OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/16/19 9:57 PM
4/21/09

I got OK St as a live dog in that one.

9/16/19 9:58 PM
4/21/09

Fanboy, what're you feeling about the ND game?

9/16/19 10:18 PM
6/30/14
Bam57Bam - 

https://media.giphy.com/media/1swY684seKPWWMmTRj/giphy.gif
9/16/19 10:25 PM
2/5/06
Bam57Bam - 
Thingading -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Matrix -

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/young-florida-state-fan-sells-lemonade-in-effort-to-raise-money-for-coach-willie-taggarts-buyout/

$17 million buyout?? I wonder how far that money would've gotten them if they spent it on facilities when Jimbo asked for it instead. Thankfully for A&M, we never have to find out.

Lol, awesome

A freaking lemonade stand to get Florida State a new head coach... love it! Yes, they need a better coach, but need to address their recruiting department too. They need more Dalvin Cooks, Xavier Rhodes, and Jalen Ramseys and bigger/faster linemen too. Long gone are the days where you know Florida St dominates the line of scrimmage... Even in the Jameis Winston days their offensive line wasn't the best... But yeah, Taggart and Helton are going bye-bye at the end of the season...

I told my father in law,  who is a huge duck fan, that Oregon should write a thank you letter to A&M every week for hiring Jimbo.

It's scary to think of Taggart being the Ducks' HC for more than one year, especially on the heels of canning Helfrich. It likely would have been nothing short of catastrophic for the program.

I think Helfrich did a decent job of creating a catastrophy there.

Talk about back to back terrible hires.

Who's the AD in Oregon? Larry Scott...

He did, indeed.

Example of Helfrich's shitiness: According to Tua.......Helfrich would not return his repeated calls about wanting to be a Duck. Until waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late - like AFTER Saban had already offered him a scholarship.

Mullens is Oregon's AD, but Larry Nooott has somehow cast a spell over the entire Pac-12. It's bizarre.

9/16/19 10:39 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Bam57Bam - 

https://media.giphy.com/media/1swY684seKPWWMmTRj/giphy.gif

Monica

Edited: 9/16/19 10:40 PM
7/15/11

Ok Wolf I'll take that bet.

Georgia wins by 14 = I win $50

ND wins the game = You cash in $100

9/16/19 10:41 PM
2/22/11
Thingading -
Bam57Bam - 
Thingading -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Matrix -

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/young-florida-state-fan-sells-lemonade-in-effort-to-raise-money-for-coach-willie-taggarts-buyout/

$17 million buyout?? I wonder how far that money would've gotten them if they spent it on facilities when Jimbo asked for it instead. Thankfully for A&M, we never have to find out.

Lol, awesome

A freaking lemonade stand to get Florida State a new head coach... love it! Yes, they need a better coach, but need to address their recruiting department too. They need more Dalvin Cooks, Xavier Rhodes, and Jalen Ramseys and bigger/faster linemen too. Long gone are the days where you know Florida St dominates the line of scrimmage... Even in the Jameis Winston days their offensive line wasn't the best... But yeah, Taggart and Helton are going bye-bye at the end of the season...

I told my father in law,  who is a huge duck fan, that Oregon should write a thank you letter to A&M every week for hiring Jimbo.

It's scary to think of Taggart being the Ducks' HC for more than one year, especially on the heels of canning Helfrich. It likely would have been nothing short of catastrophic for the program.

He did, indeed.

Example of Helfrich's shitiness: According to Tua.......Helfrich would not return his repeated calls about wanting to be a Duck. Until waaaaaaaaaaaaay too late - like AFTER Saban had already offered him a scholarship.

Mullens is Oregon's AD, but Larry Nooott has somehow cast a spell over the entire Pac-12. It's bizarre.

Art Briles May be Available after his tenure here 

9/16/19 10:43 PM
7/15/11
Bam57Bam -

I got OK St as a live dog in that one.

Oklahoma St has beaten tu 4 straight times and 5 in a row in Austin. I like your odds.

9/16/19 11:05 PM
6/30/14
Bam57Bam - 

to give you a longer answer

UGA has arguably the best offensive line in the country, one of the best RB stables, a talented D that is solid but still growing, vastly underrated QB, talented but inexperienced WR corp but that loves to block, solid punter, and one of the best FG kickers in the country. the game is at UGA, at night, and one of the biggest home games ever for UGA (attendance wise it will be the biggest)

Notre Dame is a very good team with a QB that will make some plays this weekend. I can certainly see UGA being a little too hype and making some mistakes on D early.

But Notre Dame's biggest weakness is stopping the run. UGA's biggest strength is running the ball. My guess is 1) UGA's D will almost completely shut down Notre Dame's offense in the second half 2) UGA averages 7+ YPC this game 3) ignoring some last minute garbage time TD for pride by ND I think UGA is ahead by two TDs or more when the game ends
9/16/19 11:11 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Thingading -
Bam57Bam - 
Thingading -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Matrix -

Lol, awesome

He did, indeed.

That's like saying beetle juice 3 times! Stop it!

9/16/19 11:19 PM
6/30/14

and I could be way off

Their QB could have a career day, making plays with his arms and his legs. They score quickly and repeatedly, UGA gets down on the scoreboard and can't commit to the run. The young WRs and Fromm still do not have their timing down on longer throws, ND's D takes advantage of the one-dimensional offense.

This game ends up feeling like UGA vs Alabama in 2015

9/17/19 12:37 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Thingading -
Bam57Bam - 
Thingading -
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Matrix -

Lol, awesome

He did, indeed.

That's like saying beetle juice 3 times! Stop it!

It'll happen eventually lol 

next stop: D2/FCS 

9/17/19 12:38 AM
2/22/11

And no I'm not defending him! Just saying someone will hire him eventually 

9/17/19 12:43 AM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -

In this PC world we live in? I'm not so sure.. Btw this is one (of probably several) situation I'm glad he's being hunted. I'm also glad his son will probably get the axe with old Taggert sometime this year. 

*fingers crossed at least!

9/17/19 1:26 AM
3/13/08
okiebug - 
SgtJustinTeplitz -
Matrix -

Lol, awesome

Excellent, lol

9/17/19 1:35 AM
3/13/08
Fan of Fanboys - Games to watch, week 4

No. 11 Michigan at No. 13 Wisconsin (Saturday, Noon ET, FOX)

No. 8 Auburn at No. 17 Texas A&M (Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS)

No. 22 Washington at BYU (Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, ABC/ESPN2)

Oklahoma State at No. 12 Texas (Saturday, 7:30 p.m. ET, ABC)

No. 7 Notre Dame at No. 3 Georgia (Saturday, 8 p.m. ET, CBS)

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburns-offensive-line-has-question-marks-as-the-Tigers-prepare-to-face-Texas-AM-135712068/

2 o-lineman will be out for Auburn @ Texas A&M, but not sure if Mond could create enough firepower against a game Auburn defense. I have no clue who wins this...
9/17/19 1:49 AM
7/15/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburns-offensive-line-has-question-marks-as-the-Tigers-prepare-to-face-Texas-AM-135712068/

2 o-lineman will be out for Auburn @ Texas A&M, but not sure if Mond could create enough firepower against a game Auburn defense. I have no clue who wins this...

Me either sir... Me either..

9/17/19 1:49 AM
7/15/11

9/17/19 1:51 AM
7/15/11

^ based on what I've heard I Hope Jimbo takes the same approach (if true obviously). Either way the kid is starting to seem like a head case. Hopefully I'm wrong and he chooses A&M and sets all kinds of records lol. This recruiting shit is bananas at this level.

9/17/19 1:58 AM
7/15/11

lmfao
9/17/19 8:54 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -

lmfao

Lmao 

the kid setting up a lemonade stand for his buyout lmao 

9/17/19 8:55 AM
2/22/11
SgtJustinTeplitz -

Hmmm should be a close one 

I say A&M lol 

9/17/19 8:56 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

In this PC world we live in? I'm not so sure.. Btw this is one (of probably several) situation I'm glad he's being hunted. I'm also glad his son will probably get the axe with old Taggert sometime this year. 

*fingers crossed at least!

Briles is already winning at this new HS in Texas. He'll work his way back up in my opinion. Maybe not in California, but someone will hire him....

florida state 

9/17/19 8:58 AM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Bam57Bam - 

to give you a longer answer

UGA has arguably the best offensive line in the country, one of the best RB stables, a talented D that is solid but still growing, vastly underrated QB, talented but inexperienced WR corp but that loves to block, solid punter, and one of the best FG kickers in the country. the game is at UGA, at night, and one of the biggest home games ever for UGA (attendance wise it will be the biggest)

Notre Dame is a very good team with a QB that will make some plays this weekend. I can certainly see UGA being a little too hype and making some mistakes on D early.

But Notre Dame's biggest weakness is stopping the run. UGA's biggest strength is running the ball. My guess is 1) UGA's D will almost completely shut down Notre Dame's offense in the second half 2) UGA averages 7+ YPC this game 3) ignoring some last minute garbage time TD for pride by ND I think UGA is ahead by two TDs or more when the game ends

Too bad we already decided in this thread that teams with good kickers don't win championships, better cut him

9/17/19 9:52 AM
6/30/14
Matrix -

^ based on what I've heard I Hope Jimbo takes the same approach (if true obviously). Either way the kid is starting to seem like a head case. Hopefully I'm wrong and he chooses A&M and sets all kinds of records lol. This recruiting shit is bananas at this level.

A lot of talk on the UGA forums since the televised HS game a couple weeks ago. Rumors of him arguing with coaches and players, being suspend from his team, etc. No way to know if true though