OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/17/19 8:56 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

And no I’m not defending him! Just saying someone will hire him eventually 

In this PC world we live in? I’m not so sure.. Btw this is one (of probably several) situation I’m glad he’s being hunted. I’m also glad his son will probably get the axe with old Taggert sometime this year. 

*fingers crossed at least!

Briles is already winning at this new HS in Texas. He’ll work his way back up in my opinion. Maybe not in California, but someone will hire him....

florida state 

9/17/19 8:58 AM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Bam57Bam - 

Fanboy, what're you feeling about the ND game?

to give you a longer answer

UGA has arguably the best offensive line in the country, one of the best RB stables, a talented D that is solid but still growing, vastly underrated QB, talented but inexperienced WR corp but that loves to block, solid punter, and one of the best FG kickers in the country. the game is at UGA, at night, and one of the biggest home games ever for UGA (attendance wise it will be the biggest)

Notre Dame is a very good team with a QB that will make some plays this weekend. I can certainly see UGA being a little too hype and making some mistakes on D early.

But Notre Dame's biggest weakness is stopping the run. UGA's biggest strength is running the ball. My guess is 1) UGA's D will almost completely shut down Notre Dame's offense in the second half 2) UGA averages 7+ YPC this game 3) ignoring some last minute garbage time TD for pride by ND I think UGA is ahead by two TDs or more when the game ends

Too bad we already decided in this thread that teams with good kickers don't win championships, better cut him

9/17/19 9:52 AM
6/30/14
Matrix -

^ based on what I’ve heard I Hope Jimbo takes the same approach (if true obviously). Either way the kid is starting to seem like a head case. Hopefully I’m wrong and he chooses A&M and sets all kinds of records lol. This recruiting shit is bananas at this level.

A lot of talk on the UGA forums since the televised HS game a couple weeks ago. Rumors of him arguing with coaches and players, being suspend from his team, etc. No way to know if true though 

9/17/19 10:42 AM
8/18/06
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

In this PC world we live in? I’m not so sure.. Btw this is one (of probably several) situation I’m glad he’s being hunted. I’m also glad his son will probably get the axe with old Taggert sometime this year. 

Briles is already winning at this new HS in Texas. He’ll work his way back up in my opinion. Maybe not in California, but someone will hire him....

florida state 

Go back a few years on one of these CFB threads and I called Briles being a no good lying cheater when he was at Baylor.   It is on record.

9/17/19 10:44 AM
7/1/15

I’m absolutely disgusted with the Spartans. This will be the second year in a row they waste a historically great defense. The offense is so fucking God awful it’s mind boggling 

9/17/19 1:08 PM
2/22/11
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

florida state 

Go back a few years on one of these CFB threads and I called Briles being a no good lying cheater when he was at Baylor.   It is on record.

Many people have said that on this forum lol these threads and other recruiting threads have been going on for years! 

*cough stidham hype video* 

9/17/19 2:32 PM
8/18/06
HernanCortes -
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

florida state 

Many people have said that on this forum lol these threads and other recruiting threads have been going on for years! 

I'm calling BS on this dismissive reply.  There was a Baylor fan at the time arguing and nobody said Jack but me.  Don't try to make your candle burn brighter by trying to blow mine out.

Give me credit or just move on.

9/17/19 3:04 PM
6/30/14
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

florida state 

I'm calling BS on this dismissive reply.  There was a Baylor fan at the time arguing and nobody said Jack but me.  Don't try to make your candle burn brighter by trying to blow mine out.

You're literally the only one ever 

Feel better?

9/17/19 3:39 PM
3/29/13

Who cares lmao

9/17/19 3:56 PM
2/22/11
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

florida state 

Lol Matrix has been saying it for years. Same with Weiner. Not arguing against you I believe you just saying many people have been saying the same for years. 

Edited: 9/17/19 3:59 PM
2/22/11
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye -

Who cares lmao

No! Okie deserves his credibility! He is literally the only one!

amongst others 

9/17/19 6:09 PM
8/18/06
HernanCortes -

Who cares lmao

amongst others 

You're half right but we'll call it good.

9/17/19 6:10 PM
8/18/06
okiebug -
HernanCortes -

Who cares lmao

amongst others 

You're half right but we'll call it good.

Been going down the Mike Leach rabbit hole and I had forgotten how bad he got screwed at Ttech.

Man are the getting some karma or what?

9/17/19 6:46 PM
7/15/11
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
okiebug -
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -

florida state 

DBlann and yes he and I NEVER got along bc of his scumbag coach and his holier than thou school.

9/17/19 9:02 PM
7/30/10
Matrix -

Ok Wolf I’ll take that bet.

Georgia wins by 14 = I win $50

ND wins the game = You cash in $100

Cool.

9/18/19 7:27 AM
7/15/11
Wolfs Law -
Matrix -

Ok Wolf I’ll take that bet.

Georgia wins by 14 = I win $50

ND wins the game = You cash in $100

Cool.

Bet. I’m tempted to throw out a bet on yalls game but the line has jumped like 5 points in two days lol

9/18/19 7:27 AM
7/15/11

9/18/19 9:41 AM
9/22/16
Matrix - 

LMAO
9/18/19 9:46 AM
7/15/11

9/18/19 9:47 AM
7/15/11

^ The GOAT ladies and gentleman

9/18/19 9:53 AM
9/22/16
"The Husky has no chance..."

Dude is killing it.
9/18/19 9:59 AM
7/15/11

"You'd have to get one of those Harry Potter activists to read up on how you kill a sun-devil."

lmfao

9/18/19 10:00 AM
7/15/11
AnthonyWeiner - "The Husky has no chance..."

Dude is killing it.

From TexAgs...

This is a fantastic thought experiment. Lets expand it across the P5 and play them off. I'm not going to list every mascot, just the formidable ones. Basically, you have 3 categories of formidable mascot: 1) Force of Nature, 2) Humanoid, 3) Animal. Non-apex animals are ignored from this ranking. Leach rightfully judges humanoids by their armament, as I will. 

Lets go with Leach's rankings in the PAC

1)Trojan
2)Bear / Bruin
3) Buffalo

I score Big 12 like this:

1) Cyclone
2) Mountaineer
3) Cowboy
4a) Bear
4b) Raider

Big 10 East:

1) Scarlet Knight, presumably mounted
2) Spartan
3) Lion

Big 10 West:

Honestly pretty soft...It's 1) Wildcat followed by a bunch of Tradesmen TBH

SEC West:

This is a tough one, bc the humanoid 'Rebel' could in context be armed, but, in practice is just an old-ass man so...

1) Tigers

Question is, which Tigers? Tiebreak goes to Auburn Tigers bc they also have a war eagle which will give their tiger a competitive edge.

SEC East:

1) Volunteers, who in context were certainly armed and viscous fighters.
2) Commodores, who presumably carry some sort of officer-issue weapon
3) Gators

ACC:

This is the best mascot conference in CFB top-to-bottom.

Atlantic division: 

1) Seminoles
2) Fighting Irish
3) Wolfpack (pack concept trumps the Tigers here)

Coastal Division:

How do you pick between the Hurricanes (force of nature), Blue Devils (mythic concept), and the well-armed Cavaliers? Like Leach, I'm punting on the mythical powers of Blue Devils:

1) Hurricanes

Conf Champs:

Trojans
Cyclones
Scarlet Knights
Volunteers
Seminoles (in OT)

National Champions:

Iowa State Cyclones, a force of nature that is impossible to defeat.

Someone else do Go5 I'm going to bed.

9/18/19 10:10 AM
7/15/11

AC, what’s up with this?!

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article235125837.html

9/18/19 10:25 AM
2/22/11
Matrix -
AnthonyWeiner - "The Husky has no chance..."

Dude is killing it.

From TexAgs...

This is a fantastic thought experiment. Lets expand it across the P5 and play them off. I'm not going to list every mascot, just the formidable ones. Basically, you have 3 categories of formidable mascot: 1) Force of Nature, 2) Humanoid, 3) Animal. Non-apex animals are ignored from this ranking. Leach rightfully judges humanoids by their armament, as I will. 

Lets go with Leach's rankings in the PAC

1)Trojan
2)Bear / Bruin
3) Buffalo

I score Big 12 like this:

1) Cyclone
2) Mountaineer
3) Cowboy
4a) Bear
4b) Raider

Big 10 East:

1) Scarlet Knight, presumably mounted
2) Spartan
3) Lion

Big 10 West:

Honestly pretty soft...It's 1) Wildcat followed by a bunch of Tradesmen TBH

SEC West:

This is a tough one, bc the humanoid 'Rebel' could in context be armed, but, in practice is just an old-ass man so...

1) Tigers

Question is, which Tigers? Tiebreak goes to Auburn Tigers bc they also have a war eagle which will give their tiger a competitive edge.

SEC East:

1) Volunteers, who in context were certainly armed and viscous fighters.
2) Commodores, who presumably carry some sort of officer-issue weapon
3) Gators

ACC:

This is the best mascot conference in CFB top-to-bottom.

Atlantic division: 

1) Seminoles
2) Fighting Irish
3) Wolfpack (pack concept trumps the Tigers here)

Coastal Division:

How do you pick between the Hurricanes (force of nature), Blue Devils (mythic concept), and the well-armed Cavaliers? Like Leach, I'm punting on the mythical powers of Blue Devils:

1) Hurricanes

Conf Champs:

Trojans
Cyclones
Scarlet Knights
Volunteers
Seminoles (in OT)

National Champions:

Iowa State Cyclones, a force of nature that is impossible to defeat.

Someone else do Go5 I'm going to bed.

A gentleman and a scholar

wise strategy from our brethren