OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/14/19 10:28 AM
6/30/14
gtr7816 - 
HernanCortes - 

Forgot about ACC, but Clemson and Syracuse maybe? North Carolina? 

Syracuse? the team that lost by 43 to Maryland???????????

Maryland is arguable the best team in the country

Maryland beat Syracuse, who beat Clemson, who beat Alabama. Therefore, Maryland > best team in the SEC and ACC

Maryland also beat Texas, who is back. Therefore, Maryland > best team in the Big 12
9/14/19 10:59 AM
12/24/16
Fan of Fanboys - 
gtr7816 - 
HernanCortes - 

Maryland beat Syracuse, who beat Clemson, who beat Alabama. Therefore, Maryland > best team in the SEC and ACC

Maryland also beat Texas, who is back. Therefore, Maryland > best team in the Big 12

since you are bringing up results from last year they lost to Temple who lost to Villanova who lost to Stoney Brook so they are arguably the worst team in the country
9/14/19 11:06 AM
9/22/16

Wake and NC State are 8-9 win teams. They are definitely better than Mississippi State.

9/14/19 11:15 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner - Wake and NC State are 8-9 win teams. They are definitely better than Mississippi State.

Miss St would've smashed NC State like A&M did last year.

Fact

Edited: 9/14/19 11:27 AM
7/30/10
Matrix -
okiebug -
itskrisdude -
Thingading -

Leach is going to somehow get Wazzu to another 8 or 9 win season. One of the more underrated HCs in CFB.

I still think it's funny Tennessee could have had him before the Fulmer coup d'état. 

Their AD was in the air to meet Leach, who absolutely would have jumped on the job, but he gets fired before the plane lands. Fulmer goes a complete different direction, and the next thing you know it's glory for Georgia State.

Fulmer is a strange story.  He stabs Johnny Majors in the back and gets his job.  Has great success,  then overstays his success as the program declines.   Some people don't want anyone successful to follow them.  Remember how bitter RC Slocum was after his coaching?

Yes please explain the RC thing to me. I'll ask him the deets on the driving range in about 30 minutes.

What is the story with why RC Slocum got ran out of College Station. As a Texas fan I was dumbfounded, he created the wrecking crew, with help from bob Davie, and had top ranked teams year after year. 

I thought RC got screwed...

9/14/19 11:31 AM
9/22/16
Matrix - 
AnthonyWeiner - Wake and NC State are 8-9 win teams. They are definitely better than Mississippi State.

Fact

nodog.jpg

The Wolfpack would have put up 60 points on them last year. You did watch non-SEC games, right?
9/14/19 11:43 AM
9/22/16
Wolfs Law - 
Matrix -
okiebug -
itskrisdude -
Thingading -

Leach is going to somehow get Wazzu to another 8 or 9 win season. One of the more underrated HCs in CFB.

I still think it's funny Tennessee could have had him before the Fulmer coup d'état. 

Their AD was in the air to meet Leach, who absolutely would have jumped on the job, but he gets fired before the plane lands. Fulmer goes a complete different direction, and the next thing you know it's glory for Georgia State.

Fulmer is a strange story.  He stabs Johnny Majors in the back and gets his job.  Has great success,  then overstays his success as the program declines.   Some people don't want anyone successful to follow them.  Remember how bitter RC Slocum was after his coaching?

Yes please explain the RC thing to me. I'll ask him the deets on the driving range in about 30 minutes.

What is the story with why RC Slocum got ran out of College Station. As a Texas fan I was dumbfounded, he created the wrecking crew, with help from bob Davie, and had top ranked teams year after year. 

I never knew why he left? Growing up in ACC country, all we knew about TAMU and Slocum is that they always had ridiculous linebackers, like they were growing NFL linebackers in a petri dish.
9/14/19 11:45 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner -
Matrix - 

Fact

nodog.jpg

The Wolfpack would have put up 60 points on them last year. You did watch non-SEC games, right?

Yeah the same team that beat A&M right? Your hatred is blinding you. NC State was not very good last year imo.

9/14/19 11:48 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner -
Wolfs Law - 
Matrix -
okiebug -
itskrisdude -
Thingading -

I never knew why he left? Growing up in ACC country, all we knew about TAMU and Slocum is that they always had ridiculous linebackers, like they were growing NFL linebackers in a petri dish.

I'll answer this in-depth fellas here in a bit. Long story short he's an Aggie for life who loves the school to this day. Hell he was our acting AD a couple of months ago and said from the get go that he was just filling in and had no interest in the job.

9/14/19 12:16 PM
1/5/07
itskrisdude - 
cbia - Time to start cooking for tomorrow.

Brisket
Pulled pork
Reuben pizza
Asian hot wings

Image result for antonio bandera gif

This motivated me to not be lazy and I got some ribs and bacon wrapped jalapeños on the smoker.
9/14/19 12:20 PM
1/5/07

Good start for the Mountaineers, hopefully they can keep it up.

9/14/19 12:31 PM
1/5/07

Holy targeting penalties.

9/14/19 12:37 PM
3/29/13

Miss st lost to Iowa, N.C. state would've wrecked them

9/14/19 12:46 PM
4/21/09

K State is bringing the heat to miss st.

9/14/19 1:22 PM
7/5/13

Go Buffs!

9/14/19 1:27 PM
2/22/11
Fan of Fanboys -
gtr7816 - 
HernanCortes - 

Yes exactly lol 

it will be Clemson's toughest opponent 

9/14/19 1:34 PM
4/21/09
HernanCortes -
Fan of Fanboys -
gtr7816 - 
HernanCortes - 

Yes exactly lol 

NCAAMATHS at it's finest.

Edited: 9/14/19 1:42 PM
2/22/11
Bam57Bam -
HernanCortes -
Fan of Fanboys -
gtr7816 - 
HernanCortes - 

Yes exactly lol 

NCAAMATHS at it's finest.

Im gud at math 

9/14/19 2:50 PM
2/22/11

Temple putting up a good fight against Maryland 15-13 

looks like Ohio State  could score 70+ 

9/14/19 2:57 PM
11/9/05

I watched a little bit of Ohio State for the first time this morning, and it looks like Fields has about and hour and half to throw the ball. He could safely take a nap back there.

9/14/19 3:25 PM
12/24/16
AnthonyWeiner - 
Matrix - 

Fact

nodog.jpg

watching one right now. NC State getting pounded by pathetic West Virginia!
9/14/19 3:33 PM
1/30/03

Lol @ Miss State.

That was great

9/14/19 3:39 PM
1/5/07

Good win for the Mountaineers. Looked like a different team than the two previous weeks.

9/14/19 3:41 PM
7/15/11
B Sharps - Good win for the Mountaineers. Looked like a different team than the two previous weeks.

Maybe the Wolfpack ain't about nothin..

9/14/19 3:44 PM
1/5/07
Matrix - 
B Sharps - Good win for the Mountaineers. Looked like a different team than the two previous weeks.

Maybe the Wolfpack ain't about nothin..

Maybe, but that was exactly the game WVU needed going into Big12 play.