OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

8/4/19 11:00 AM
6/30/14
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -
Interested to see how Lawrence follows up last season's NC performance. Curious if any school, other than prob A&M, is supposed to give Clemson any sort of test during their regular season schedule.

I guess you missed the Syracuse/Clemson games the past two regular season. 

We will be their toughest test AGAIN this year. 

I was at the game last year. Lawrence was hurt and didn't play the second half

I love the Dino hire and what he is building there. There were a lot of new coaching hires in the ACC a couple of years ago and it seems like Syracuse ended up with the best hire

Edited: 8/4/19 11:05 AM
11/9/05

What I remember about that Cuse-Clemson game was the perceived choke job, and Etienne running for about 1,200 yards.

The Camping World Bowl was WV’s audition for backup QB’s, so all numbers 2’s should definitely be weary of the Orange.

8/4/19 11:06 AM
7/15/11

Lol

8/4/19 11:09 AM
9/5/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -
Interested to see how Lawrence follows up last season's NC performance. Curious if any school, other than prob A&M, is supposed to give Clemson any sort of test during their regular season schedule.

I love the Dino hire and what he is building there. There were a lot of new coaching hires in the ACC a couple of years ago and it seems like Syracuse ended up with the best hire

Indeed we did. Dino’s the man and we’re building back to the old days of Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Donovan McNabb, etc. 

And wasn’t that the game we knocked Lawrence out of? Hard to say he was just hurt when the hurt came from the opposing team. 

8/4/19 11:10 AM
9/5/11
itskrisdude -

What I remember about that Cuse-Clemson game was the perceived choke job, and Etienne running for about 1,200 yards.

The Camping World Bowl was WV’s audition for backup QB’s, so all numbers 2’s should definitely be weary of the Orange.

Yes, we should’ve won that game. Glad you agree. 

8/4/19 11:14 AM
7/15/11

This would be like me bragging about that 44-10 halftime lead against UCLA.

8/4/19 11:15 AM
9/5/11
Matrix -

Has your team been a loser for nearly two decades and is finally showing real signs of turning the corner like mine? Or are you just comparing apples to cashews for fun? 

Edited: 8/4/19 11:18 AM
6/30/14
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -

Indeed we did. Dino’s the man and we’re building back to the old days of Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, Donovan McNabb, etc. 

And wasn’t that the game we knocked Lawrence out of? Hard to say he was just hurt when the hurt came from the opposing team. 

Yeah, hurt in that game. Right at the end of the 2nd quarter I believe. Was also his first career start, and the first game without Bryant.

8/4/19 11:19 AM
6/30/14
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

But still lost 

8/4/19 11:19 AM
9/5/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Thingading -

Yeah, hurt in that game. Right at the end of the 2nd quarter I believe. Was also his first career start, and the first game without Bryant.

Almost his first career concussion, too! Damn! Just a few more inches maybe...haha

8/4/19 11:20 AM
9/5/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

But still lost 

Indeed. Beat them the year prior though. Might just do it again this year. 

8/4/19 11:22 AM
6/30/14
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

But still lost 

Ha maybe. Syracuse definitely doesn't get enough respect 

How are they expected to do this season? Is 10 wins on the table again?

8/4/19 11:22 AM
11/9/05
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

Absolutely, and the inability to take out a backup QB and stop the one working offensive weapon was a humbling reminder of reality.

But, I’m sure this year will be different.

8/4/19 11:26 AM
7/15/11
Malvert the Janitor -
Matrix -

Has your team been a loser for nearly two decades and is finally showing real signs of turning the corner like mine? Or are you just comparing apples to cashews for fun? 

I’m just fucking around. I like Dino and you guys should’ve beat them last year.

8/4/19 11:27 AM
9/5/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
Fan of Fanboys -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

But still lost 

Ha maybe. Syracuse definitely doesn't get enough respect 

How are they expected to do this season? Is 10 wins on the table again?

I’d say it’s the benchmark now. We can’t accept to go much farther back than that without the fans really losing heart. 

Dino is the key. Kids want to play for Dino and he’s gonna be a monster recruiter for us BUT ONLY IF we win consistently. 

Another good sign is we just signed a solid local kid (a 6’5 225 TE) who got offers from BC, Iowa, Rutgers and several other schools. We ALWAYS lose local talent - losing Mike Hart to Michigan years ago still hurts. 

Gotta keep winning to keep recruiting. 

8/4/19 11:27 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -

You know what game I’d be all for it? In the playoffs. 

I’m definitely okay with that. Can we switch schedules with UT though? 

8/4/19 11:28 AM
9/5/11
itskrisdude -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

Absolutely, and the inability to take out a backup QB and stop the one working offensive weapon was a humbling reminder of reality.

Who’s your team? 

8/4/19 11:29 AM
2/22/11

^^^^

Washington I thought hmm or was it USC 

8/4/19 11:31 AM
9/5/11
HernanCortes -

^^^^

Better be a team that had a better season than we did talking all that shit. 

8/4/19 11:34 AM
1/30/03
Malvert the Janitor -
HernanCortes -

^^^^

Everyone is allowed to talk shit.

8/4/19 11:34 AM
11/9/05
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

Who’s your team? 

Washington.

And I’ll save you some time before you scramble to lash out with a diss - I’m perfectly aware of who and where they are, on the verge of a minimum 5 year Natty run.

8/4/19 11:35 AM
11/9/05
Malvert the Janitor -
HernanCortes -

^^^^

Lol talking shit is partially what this thread is about, sweetheart.

8/4/19 11:36 AM
9/5/11
itskrisdude -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -

Who’s your team? 

Washington.

And I’ll save you some time before you scramble to lash out with a diss - I’m perfectly aware of who and where they are, on the verge of a minimum 5 year Natty run.

So you just talk shit to be ironic? Interesting. 

8/4/19 11:37 AM
9/5/11
itskrisdude -
Malvert the Janitor -
HernanCortes -

^^^^

Baselessly, even. Hey, you’ve got to have something to do in this thread when your team sucks donkey dick, right? 

Edited: 8/4/19 11:43 AM
11/9/05
Malvert the Janitor -
itskrisdude -
Malvert the Janitor -
HernanCortes -

^^^^

Baselessly, even. Hey, you’ve got to have something to do in this thread when your team sucks donkey dick, right? 

Wasn’t baseless at all, everything I said was true.

I suppose if I was an overly sensitive cheerleader I’d see everything as a comparative statement to whatever team I root for, but since I’m not a 13 year old girl I try to remain objective.

So when you stumble into a thread with hilarious proclamations, using anecdotal evidence against backup QB’s to support your comedy, you invite the shit talking you received.

Hopefully you don’t get too triggered and run away, as the more here the merrier.