OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/15/19 11:40 AM
1/30/03
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Yeah Notre dame deserves their rank about as much as Florida does, they gonna get worked

Well Florida got better yesterday.

9/15/19 1:32 PM
7/15/11

Edited: 9/15/19 1:33 PM
7/15/11

AC I thought this was interesting ^

Two of A&M's former players. Good to see both have impressive stat lines. How you feeling so far this year?

9/15/19 1:41 PM
1/30/03
Matrix -

Two of A&M's former players. Good to see both have impressive stat lines. How you feeling so far this year?

Like 5 wins will be hard.

Defense looks lost at times and good at times. SEC quarterbacks will look like Heisman contenders against that secondary.

O line sucks but Starkel gets rid of the ball quickly so that helps. The run plays look like a Pop Warner coach drew them up in the dirt during a timeout. Very basic.

The freshmen receivers are what I expected. Both of the Trey's are studs and will have very good careers.

Edited: 9/15/19 1:56 PM
7/30/10
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -
Fan of Fanboys - "I think the Irish win,"

"i don't think Georgia will cover."

well, which is it? betting UGA to cover/not cover or the Irish to win?

I'd be a fool to give up all the points. Georgia won't cover.

You did COMPLETELY change your tune

pssh

I do think Irish will win, but I want to cover my ass just in case they don't. Regardless I dont think Georgia will cover b/c i think they will lose, why should i just give all those points away?

I'll take the Irish if i get odds, straight up. You think Georgia will cover by 14 why dont you bet me?

If GA wins and covers by 14+ you get $50, if Irish win I get $100.

9/15/19 2:01 PM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Defense looks lost at times and good at times. SEC quarterbacks will look like Heisman contenders against that secondary.

O line sucks but Starkel gets rid of the ball quickly so that helps. The run plays look like a Pop Warner coach drew them up in the dirt during a timeout. Very basic.

The freshmen receivers are what I expected. Both of the Trey's are studs and will have very good careers.

Bro you guys ALWAYS end up playing us hard. Starkel might be your wildcard.

Chief was known for his defenses at LSU but I think he thrives more in an offense that grinds. Chad is quick and I think it hurts that defense.

Mond has to be committed to run more for us. It's why he beat out Nick after all. His feet add a dimension that I think we've gotten away from.

9/15/19 2:02 PM
7/15/11
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

I do think Irish will win, but I want to cover my ass just in case they don't. Regardless I dont think Georgia will cover b/c i think they will lose, why should i just give all those points away?

I'll take the Irish if i get odds, straight up. You think Georgia will cover by 14 why dont you bet me?

Interested... Give me till tonight?

9/15/19 2:04 PM
7/15/11
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

Ok so Georgia winning by 13 or less is a push? Just making sure we're on the same page?

80 to 50?

9/15/19 2:18 PM
6/8/10
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Chief was known for his defenses at LSU but I think he thrives more in an offense that grinds. Chad is quick and I think it hurts that defense.

Mond has to be committed to run more for us. It's why he beat out Nick after all. His feet add a dimension that I think we've gotten away from.

Chavis' defenses do not work with an offense that doesn't eat up time of possession. And honestly the game passed him by years ago. 

9/15/19 2:23 PM
6/30/14
Wolfs Law - 
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

well the line is currently 10.5, not 14

and it will probably go down. I like UGA by 10

the site I use for betting does not have the straight up line yet or a point spread posted. once they do I'll post it here and we can make two bets: one with the point spread and one straight up with whatever the odds are. should be there in a couple of days, at most
9/15/19 2:23 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Chavis' defenses do not work with an offense that doesn't eat up time of possession. And honestly the game passed him by years ago. 

I agree with the first part but the second part is ludicrous imo.

Now LSU was recruiting some STUDS in the secondary in the early part of this decade but still... He was a part of that. I won't name them all but they LOVED Chief.

He absolutely needs an offense that chews up clock. He's a throwback for sure. Still... I love the guy. Maybe I'm being sentimental lol

9/15/19 2:24 PM
6/30/14

I use betnow

https://www.betnow.eu/

9/15/19 2:32 PM
6/8/10
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Now LSU was recruiting some STUDS in the secondary in the early part of this decade but still... He was a part of that. I won't name them all but they LOVED Chief.

He absolutely needs an offense that chews up clock. He's a throwback for sure. Still... I love the guy. Maybe I'm being sentimental lol

Some of the defenses he had were just absolutely STACKED. I just don't think he's been able to adapt to the rise of spread offenses. 

9/15/19 2:40 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Some of the defenses he had were just absolutely STACKED. I just don't think he's been able to adapt to the rise of spread offenses. 

Yeah maybe you're right but think about this.. He was one of the only DC's that was able to shutdown Johnny Manziel. Like jaw dropping ability to shut him down.

9/15/19 2:52 PM
1/30/03
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

This is what I believe. He's not going to get the guys at Arkansas that he could get at a&m or LSU. They make you look like a better coach than you might actually be.

Not saying he's not a good coach, because he is, but he's going to have to be one with these players.

9/15/19 3:02 PM
7/15/11
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
T Sauce -
Matrix -
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

Yeah maybe you're right but think about this.. He was one of the only DC's that was able to shutdown Johnny Manziel. Like jaw dropping ability to shut him down.

The reason I bring this up is it's one of the first successful "spread" offenses in the SEC. Saban AND Smart were both baffled both years. Luckily the second year they put up points as well.

9/15/19 3:35 PM
6/8/10

He did manage to completely shut down Manziel twice, which I did find very impressive.

9/15/19 4:18 PM
7/30/10
Matrix - 
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

Ok so Georgia winning by 13 or less is a push? Just making sure we're on the same page?

80 to 50?

Correct, anything other than the 2 scenarios is a push, i'm sticking with 100 to 50, i feel like ND winning is worth more than 80 to 50.

9/15/19 4:20 PM
7/30/10
Fan of Fanboys - 
Wolfs Law - 
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

well the line is currently 10.5, not 14

and it will probably go down. I like UGA by 10

the site I use for betting does not have the straight up line yet or a point spread posted. once they do I'll post it here and we can make two bets: one with the point spread and one straight up with whatever the odds are. should be there in a couple of days, at most

I was referring to Matrix's comment that GA would win by "14+"

Sounds good.

9/15/19 4:22 PM
7/15/11
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

80 to 50?

Correct, anything other than the 2 scenarios is a push, i'm sticking with 100 to 50, i feel like ND winning is worth more than 80 to 50.

Ok I can understand that. Let me think about it for a bit. Why the confidence in Notre Dame? Hate of the SEC? Lol

9/15/19 4:25 PM
7/15/11
T Sauce -

He did manage to completely shut down Manziel twice, which I did find very impressive.

Yeah maybe it was the talent pool at the time but Bama at least equal if not better. It was impressive from an outside perspective. From A&M's perspective it was infuriating! Hence Sumlin hiring that cat away from LSU.

9/15/19 4:32 PM
7/30/10
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

80 to 50?

Ok I can understand that. Let me think about it for a bit. Why the confidence in Notre Dame? Hate of the SEC? Lol

I just think that ND has a good squad and the QB is going to have a big year.

Yes, a little hate of the SEC, I'll admit it. 

So what was the behind the scenes when RC left A&M? It must've not been too bad if RC is still lifelong Aggie.

9/15/19 5:04 PM
2/25/08

A win is a win no matter how ugly. Go Hawks!

9/15/19 5:07 PM
7/15/11
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Matrix -
Wolfs Law -
Matrix - 
Wolfs Law -

pssh

80 to 50?

I just think that ND has a good squad and the QB is going to have a big year.

Yes, a little hate of the SEC, I'll admit it. 

So what was the behind the scenes when RC left A&M? It must've not been too bad if RC is still lifelong Aggie.

I forgot about this..

It all started with recruiting. RC wasn't able to compete with Oklahoma and more importantly Texas at the time. Recruiting was a huge factor..

Basically he was big game Bob without winning really any big game (at the end of the season) other than the '98 championship against a good Kansas St.

So I guess I'd say it's similar to why we moved away from Sumlin. We felt like we could be better and for over 10 years it probably fucked us. Putting money behind the program along with the SEC/Johnny success (yes I know it was short lived but that's all it takes) is what ultimately helped. That kid should get WAY more credit than he does. Big donors SHOVELED money out after 2012.

Back to RC.. He's never left college Station and you know he could have. He loves the college and the college loves him. It was just time to move on. Hindsight says he would've absolutely done better than Fran but who was to know that at the time. Bama did not want to lose Fran when we stole him.

For what it's worth (other than Johnnys 2012 season) the early 90's were the most fun to watch overall. Wrecking Crew was as true of a statement as you can get. They were awesome and it's why I still love a good defense over a great offense.

9/15/19 5:15 PM
7/15/11

The part about RC being able to leave was in reference to him being able to coach elsewhere. He could've and he decided to stay. I see he frequently on the driving range at Traditions in Bryan. He's a hero here in town for anyone over the age of 35.