OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

9/18/19 11:24 AM
7/15/11
Animal Chin -
Matrix -

AC, what's up with this?!

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article235125837.html

Saw that yesterday. I was too embarrassed to post it here

No words..

9/18/19 11:27 AM
6/30/14

some local grocery store in Athens pulled all the Irish Spring soap off their shelves for this weekend lol

9/18/19 11:29 AM
11/9/05
AnthonyWeiner - "The Husky has no chance..."

Dude is killing it.

He had to skip quickly over that one, thinking about us too long gives him PTSD.

9/18/19 11:30 AM
11/9/05

Leach is a treasure.

9/18/19 11:38 AM
2/22/11
Fan of Fanboys - some local grocery store in Athens pulled all the Irish Spring soap off their shelves for this weekend lol

Nice try by media overhyping ND. 

Personally, I feel like Georgia will easily beat them. 

31-10

9/18/19 11:38 AM
6/30/14

Just read this on The Athletic:

"It's been truly astounding to watch the ACC implode to the extent it has. Just three years ago, in 2016, myself and many others declared it the best conference in the country that season. Its teams went 10-4 head-to-head against the SEC and 9-3 in the postseason. Clemson won the national championship, Lamar Jackson won the Heisman, Mitch Trubisky became a No. 2 overall pick, Florida State beat a Top 10 Michigan team in the Orange Bowl and Virginia Tech won 10 games in Justin Fuente's first season. Things seemed to heading in the right direction.

Three years later, it's down to Clemson and just one other ranked team -- No. 21 Virginia. The much-maligned Pac-12, by contrast, currently has six Top 25 teams."

Referring to the 2019 season so far:

"Mountain West teams are 7-9 against Power 5 non-conference opponents, while AAC teams are 4-10. Remove Clemson's win against Texas A&M and the ACC is ... 1-7"

9/18/19 11:39 AM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - Just read this on The Athletic:

"It's been truly astounding to watch the ACC implode to the extent it has. Just three years ago, in 2016, myself and many others declared it the best conference in the country that season. Its teams went 10-4 head-to-head against the SEC and 9-3 in the postseason. Clemson won the national championship, Lamar Jackson won the Heisman, Mitch Trubisky became a No. 2 overall pick, Florida State beat a Top 10 Michigan team in the Orange Bowl and Virginia Tech won 10 games in Justin Fuente's first season. Things seemed to heading in the right direction.

Three years later, it's down to Clemson and just one other ranked team -- No. 21 Virginia. The much-maligned Pac-12, by contrast, currently has six Top 25 teams."

"Mountain West teams are 7-9 against Power 5 non-conference opponents, while AAC teams are 4-10. Remove Clemson's win against Texas A&M and the ACC is ... 1-7"

I can see the smoke coming out of Kaps ears lol

9/18/19 11:41 AM
6/30/14
Matrix - 

he'll bring up the bottom 5 of the SEC as proof the entire conference is trash

ignoring the 5th best team in the SEC would be second best in the ACC

plus, no SEC team has lost to The Citadel this season haha
9/18/19 12:24 PM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

You're gonna embarrass the South Carolina fans mentioning the citadel like that

9/18/19 12:27 PM
3/29/13

And truth be told anyway, I don't care about conference strength, I am not an acc fan, o don't care what the other teams do at the end of the day I am absolutely a Clemson fan and that is it, the only other team I pull for is the team playing against South Carolina 

9/18/19 1:56 PM
2/22/11
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

And as an Aggie, we are very bad this year. I'm surprised Clemson only scored 24 or whatever on us. 

Overhyped season for us and A&M is barely top 5 in SEC. 

Bama

Georgia 

LSU 

Florida 

auburn 

last two, Florida & Auburn, can be substituted with A&M because I think they are at similar level. 

Should be an easy path for Clemson, and Ohio State. OU looks unstoppable. And I'm going to put Georgia or LSU as the fourth team for playoff (from what I've seen so far). 

9/18/19 1:57 PM
2/22/11

And please kill ND 

thanks 

9/18/19 2:06 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

And as an Aggie, we are very bad this year. I'm surprised Clemson only scored 24 or whatever on us. 

Bama

Georgia 

LSU 

Florida 

auburn 

last two, Florida & Auburn, can be substituted with A&M because I think they are at similar level. 

Should be an easy path for Clemson, and Ohio State. OU looks unstoppable. And I'm going to put Georgia or LSU as the fourth team for playoff (from what I've seen so far). 

I disagree with A LOT of this but on any given day it can be the case.

On any given day I think we can compete with a Bama or Georgia but it's takes all things firing on one cylinder. Mond is such a huge part of what we'll become this year. Our defense is legit good.

9/18/19 2:12 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Bama

Georgia 

LSU 

Florida 

auburn 

On any given day I think we can compete with a Bama or Georgia but it's takes all things firing on one cylinder. Mond is such a huge part of what we'll become this year. Our defense is legit good.

Mond needs his groove back along with the WR Corp. so many dropped passes against Lamar last week 

then they can compete. 

9/18/19 2:15 PM
6/30/14

I am a little surprised A&M is favored vs Auburn. But I love to see Auburn lose so

9/18/19 2:18 PM
7/15/11
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Bama

Georgia 

LSU 

Florida 

auburn 

Mond needs his groove back along with the WR Corp. so many dropped passes against Lamar last week 

then they can compete. 

No doubt. This game could be a huge boost to whichever team shows up and takes it. Gotta get some swag back!

Btw I just want to say FUCK SUMLIN. Do you realize this weekend the cardinals and panthers play and it's very likely to feature Slyder and Kyle Allen as starters for nfl teams? Talk about loss for words. Both left within a couple of days of each other. What a shitshow!

/rant

9/18/19 2:20 PM
2/22/11
Fan of Fanboys - I am a little surprised A&M is favored vs Auburn. But I love to see Auburn lose so

I actually have A&M winning this one. More talent on defensive side, and a freshman QB against an experienced secondary may be Auburn's Achilles heel . T Lawrence can do it.......don't know about this guy (Auburn qb), that was a great game though against Oregon 

9/18/19 2:20 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys - I am a little surprised A&M is favored vs Auburn. But I love to see Auburn lose so

It's basically a pick'em with A&M having the home field. I think Nix is in for a rude awakening. Not confident at all in our offense though so who knows.

9/18/19 2:21 PM
7/15/11

And we HAD Auburn last year.... Thanks BAM!!

9/18/19 2:23 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Matrix -
HernanCortes -
Fan of Fanboys -
Matrix - 

Bama

Georgia 

LSU 

Florida 

auburn 

then they can compete. 

No doubt. This game could be a huge boost to whichever team shows up and takes it. Gotta get some swag back!

Btw I just want to say FUCK SUMLIN. Do you realize this weekend the cardinals and panthers play and it's very likely to feature Slyder and Kyle Allen as starters for nfl teams? Talk about loss for words. Both left within a couple of days of each other. What a shitshow!

/rant

Damn crazy to think. 

Kyle Allen is perfect for pro offense 

9/18/19 2:24 PM
2/22/11
Matrix -

It's basically a pick'em with A&M having the home field. I think Nix is in for a rude awakening. Not confident at all in our offense though so who knows.

Agreed 

9/18/19 2:25 PM
2/22/11

At least this year instead of South Carolina we get...

Georgia :/ 

9/18/19 2:32 PM
6/30/14
HernanCortes -

At least this year instead of South Carolina we get...

Georgia :/ 

You have SC too 

9/18/19 2:34 PM
6/30/14

Georgia has not lost a nonconference game in the regular season since Georgia Tech knocked off the Dawgs in 2016

9/18/19 2:37 PM
11/9/05

I saw a stat that claims Bama has only played 2 non-conference road games since Saban took over in 2007.

lol wow if true.