OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/4/19 12:38 PM
9/22/16

LOL @ Florida still being top 10.
LOL @ Nebraska moving into the top 25.

Do voters even watch these games?

9/4/19 1:06 PM
7/15/11

I don't think Auburn should've jumped as high as they did either but whatever we'll be able to settle it.

9/5/19 1:30 AM
3/13/08

Pumped for A&M game... they might shock the world...

9/5/19 1:35 AM
3/13/08

Clemson is a 17.5 favorite over Texas A&M

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/global/

Calling an upset! Texas A&M 35 Clemson 28

Texas is a 6.5 point underdog at home vs LSU, but I think Slinging Sam and Texas to win...

Ohio St should be a much bigger favorite than 17 at home vs Cincinnati... but we shall see...

9/5/19 1:38 AM
3/13/08

Surprised USC is a 1 point favorite over #23 Stanford

Their Freshman QB is a big question mark and Stanford's defense will blitz like madmen against an unproven line...

Helton needs The Trojans to win this one... if not, it's going to be a long season for USC...

9/5/19 1:47 AM
3/13/08

How good is Jake Fromm? The man is underrated... Won the starting job over Eason and Eason is kicking ass @ Washington... just shows you how good Fromm is... Think Georgia will beat Murray St this weekend 70-7... Georgia is stacked and well deserved ranking @ #3 in the country...

9/5/19 1:48 AM
3/13/08
Animal Chin - 

Another hit.

Dorian Gerald is out for the year. Strained artery in his neck. If it's not properly treated it could end his career. 

Jeez
9/5/19 2:32 AM
6/22/09
SgtJustinTeplitz - Surprised USC is a 1 point favorite over #23 Stanford

Their Freshman QB is a big question mark and Stanford's defense will blitz like madmen against an unproven line...

Helton needs The Trojans to win this one... if not, it's going to be a long season for USC...

Stanford's starter is also questionable for the game, so may be a battle of the backups.

9/5/19 4:57 AM
1/2/07
AnthonyWeiner - LOL @ Florida still being top 10.

A lot of these media pundits can't possibly do more than watch a few highlights, listening to a boxing like Max Kellermen act like he has some idea what happened in the games when he clearly didn't watch them just pisses me off.  I am a known Bama homer and I watched the Bama game very closely, Clemson's game very closely and Oklahoma's game very closely.  Because I am a Bama fan I am rooting for Jalen, that said it was without a doubt a no brainer for Tua to come in as the starter last year.  All these guys are talking like Jalen was somehow robbed of his job.  Jalen had an amazing game but the competition level was nothing.  I am not syaing Houston is absolutely horrible but they are absolutely horrible on defense at least.  80% of his passes were to completely wide open receivers.  Jalen will have some ungodly stats this year but the competition is so much lower.  It is weird because I want him to excel but I watched Bama young offensive line not give Tua time to throw and Tua making very quick, accurate throws all game and people acting like Tua and Bama struggles because of their first two drives of the game.  Clemson was downright scary winning so big when Lawrence had his worst game of his career.  I am defintiely watching the Texas A&M game this weekend.  Clemson is a way different team than they were early last year though.  I do want to see if A&M can challenge their young line this year.  End of novel.

9/5/19 8:21 AM
2/22/11
EnderinAK -

A lot of these media pundits can't possibly do more than watch a few highlights, listening to a boxing like Max Kellermen act like he has some idea what happened in the games when he clearly didn't watch them just pisses me off.  I am a known Bama homer and I watched the Bama game very closely, Clemson's game very closely and Oklahoma's game very closely.  Because I am a Bama fan I am rooting for Jalen, that said it was without a doubt a no brainer for Tua to come in as the starter last year.  All these guys are talking like Jalen was somehow robbed of his job.  Jalen had an amazing game but the competition level was nothing.  I am not syaing Houston is absolutely horrible but they are absolutely horrible on defense at least.  80% of his passes were to completely wide open receivers.  Jalen will have some ungodly stats this year but the competition is so much lower.  It is weird because I want him to excel but I watched Bama young offensive line not give Tua time to throw and Tua making very quick, accurate throws all game and people acting like Tua and Bama struggles because of their first two drives of the game.  Clemson was downright scary winning so big when Lawrence had his worst game of his career.  I am defintiely watching the Texas A&M game this weekend.  Clemson is a way different team than they were early last year though.  I do want to see if A&M can challenge their young line this year.  End of novel.

Their line will definitely be challenged as A&M has a very experienced D line with 2 players that will probably be in NFL. Not as good as Clemson's D line last year, but still enough to compete with the big schools. 

A&M's O line should be fine considering they did well against Clemson's D line last year and everyone is returning. 

Can't wait for the game. I'm definitely a fan of Clemson's RB, but you're right that it does look like a different team (at least very early on). Renfroe was very underrated and helped Lawrence out and that D line is gone to NFL. 

This will probably be Clemson's toughest game and then they just have to beat Syracuse 

9/5/19 8:28 AM
2/22/11

Y'all be careful out there for Dorian and I'm not talking about Beckham green 

9/5/19 8:29 AM
2/22/11
SgtJustinTeplitz - Clemson is a 17.5 favorite over Texas A&M

Texas is a 6.5 point underdog at home vs LSU, but I think Slinging Sam and Texas to win...

Ohio St should be a much bigger favorite than 17 at home vs Cincinnati... but we shall see...

LSU will beat them in the trenches. I think Burrow is a clone of Ehlinger they are both very tough. The D line should be able to stop UTs run game. Isn't one of the RBs or guards hurt? 

9/5/19 8:55 AM
6/8/10
HernanCortes -

LSU will beat them in the trenches. I think Burrow is a clone of Ehlinger they are both very tough. The D line should be able to stop UTs run game. Isn't one of the RBs or guards hurt? 

They are down to 1 scholarship RB, the two backups are a freshman QB and a 3rd string LB. 

9/5/19 9:21 AM
3/13/08
T Sauce - 
HernanCortes -

They are down to 1 scholarship RB, the two backups are a freshman QB and a 3rd string LB. 

Interesting... thanks...
9/5/19 9:28 AM
3/13/08
Meohfumado - 
SgtJustinTeplitz - Surprised USC is a 1 point favorite over #23 Stanford

Stanford's starter is also questionable for the game, so may be a battle of the backups.

Thanks...

USC regularly had the best West Coast high school recruits in all of college football...

And they're only a One point favorite at home? Helton is on thin ice here... likeable coach, but man, USC is nowhere near the powerhouse it was in the Matt Leinhart era...
9/5/19 9:37 AM
3/13/08
T Sauce - 

Geaux Tigers

Joe Burrow looked great against Georgia Southern...

Agree with above poster that LSU vs Texas winner will be determined in the trenches...

Coach Ed Orgeron is a former d lineman himself and LSU will be tough on defense like they were last week, but can they go to Texas and secure the W?

Texas versus LSU has Game of the Week written all over it...
9/5/19 9:41 AM
2/22/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -
T Sauce - 

Geaux Tigers

Agree with above poster that LSU vs Texas winner will be determined in the trenches...

Coach Ed Orgeron is a former d lineman himself and LSU will be tough on defense like they were last week, but can they go to Texas and secure the W?

Ehlinger won't be able to run through LSU, he'll have to rely on his arm. 

I guess we will see who is the real DBU lol, but yeah not a fan of either team. 

9/5/19 9:46 AM
6/8/10
SgtJustinTeplitz -
T Sauce - 

Geaux Tigers

The entire offense looked great, yes it was just Georgia Southern, but to come out looking that clean, efficient and FAST while installing a new offense was impressive. Quick passes and dump offs to protect the O-Line and Burrow was a very welcome sight. 

Our defense is special this year. Two deep on the D-Line, an embarrassment of riches at LB and DBU still resides in Baton Rouge.

I understand it was only Georgia Southern but I've seen LSU struggle in these exact games too many times before. They pistol whipped Georgia Southern. I think LSU pulls it out in Austin.

9/5/19 9:50 AM
2/22/11
T Sauce -
SgtJustinTeplitz -
T Sauce - 

Geaux Tigers

The entire offense looked great, yes it was just Georgia Southern, but to come out looking that clean, efficient and FAST while installing a new offense was impressive. Quick passes and dump offs to protect the O-Line and Burrow was a very welcome sight. 

Our defense is special this year. Two deep on the D-Line, an embarrassment of riches at LB and DBU still resides in Baton Rouge.

I understand it was only Georgia Southern but I've seen LSU struggle in these exact games too many times before. They pistol whipped Georgia Southern. I think LSU pulls it out in Austin.

The atmosphere Darrel K memorial isn't intimidating at all. You LSU folk should be fine. 

If UT is losing their fans will be gone by halftime because it may be too hot outside. 

9/5/19 10:00 AM
3/29/13
HernanCortes -
EnderinAK -

Their line will definitely be challenged as A&M has a very experienced D line with 2 players that will probably be in NFL. Not as good as Clemson's D line last year, but still enough to compete with the big schools. 

A&M's O line should be fine considering they did well against Clemson's D line last year and everyone is returning. 

Can't wait for the game. I'm definitely a fan of Clemson's RB, but you're right that it does look like a different team (at least very early on). Renfroe was very underrated and helped Lawrence out and that D line is gone to NFL. 

This will probably be Clemson's toughest game and then they just have to beat Syracuse 

Renfrow was good, Ross is better. The o line is probably better than last year, the d line is still packed with 5 stars and KB won't be in the game. And let's not mention the secondary is light years better than last year

38-17 Clemson

9/5/19 10:01 AM
2/22/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -
HernanCortes -
EnderinAK -

Renfrow was good, Ross is better. The o line is probably better than last year, the d line is still packed with 5 stars and KB won't be in the game. And let's not mention the secondary is light years better than last year

38-17 Clemson

Would you say this year's Clemson team is better than last year? 

9/5/19 10:02 AM
2/22/11

Renfrow was amazing! Not just good lol 

9/5/19 10:05 AM
3/29/13
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
EnderinAK -

38-17 Clemson

I believe the offense is much better and the defense outside of the d line is much better, especially compared to this time last year it's not close

9/5/19 10:06 AM
9/22/16

I am wondering how the loss of four defensive linemen to the NFL is going to effect Clemson. Yeah, the rest of their defense is improved, but that's a huge loss. Being able to dominate the line of scrimmage, every play without fail, is an almost insurmountable advantage.

And we really won't know until they play a quality opponent.

9/5/19 10:08 AM
2/22/11
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
EnderinAK -

38-17 Clemson

I believe the offense is much better and the defense outside of the d line is much better, especially compared to this time last year it's not close

Last year's D Line for Clemson surely has to be better but we will see. That D line got the best of Bama..... 

A&M is same team with more experience on both sides of ball. We shall see...