OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/9/19 11:44 AM
2/22/11
Fan of Fanboys -
HernanCortes - 
HoldingTuasBalls -

So far there are plenty of teams looking solid:

1)  Clemson looks really good and will only get better as the season goes; like last year.  They need a little bit of time to get their new starters adjusted and looking to step up.

2) Bama is always good; so far they havent shown slowing down in offense.

3) UGA; we will see how they perform in the QB position.  Fromm is not super reliable.  

4) LSU; they look like they finally have gotten away from the Les Miles type offense and seem like they have a solid QB.  Their defense has always been solid but it seems the offense may be up to par this year.

5) OSU; they also look like they got themselves a great QB asset.  We shall see if they can continue performing at that level of offense and defense.

6) Oklahoma; Jalen Hurts has looked good so far in that system.  Oklahoma has always been a power offense but lets see if this year they will finally work on their defense.  If so, they can be a real threat. 

Of course these are just observations up to date, but there is a lot of football to be played and we will see their capabilities once each team gets challenged.  

Clemson, Ohio State, and OU have clear path to playoff imo. 

Will be tough for SEC, but Bama is always a safe bet. I still don't think LSU is better than Georgia or Bama yet. Burrow looks really good and the defense was able to catch up to the fast big 12 offense. 

I think tOSU's path is harder than Clemson's or Oklahoma's

LSU could be really good this season, I am pretty happy UGA is not playing them in the regular season. They smoked UGA the last time they played.

And A&M beat LSU last year! Whoop! Love how unpredictable college football is 

9/9/19 11:48 AM
6/30/14
KirkBJJ - 
Fan of Fanboys -
HernanCortes - 
Fan of Fanboys - UNC has a legit chance to be 5-1 going into their bye week

that would be pretty damn incredible

I was legitimately surprised they beat Miami, considering the talent Miami has. Mack Brown is coaching well, and I didn't think I'd ever say that. Good for him 

SB Nation had an article over the summer saying he did excellent job hiring the DC and the OC, that they were smart guys running modern schemes

To see the success instantly has been a pleasant surprise to say the least... I've been going crazy these past 2 Saturdays! Now it's Wake on the road. Another test to pass but they've aced everything so far! :) 

Playing at Wake is the opposite of playing at LSU at night haha. Incredibly laid back and relaxing. Went up last season for a game there

pulling for UNC to have a nice season
6/27/02
AnthonyWeiner - I agree, Fromm is the real deal.

Agree with you and FoF. He's a talent with great poise. 

9/22/16

Does OSU's path include a 35-point loss to some 4-7 team? Cause that's become par for the course.

9/9/19 11:49 AM
6/30/14
HernanCortes - 
Fan of Fanboys -
HernanCortes - 
HoldingTuasBalls -

So far there are plenty of teams looking solid:

1)  Clemson looks really good and will only get better as the season goes; like last year.  They need a little bit of time to get their new starters adjusted and looking to step up.

2) Bama is always good; so far they havent shown slowing down in offense.

3) UGA; we will see how they perform in the QB position.  Fromm is not super reliable.  

4) LSU; they look like they finally have gotten away from the Les Miles type offense and seem like they have a solid QB.  Their defense has always been solid but it seems the offense may be up to par this year.

5) OSU; they also look like they got themselves a great QB asset.  We shall see if they can continue performing at that level of offense and defense.

6) Oklahoma; Jalen Hurts has looked good so far in that system.  Oklahoma has always been a power offense but lets see if this year they will finally work on their defense.  If so, they can be a real threat. 

Of course these are just observations up to date, but there is a lot of football to be played and we will see their capabilities once each team gets challenged.  

Clemson, Ohio State, and OU have clear path to playoff imo. 

Will be tough for SEC, but Bama is always a safe bet. I still don't think LSU is better than Georgia or Bama yet. Burrow looks really good and the defense was able to catch up to the fast big 12 offense. 

I think tOSU's path is harder than Clemson's or Oklahoma's

LSU could be really good this season, I am pretty happy UGA is not playing them in the regular season. They smoked UGA the last time they played.

And A&M beat LSU last year! Whoop! Love how unpredictable college football is 

so did Florida, which is funny

this LSU team does feel different though. and they should be a cruise control until Oct 12th vs Florida
9/9/19 11:56 AM
6/30/14
AnthonyWeiner - Does OSU's path include a 35-point loss to some 4-7 team? Cause that's become par for the course.

I only went back to 2013 but it looks like they only lost once from 2013-2018 to a team with a losing record. 2018 Purdue who went 6-6 in the regular season but lost their bowl game to Auburn

9/9/19 11:57 AM
6/27/02

LSU definitely feels different... I think we're gonna here a lot noise from them all year. 

9/9/19 12:00 PM
5/9/06
AnthonyWeiner - Does OSU's path include a 35-point loss to some 4-7 team? Cause that's become par for the course.

The Purdue loss killed them last year. But in fairness, at the end of the season they were playing as well as anyone. 

9/9/19 12:07 PM
3/29/13

I like how we were all making fun of how bad Texas probably really is a few days ago but now that LSU beat them we are considering them as a huge win

9/9/19 12:49 PM
9/22/16
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 

I like how we were all making fun of how bad Texas probably really is a few days ago but now that LSU beat them we are considering them as a huge win

I think 10 would be a successful season for the Lohghorns.
9/9/19 1:23 PM
1/30/03

Starkel named starter.

I'm in for at least one more week

9/9/19 1:29 PM
3/29/13
AnthonyWeiner -

I agree with 10, i could also see a slip to 9

9/9/19 1:32 PM
9/22/16
AnthonyWeiner -

I don't know the current situation. Does 9 wins get the coach fired?
9/9/19 2:08 PM
3/29/13
AnthonyWeiner -
AnthonyWeiner -

I don't know the current situation. Does 9 wins get the coach fired?

No way, he's been there 2 years and already won a sugar bowl and had a top 10 finish for the first time in a decade, I think Tom Herman will make Texas great again (lol) but it'll be a few years before they are real contenders 

9/9/19 2:19 PM
2/22/11
Animal Chin -

Starkel named starter.

The Aggie Starkel? 

9/9/19 2:20 PM
6/30/14

A&M RB Jashaun Corbin is done for the season

9/9/19 2:38 PM
1/30/03
HernanCortes -
Animal Chin -

Starkel named starter.

The Aggie Starkel? 

Yessir

9/9/19 4:02 PM
6/30/14

Lynn Swann out as AD for USCw

Gotta imagine that does not bode well for Helton, right?

9/9/19 4:30 PM
6/30/14

LSU apparently did not have any a/c in their locker rooms during halftime this past weekend

Edited: 9/9/19 5:41 PM
6/8/10

LA Tech tipped us off from their visit the week before so we brought fans with us, Ed says the temps at half time were upper 90s in the locker room. Fans were throwing shit at the players on the sidelines all game and the players think that Texas staff fucked with their water too which is where the water bottle thing came from. And they only gave us 3,000 tickets all in the upper deck. Still couldn't beat us. Suck that tiger dick bitch. 

9/9/19 5:11 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys - Lynn Swann out as AD for USCw

Gotta imagine that does not bode well for Helton, right?

Not at all.

He better have one hell of a season.

9/9/19 5:54 PM
2/25/08
Fan of Fanboys - There will not be a single ranked vs ranked game this weekend

Pretty close though. Iowa State was ranked last week (T-25) and now they are basically at 26. If they didn't go into triple OT against an FCS team and then have a bye week then more than likely would be ranked.
9/9/19 6:02 PM
2/5/06

Northern Iowa is usually a pretty good FCS team, if that matters.

I take it Gameday in Ames is a go?

They finally made it out to Pullman, WA last year, so it's good to see them try to get to as many places as they can.

9/9/19 6:02 PM
6/27/02

Florida / Kentucky is the one I wanna see this week. 

9/9/19 6:03 PM
6/30/14
KirkBJJ -

Florida / Kentucky is the one I wanna see this week. 

I did until Kentucky lost their QB for the season