OtherGround Forums College Football Mega Thread 2019-2020

Edited: 9/18/19 2:46 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 

I saw a stat that claims Bama has only played 2 non-conference road games since Saban took over in 2007.

lol wow if true.

they have been big on one-off neutral site games and they have no fixed OOC opponent

9/18/19 2:47 PM
7/15/11
Fan of Fanboys -
HernanCortes -

At least this year instead of South Carolina we get...

Georgia :/ 

You have SC too 

Yeah they're our east "rival". It's ridiculous but hey they suck so it's helped our schedule lol

9/18/19 2:47 PM
11/9/05

Not once under Saban have they schedule a home-and-home series?

Weak.

9/18/19 2:49 PM
1/2/07
itskrisdude -

Weak.

I am a big Bama fan and I wish they would schedule these as well.  FWIW which might not be much I imagine not a lot of good schools are calling about these.  They still have a harder than average schedule facing SEC opponents.

9/18/19 2:49 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 

Weak.

I dunno

sometimes it is hard to find quality schools to agree

UGA had a home and home with Ohio St but when Urban took over tOSU they canceled it.

9/18/19 2:51 PM
9/22/16

I feel like this year, more than ever, we should be paying attention to the UCF and Boise State's of the world.

9/18/19 2:54 PM
11/9/05
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

I am a big Bama fan and I wish they would schedule these as well.  FWIW which might not be much I imagine not a lot of good schools are calling about these.  They still have a harder than average schedule facing SEC opponents.

I don't believe for a second it's so difficult to schedule a home-and-home, it hasn't been done once since 2007.

Bama's last true non-conference road game was in 2011. That's amazing to me.

9/18/19 2:55 PM
3/29/13
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

I really would bet anything Clemson would like up to do it, talk a lot of shit about the acc but Clemson place atleast one tough ooc game every year pretty much (fake usc doesn't count)

9/18/19 3:01 PM
6/30/14

and during the BCS era I've read they felt the neutral site games were more valuable. with the playoffs the home and homes are more valuable

9/18/19 3:07 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

I don't believe for a second it's so difficult to schedule a home-and-home, it hasn't been done once since 2007.

I think they have an upcoming home and home with those queers in Austin. Might be a neutral but I could've sworn it was a home and home.

9/18/19 3:09 PM
11/9/05
Matrix -
itskrisdude -
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

I think they have an upcoming home and home with those queers in Austin. Might be a neutral but I could've sworn it was a home and home.

You're correct, just saw that.

22-23 seasons.

The year before it was announced, Bama cancelled a series with Mich. St.

Edited: 9/18/19 3:16 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

it's not like they aren't play good OOC games, they just aren't home and home

future OOC games

2020 09/05 - vs USC (in Arlington, TX)
2021 09/04 - vs Miami (FL) (in Atlanta, GA)
2022 09/10 - at Texas
2023 09/09 - Texas
2024 09/14 - at Wisconsin
2025 09/13 - Wisconsin
2026 09/05 - at West Virginia
2027 09/04 - West Virginia
2028 09/02 - at Notre Dame
2029 09/01 - Notre Dame
2032 09/11 - at Oklahoma
2033 09/10 - Oklahoma

so they are moving to more home and home games

but I have zero problem with neutral site games

9/18/19 3:15 PM
6/30/14
KaepernicksTheAppleOfMyEye - 
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

I really would bet anything Clemson would like up to do it, talk a lot of shit about the acc but Clemson place atleast one tough ooc game every year pretty much (fake usc doesn't count)

that is true, almost always a big name from the SEC too. UGA, Auburn, A&M
9/18/19 3:16 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys -
itskrisdude - 
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

it's not like they aren't play good OOC games, they just are home and home

future OOC games

2020 09/05 - vs USC (in Arlington, TX)
2021 09/04 - vs Miami (FL) (in Atlanta, GA)
2022 09/10 - at Texas
2023 09/09 - Texas
2024 09/14 - at Wisconsin
2025 09/13 - Wisconsin
2026 09/05 - at West Virginia
2027 09/04 - West Virginia
2028 09/02 - at Notre Dame
2029 09/01 - Notre Dame
2032 09/11 - at Oklahoma
2033 09/10 - Oklahoma

so they are moving to more home and home games

but I have zero problem with neutral site games

Playing on a neutral field close to your own home is in no way comparable to an actual road game in hostile territory.

It's good to see the future schedule is a departure from the weak ass shit thats' been going down since 2007.

9/18/19 3:19 PM
6/30/14

^ all the neutral games are not close to home, and just because it is neutral does not mean it is weak ass sht

every bowl game, conference title, national title, etc is played at a neutral site

and a neutral site vs USCw is more challenging than playing at Northwestern

home and home for sake of it does not strengthen any argument. all road games are not created equal. I want to watch good match ups, regardless of the location.

If the only way UGA had to choose between neutral site vs Notre Dame or home and home with Virginia I would absolutely choose the neutral site game. It matters more and is a better game

9/18/19 3:20 PM
3/29/13
Fan of Fanboys -
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

Lsu in a couple years

9/18/19 3:26 PM
6/30/14

2008 they played vs Clemson in Atlanta. That is way closer for Clemson
2009 vs VaTech in Atlanta
2010 vs Penn St (at alabama)
2011 at Penn St
2012 vs Michigan in Texas
2013 vs VaTech in Atlanta
2014 vs WVU in Atlanta
2015 vs Wisconsin in Texas
2016 vs USCw in Texas
2017 vs FSU in Atlanta
2018 vs Louisville in Florida

there is always a SEC vs ACC game to start the season in Atlanta. Alabama gets it a lot because they the biggest name

again, I am for home and home. but those are big name teams they have played. I would prefer good match ups over home and home. best case is good match ups that are home and home

9/18/19 3:27 PM
6/30/14
Fan of Fanboys -
EnderinAK -
itskrisdude -

Weak.

Lsu in a couple years

have 5 games vs UGA too

including neutral site in Atlanta
9/18/19 3:28 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 
Fan of Fanboys -
HernanCortes -

At least this year instead of South Carolina we get...

Georgia :/ 

You have SC too 

Yeah they're our east "rival". It's ridiculous but hey they suck so it's helped our schedule lol

I hope it stays that way forever. I love tuning in to the local radio on Fridays to here how hype they are and then again on Monday after they lose
9/18/19 3:28 PM
11/9/05
Fan of Fanboys - ^ all the neutral games are not close to home, and just because it is neutral does not mean it is weak ass sht

every bowl game, conference title, national title, etc is played at a neutral site

home and home for sake of it does not strengthen any argument. all road games are not created equal. I want to watch good match ups, regardless of the location.

If the only way UGA had to choose between neutral site vs Notre Dame or home and home with Virginia I would absolutely choose the neutral site game. It matters more and is a better game

lol my god, this is a more hardcore rationalization than any bitter ex-girlffriend could ever muster.

Championship games are played on a neutral site because that's their nature. It's pre-determined destination that has to be earned by both teams. Of course it will be a neutral site.

Your other argument is ridiculous. If you pick any team in the country and ask if your preference is play them at a neutral site, or at their stadium, the answer will always be a neutral site.

Your other off-base assumption is that it's a comparative situation every year. It's not.

There was nothing impressive about playing a 2-10 Lousiville last year at a neutral site.

There was nothing impressive about playing Duke this year in Atlanta, a neutral site.

If they were playing top tier teams every season in place of scheduling home-and-homes against solid teams, you may have a pint, but that's clearly not the case.

You can try to cut any which way you want, but not having a real OOC road games in 8 years is weak by every definition of the word.

9/18/19 3:35 PM
7/15/11

Yeah I hate that our Arkansas game is at Jerry's world. Our new AD is about to squash that imo. It makes no sense. I want another home game every other year.

9/18/19 3:36 PM
7/15/11
itskrisdude -
Fan of Fanboys - ^ all the neutral games are not close to home, and just because it is neutral does not mean it is weak ass sht

lol my god, this is a more hardcore rationalization than any bitter ex-girlffriend could ever muster.

Championship games are played on a neutral site because that's their nature. It's pre-determined destination that has to be earned by both teams. Of course it will be a neutral site.

Your other argument is ridiculous. If you pick any team in the country and ask if your preference is play them at a neutral site, or at their stadium, the answer will always be a neutral site.

Your other off-base assumption is that it's a comparative situation every year. It's not.

There was nothing impressive about playing a 2-10 Lousiville last year at a neutral site.

There was nothing impressive about playing Duke this year in Atlanta, a neutral site.

If they were playing top tier teams every season in place of scheduling home-and-homes against solid teams, you may have a pint, but that's clearly not the case.

You can try to cut any which way you want, but not having a real OOC road games in 8 years is weak by every definition of the word.

While I agree with almost every bit of this.. Let me ask you one question kris..

Has it worked for THEM? Lol

9/18/19 3:38 PM
11/9/05
Matrix -
itskrisdude -

While I agree with almost every bit of this.. Let me ask you one question kris..

Has it worked for THEM? Lol

Of course, but it can still work and be weak. They're seeking the easiest path, and I get it.

Glad it's changing soon.

9/18/19 3:41 PM
6/30/14
itskrisdude - 

"There was nothing impressive about playing a 2-10 Louisville last year at a neutral site."

they knew Louisville would be trash?

Playing at Duke would be more challenging? Have you ever been to Duke's stadium?

"If they were playing top tier teams every season in place of scheduling home-and-homes against solid teams, you may have a pint"

most of those games are vs big name teams that should be top 25 caliber, just never know what happens years out

I also feel like you are not reading anything, you are just arguing the same point regardless of what I say. So you are right
9/18/19 3:42 PM
6/30/14
Matrix - 

Yeah I hate that our Arkansas game is at Jerry's world. Our new AD is about to squash that imo. It makes no sense. I want another home game every other year.

why is a conference game being played at a neutral site?