope it's UGA.  But I'm not butthurt either way. 

My point was... Bama can talk all the shit they want to Georgia. They earned it.  GT are being haters.  Little girls if you will.  

9/3/19 5:15 AM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Animal Chin -

He said the last few years it hasn't been close, just pointing out that that is incorrect, it could easily be 3-2 if GT could've scored a few years ago in that monster 13-7 game

im aware Clemson lost to Syracuse, nothing to get upset over

9/3/19 7:02 AM
5/22/16
Fan of Fanboys -
Animal Chin -

He said the last few years it hasn't been close, just pointing out that that is incorrect, it could easily be 3-2 if GT could've scored a few years ago in that monster 13-7 game

I said decades.  And I think I remember you now.  You're the most annoying poster on this thread.  You personally made me not like Clemson. 

9/3/19 7:51 AM
11/15/07

The all-to-early Heisman watch update: Jalen out in front early, right? 

Edited: 9/3/19 8:22 AM
2/22/11
TFK_Mas Tisu -

I mean he'll put up the numbers to do so, but I'd be tired personally of seeing the same of player winning a heisman in terms of DT QBs 

9/3/19 8:23 AM
2/22/11

Anyone else have A&M winning vs Clemson? 

9/3/19 8:29 AM
11/15/07
HernanCortes -
TFK_Mas Tisu -

I mean he'll put up the numbers to do so, but I'd be tired personally of seeing the same of player winning a heisman in terms of DT QBs 

I hear you, but....I think if it is anything near a close race that he is SOL. Even if it remotely a "race", he won't win it (three in a row to a player from the same school, at the same position? No way).

9/3/19 8:33 AM
2/22/11
TFK_Mas Tisu -
HernanCortes -
TFK_Mas Tisu -

I hear you, but....I think if it is anything near a close race that he is SOL. Even if it remotely a "race", he won't win it (three in a row to a player from the same school, at the same position? No way).

If Burrow Continues success and wins the SEC I can see him winning it. 

Ehlinberger possibly...if they beat OU 

Several RBs 

hopefully a defensive player stands out toward mid season 

9/3/19 8:46 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -

We've got a better chance than that ridiculous line would have you believe.

9/3/19 8:50 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

We've got a better chance than that ridiculous line would have you believe.

Yeah that surprised me. 

People are underestimating the O and D line, which has experience and size/speed. 

Clemson was better last year (still a beast of a team but not as good as last year), and A&M is better this year. 

We shall see 

9/3/19 9:50 AM
5/9/06
Fan of Fanboys - 
Mynewscreenname -
Mynewscreenname -
Matrix -

Almost even 

In my eyes the fact that UGA has pretty much owned Tech the last 15-20 years is what makes it funny.  Of course Tech has no room to talk, but it's still a funny meme. 

Edited: 9/3/19 9:56 AM
3/29/13
Mynewscreenname -
Fan of Fanboys -
Animal Chin -

I said decades.  And I think I remember you now.  You're the most annoying poster on this thread.  You personally made me not like Clemson. 

You need to reread the first paragraph of your post where you said "they've owned them in recent years"

9/3/19 9:56 AM
3/29/13

9/3/19 10:01 AM
6/30/14

I am confused

I thought a couple meant two?

UGA has won the last two vs GaTech?

he also said a couple decades, which would be two. UGA has won 15 of the last 20

couple years and recent years are not exactly the same. parenthesis imply a direct quote

9/3/19 10:06 AM
1/30/03
Bam57Bam -
B Sharps - Not saying Louisville is going to win the ACC, but what a difference a new coach can make.

Yep. At least they look interested in actually playing the a game this year.

It still find it hard to understand what happened with Bobby Petrino. He had been a decent to good coach his entire career with a couple great seasons but last year the entire team looked disinterested.

His defenses suck elephant cock and he's not really known as a great recruiter.

He did well guys first year at Arkansas by recruiting the Warren kids and Joe Adams. Adams was committed to USC, Childs to Miami and he got them to flip. I think wright and gragg weren't committed yet. He basically told them all if they committed they would play immediately. Worked out pretty well.

After that he sucked at recruiting.

Edited: 9/3/19 10:36 AM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys - I am confused

I thought a couple meant two?

UGA has won the last two vs GaTech?

he also said a couple decades, which would be two. UGA has won 15 of the last 20

couple years and recent years are not exactly the same. parenthesis imply a direct quote

Who cares what happened 6 or more years ago, neither team even has the same coach, atleast 5 years ago some of the players are still around (which is why I used 5 not because I care about Georgia or Georgia tech in any way)

9/3/19 5:22 PM
2/5/06
Thingading - 
Animal Chin - 
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

AC, the hits keep coming.

Huh?

#1 WR goes down

Oh.

I wouldn't call Stewart #1, but he was probably going to start.

Hey, could be worse. Oregon just had its 4th WR go down. And I'm not talking 4th string. I mean 4th WR get injured. Unbelievable.

At this rate, by the time the Ducks get to Arlington next week, Herbert will be throwing to freakin' converted DBs.

I was one week off.

Oregon will be playing a DB & TE at WR in Week 2. Top 3 WRs and 5 scholarship WRs out due to injury since before Week 1.

Not really a big deal, though. It's not like anyone dropped an easy TD pass against Auburn.

9/4/19 10:17 AM
1/30/03

Another hit.

Dorian Gerald is out for the year. Strained artery in his neck. If it's not properly treated it could end his career.