OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/8/19 1:31 AM
10/14/03

Fucking A

Edited: 9/8/19 1:33 AM
6/22/09

Slovis - 28/33 for 377 and 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Lot of YAC, and catch & runs, but goddamn that's not a bad first start for a freshman.

9/8/19 1:41 AM
3/13/08
Meohfumado -

Slovis - 28/33 for 377 and 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Lot of YAC, and catch & runs, but goddamn that's not a bad first start for a freshman.

Well done by Slovis...

9/8/19 1:52 AM
10/14/03

Where does USC rank on monday?

9/8/19 2:22 AM
3/13/08
GenErick -

Where does USC rank on monday?

Around 22

That was a Hell of a second half by USC @ The Collusium... should they extend Clay Helton's contract by a few years??? ;)

Edited: 9/8/19 4:27 AM
11/9/05

I expected a few of these kind of losses this year but fuck that was hard to watch.

9/8/19 4:36 AM
2/5/06

Wasn't expecting that. Cal surprises me again.

9/8/19 5:59 AM
3/29/13

It's funny feaster left Clemson to get more carries, he had 6 yesterday 

9/8/19 7:29 AM
2/22/11
AnthonyWeiner -
HernanCortes - 
AnthonyWeiner - OH SHIT

I won a screen name bet.

Yes sir see 2-3 pages ago lol 

i will notifty top men tomorrow. Any ideas? And who do I email? 

Honestly... I don't want you to change your name, it just makes it difficult to talk to friends on this thread. Stay Hernan, and say a silent prayer for NC State.

You are a true gentleman. I wish you and Huma nothing but the best. And stay off those apps, don't act on impulse. #weiner4congress2020 

Edited: 9/8/19 7:31 AM
2/22/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Y'all should have a smooth path to NC game

the next hardest game is Syracuse and yeah....malvert is MIA 

Clemson is good, but not as good as last year. A&M played like shit, but defense was good. Props to Clemson and their run game. 

9/8/19 7:39 AM
3/29/13
HernanCortes -

Clemson is good, but not as good as last year. A&M played like shit, but defense was good. Props to Clemson and their run game. 

They basically just shut out the same offense that had 500 total yards against them last year, I can't imagine how you think the team is worse than last year, this team looked leaps and bounds better than the team that showed up last year, people forget Clemson looked like shit until the 2nd half of the season last year

9/8/19 8:05 AM
2/22/11
HernanCortes -

They basically just shut out the same offense that had 500 total yards against them last year, I can't imagine how you think the team is worse than last year, this team looked leaps and bounds better than the team that showed up last year, people forget Clemson looked like shit until the 2nd half of the season last year

Mond had over 400 yards last year not this year....You should be happy you won, I'm just saying Clemson doesn't look as strong as it did last year. 

I don't see why you think this Clemson team is better than last years. I mean A&M is realistically the 4th-5th best team in SEC. they are underdogs against Georgia, Bama, LSU, and maybe auburn. 

9/8/19 8:06 AM
2/22/11

And the schedule Clemson will have should be smooth sailing. They will look great headed into playoffs 

9/8/19 8:06 AM
1/1/01
HernanCortes -

Clemson is better at this point in the season than they were at the same point last season. Of course they're not going to be as good as they were at the end of last season, it's a different dynamic and players are learning/getting better as the season progresses. Just like you were shocked that Clemson dominated TAMU, I think you're going to be shocked at how good Clemson gets in the next couple months. 

9/8/19 8:08 AM
2/22/11
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -

Clemson is better at this point in the season than they were at the same point last season. Of course they're not going to be as good as they were at the end of last season, it's a different dynamic and players are learning/getting better as the season progresses. Just like you were shocked that Clemson dominated TAMU, I think you're going to be shocked at how good Clemson gets in the next couple months. 

Last year I was shocked not this year lol. 

9/8/19 8:12 AM
2/22/11
HernanCortes -
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -

Last year I was shocked not this year lol. 

^^

I just said their schedule will allow them toward an easy path to Playoff. 

Would you at least agree with that? Who is their toughest opponent? As I said, they should look great headed to playoffs. 

9/8/19 8:12 AM
3/29/13
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

Mond had over 400 yards last year not this year....You should be happy you won, I'm just saying Clemson doesn't look as strong as it did last year. 

I don't see why you think this Clemson team is better than last years. I mean A&M is realistically the 4th-5th best team in SEC. they are underdogs against Georgia, Bama, LSU, and maybe auburn. 

You think he didn't throw for 400 yards due to magic or something? No offense but outside of about 2 plays in the first half Clemson's secondary was dominant, there were no open receivers, that's the difference between this year and last year, and if Clemson really wanted to put up 40 in the 2nd half instead of running the clock out they probably would have

9/8/19 8:14 AM
2/22/11
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

You think he didn't throw for 400 yards due to magic or something? No offense but outside of about 2 plays in the first half Clemson's secondary was dominant, there were no open receivers, that's the difference between this year and last year, and if Clemson really wanted to put up 40 in the 2nd half instead of running the clock out they probably would have

It's a new year as you pointed out with a better Clemson team and the most points you can put up is 24? 

Cmon man, A&M is the 4th-5th best team in the SEC and that hurts to say, but it's reality 

9/8/19 8:23 AM
1/1/01
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

It's a new year as you pointed out with a better Clemson team and the most points you can put up is 24? 

Cmon man, A&M is the 4th-5th best team in the SEC and that hurts to say, but it's reality 

Dabo isn't about running up the score. He's about playing as many players as possible during a game.

A&M got dominated from the 2nd quarter on in Clemson's second game of the season. You said yourself that this A&M team is better than last year's team that played Clemson within 2 points. If that's any indication of future success this season, Clemson will be more difficult to play than last year's team was.

9/8/19 8:28 AM
2/22/11
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

Dabo isn't about running up the score. He's about playing as many players as possible during a game.

A&M got dominated from the 2nd quarter on in Clemson's second game of the season. You said yourself that this A&M team is better than last year's team that played Clemson within 2 points. If that's any indication of future success this season, Clemson will be more difficult to play than last year's team was.

I thought they were better until Mond shit the bed. Our defensive scheme is definitely better, and for most part (aside from ridiculous nfl caliber throws by T law) A&M did a good job.

So I will say A&M is at the same point as they were last year, but lacking in run game to NFL and Mond just had an awful game. 

And I I think this year, not last year, A&M is the 4th or 5th best team in SEC.

I just don't see in what area Clemson is better? Ross as a WR? The run game? Overall, it should make things easier for you all because I don't see Clemson losing to Syracuse 

9/8/19 8:31 AM
2/22/11

Or Miami...or UNC 

9/8/19 8:35 AM
1/1/01
HernanCortes -
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

I thought they were better until Mond shit the bed. Our defensive scheme is definitely better, and for most part (aside from ridiculous nfl caliber throws by T law) A&M did a good job.

So I will say A&M is at the same point as they were last year, but lacking in run game to NFL and Mond just had an awful game. 

I just don't see in what area Clemson is better? Ross as a WR? The run game? Overall, it should make things easier for you all because I don't see Clemson losing to Syracuse 

I said Clemson is better at this point in the season than they were at this same point last season.Not that the team that played yesterday is better than the team that played Bama in January. It is an indication that the Clemson of the upcoming months will be better than last year's team. The loss of 4 key players from our D line has not been a factor so far. 

Edited: 9/8/19 8:41 AM
2/22/11
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

I said Clemson is better at this point in the season than they were at this same point last season.Not that the team that played yesterday is better than the team that played Bama in January. It is an indication that the Clemson of the upcoming months will be better than last year's team. The loss of 4 key players from our D line has not been a factor so far. 

I think we'll be hearing it the other way around because A&M is not the team to beat and hasn't been for a long time. People keep mentioning t Lawrence and his INTs, but I'm not concerned with that he'll be fine. 

I'm just pointing out that unfortunately, my A&M team put up a good fight despite shitty QB play. Further, our RB who was leading SEC rusher left to NFL, but other than that y'alls schedule should be beneficial and you'll start seeing the blowouts that Clemson puts on. And that's after Dabo  puts in his 2nd string. 

What makes this Clemson team better than last year if A&M is your blueprint to success hypothetically? 

9/8/19 8:55 AM
1/1/01
HernanCortes -
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -
Fast Pitch -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

I think we'll be hearing it the other way around because A&M is not the team to beat and hasn't been for a long time. People keep mentioning t Lawrence and his INTs, but I'm not concerned with that he'll be fine. 

I'm just pointing out that unfortunately, my A&M team put up a good fight despite shitty QB play. Further, our RB who was leading SEC rusher left to NFL, but other than that y'alls schedule should be beneficial and you'll start seeing the blowouts that Clemson puts on. And that's after Dabo  puts in his 2nd string. 

What makes this Clemson team better than last year if A&M is your blueprint to success hypothetically? 

Improvement as the season progresses, I have faith in Dabo's process. I think Trevor Lawrence looks pretty good right now despite some INTs, and he'll continue to improve as the season goes on. Etienne is on fire, though you guys did a very good job of containing his runs yesterday. Lyn J Dixon is an outstanding RB who shined some yesterday and will get people's attention in upcoming games. As Kap mentioned, Clemson's secondary is much improved from last year.  Justyn Ross and Tee Higgins will continue to make spectacular catches. A&M is a good team who I believe is better than their ranking indicates, LSU got 38 points scored on them yesterday and UGA is not as good as last year judging by their performance against Murray State. Yeah Mond got shut down and shaken yesterday by a very good defense, I think you guys will do very well this season once Mond finds his groove. 

9/8/19 9:00 AM
3/29/13
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -
HernanCortes -

24 points against a team that was scared to do anything but run up the middle or throw 2 yard screens and run the clock out is not a bad game